✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

You know you're addicted to Coldplay when...

Bebop28

Saw a thread similar to this on another site a few years ago, and it was pretty funny, so thought I'd post one here...

If this is the wrong place to post this or there's already a similar thread then my apologies, I'm kinda new here.

Here's my first one:

* When your friends/parents refer to Coldplay as your 'mates' :)

1. You stay up until 5AM in the morning on Coldplaying.com

2. You end up downloading every fake VLVODAAHF torrent out there, JUST in case its genuine (ok, maybe thats just stupidity :P)

3. You spend hours procrastinating by making Coldplay related avatars and sigs

4. You buy a record player for the sole purpose of playing Coldplay vinyls

5. The 12th of June is the best day of the year

6. You go into the nearest Apple store and immediately go on Youtube to watch 'See You Soon' Live 2003 on an iPod Touch

7. Your friends threaten to hit you around the head with your X&Y CD

8. You can't help but smile (and consequently look stupid) when a Coldplay song is played in a public area (like a music store)

9. Your name is Semy.

Haha some good ones there...

Another of mine is the fact that I seem to be seeing the number 42 EVERYWHERE it seems to pop out at me from the wierdest places!

And whenever someone says they're cold, I always have to say 'play', the words juat don't sound as good by themselves :D

When every time you hear about the word parachutes, well you know...

When every time you stand up too quick and blood rushes to your head, well you know...

When every time in Math the two variables are X and Y, well you know...

YOU THINK OF COLDPLAY!!!:D

Guest LiquidSky

1. You stay up until 5AM in the morning on Coldplaying.com

2. You end up downloading every fake VLVODAAHF torrent out there, JUST in case its genuine (ok, maybe thats just stupidity :P)

3. You spend hours procrastinating by making Coldplay related avatars and sigs

4. You buy a record player for the sole purpose of playing Coldplay vinyls

5. The 12th of June is the best day of the year

6. You go into the nearest Apple store and immediately go on Youtube to watch 'See You Soon' Live 2003 on an iPod Touch

7. Your friends threaten to hit you around the head with your X&Y CD

8. You can't help but smile (and consequently look stupid) when a Coldplay song is played in a public area (like a music store)

9. Your name is Semy.

I so do #8 hahah I just can't stop smiling.. and I secretly start singing along.. haha

-when they show up in your dreams all the time

-when you mistakenly type "COLDPLAY" instead of "cold war," "cold cuts," "could play" "co-pay," or even just "could."

-when you can't sleep for excitement the night before a big coldplay release

-when your time spent on coldplaying.com affects your academic career

-when you wake up HOURS earlier than you would normally just to hear the radio premeire of a coldplay song

-when you have to tone down your love for them to your friends because you know that if they knew just how much you were obsessed with them, they'd think you were clinically insane

-when it physically pains you not to be able to attend the coldplay concert in your state (:bigcry:)

oh, i could go on and on...

-when they show up in your dreams all the time

-when you can't sleep for excitement the night before a big coldplay release

-when your time spent on coldplaying.com affects your academic career

-when you have to tone down your love for them to your friends because you know that if they knew just how much you were obsessed with them, they'd think you were clinically insane

oh, i could go on and on...

I do ALL of those, pretty often, and even though I only joined this forum today the amount of time I spend watching/listening to/researching Coldplay is definetely effecting my homework at the moment... who wants to write about Hitler when you've got Coldplay? :laugh3:

And the last one, well I try to tone down my obsessed-ness but I'm really not very good at it and even people I hardly ever talk to at school seem to know I'm obsessed :) I'm proud to say most of my friends know A LOT about Coldplay (last year we actually had a birthday party for Chris), now that is quite sad!

when you woke up at 7am and skipped uni or school just to hear violet hill like a hundred times in one day

when you're posting here even if you have an exam in 2 hours and you don't really know anything :bigcry:.. ok.. maybe that one is just me.. right now :bigcry:

when you stayed outside an hotel for 10 hours like 5 days in a row just to see them for 5 seconds

Xavipheus, man, you've got it.

Especially point 8. That's me with my friends. Coldplay MEANS me to all of them.

Though, and I'm not sure if this is true everywhere in Canada (probably not in Toronto), but Coldplay gets ZERO radio time here.

People here are too interested in listening to the SAME club anthems over and over and over and over again.

toronto 2006 unofficial dvd

btw Jonny looks so good in your avatar :blush:

Ow, alright. I thk I taped it once wehn it was on tv.

Yeah, I tought so too. Not in a gayish way or something :P

Just a nice pic ^^

Yeah Xavipheus number 8 is spot on for me aswell, ahh that reminds me...

We were watching a presentation by a woman from Teenage Cancer Trust and who happens to pop up on the slide show? Christopher Martin of corse, about 20 people turned from all directions to look at me, I have honestly never been so embarassed in my life! :D

Some more...

When you do a presentation on Make Trade Fair you insist on metioning Coldplay a lot of times (about 5) and consider showing a bit of Coldplay talking about it

You suddenly like your geography teacher (not Chris Martin, unfortunately) a LOT more when you realise he mentioned Coldplay on the end of year 'General Knowledge' quiz

Every time you go into a record shop you head straight toward the Coldplay section

You get 2 copies of the Coldplay Vinyl NME, one to chop up and put on your wall, the other to keep safe :)

I really could go on forever!

nooo

just that show that was on tv in some countries

it was converted into a dvd for a fan I guess...

Well, if you record from the tv and burn it on a dvd, you have a unofficial dvd, right? :P

yeahh that :P