✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, we get to go sooner! Hey melanie, I am going to Chitown with my gf, my best friend and his gf to go to this show, since we can't make the cleveland show. We plan to get there on wed and hang out in the city. What fun stuff is there to do? Should we go up the Sears tower? I have never been to Chicago, but have heard its a great town :)

well I live in Orlando, Florida!!! I am going to meet up with another coldplayer - KissesBirds (Lori). I love Chicago though...go to Hancock Tower instead of Sears...

do a river tour through the city....Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium..tons of stuff to do

Did anyone hear anything on the Mix giving away tickets?

Yah, they were giving them away today in the morning, but you had to have a story to tell on their station to get one.

You had to be married and you had to be a woman, because you needed to talk about how you don't trust your husband with your children...or something like that. Best story won.

Anyways, that just cut my chances of winning... since I am not married. If you were a guy it would have cut your chances of winning too. :confused:

Tomorrow they will be giving away another pair of tickets. Who knows how. I was ready to dial up this morning...oh well.

I am so mad! I thought the concert was going to be in August, so I made my vacations around that date. Then they moved it to July..and I'm not going to be here!!!!! I am so dissapointed.:cry: I was so excited about going.... I wish that they would do more shows in the midwest like in Milwuakee.I hope they come again to Chicago soon..

I am so mad! I thought the concert was going to be in August, so I made my vacations around that date. Then they moved it to July..and I'm not going to be here!!!!! I am so dissapointed.:cry: I was so excited about going.... I wish that they would do more shows in the midwest like in Milwuakee.I hope they come again to Chicago soon..

Yeah I hear ya, I was supposed to be in Orlando the 17th-27th and im coming home to see Coldplay on the 23rd!

I wish I could do that but I already payed for the ticket and everything....:angry:

Well can't you get those refunded? I should know more about that stuff, my mom is a pilot so we non-rev wherever we go so we don't buy tickets at all

I created an account successfully, when I click on "Get Code", this pops up "We're sorry. We are not able to process your request at this time. Please try again later. "

Ohh well, after reading about it on the RewardZone Community board, it sounds like people werent even able to get good seats. I hope some are saved for Saturday morn.

I gaurantee that the "normal" ticketmaster user on saturday morning wont be getting floor seats. I did this last year (cant remember if they had a Coldplay.com presale or not) but the best I got was 1st row in the 100 section in the back right corner. Seats sucked for the price, but Chris did run up by us toward the end of the show.

Won Tickets

Hey everyone, I'm new, but I just have to tell everyone my story. This morning yesterday morning I tried to get pre sale tickets with best buy..but for some reason when I went to pay for them my credit card would not work. 2 friends of mine were also trying to get tickets and they succesfully did..but they paid $94 (with taxes and everything included) for the 300 level seating!!! (I was not going to pay that much to be that high up..plus I really couldn't afford that as well). So I decided well maybe they are only giving out crappy seats for this pre sale so I will try Saturday with everyone else.

Well yesterday during work I was listening to the radio..9fm weplayanthing. They were giving out coldplay tickets so I decided to try to win some tickets..even though I had never won anything before..I still decided to try. Well around 4:30 I called in to try and be the 9th caller and I was!!!. I was so excited and now I have Coldplay tickets for free...I am not sure where they are located though but I can update you guys next week or so..that is when they said they will be sending them out.:D

I too am a newbie....not to Colplay, but this site (LOL). I tried the presale and got floor seats, but decided that Section 6 wasnt for me...I want to see the Band. So, I tried again and actually got section 101, row 10. Now, I find out that my husband has a golf outing that day, and my other coldplay buddy is on vacation! So, I may have to sell - boohoo! Anyway, just wanted to share....that there was a success story there somewhere.

I have a question.

Did anyone see them on the floor last time for the X&Y tour. How good were your seats? I just want to get an idea if it is worth it to get any seats on the floor. I am on the shorter side.. 5'4. I was wondering if you get a good view of the band even if you aren't in the first few rows.

It's expensive and if I won't be able to see them, then I will go for the best that is available for $50. I have only been on the floor once for united center, but there were no seats. It was alright, but kind of difficult to see ( I was way in the back). Good sound though.

Stevemir....sorry to hear about that. Yah, I was glad that I was still able to make it when they changed the concert date. It does kind of suck that they just changed it out of the blue. I am sure they will probably have more cities to tour in the future. Maybe next year!

Well can't you get those refunded? I should know more about that stuff, my mom is a pilot so we non-rev wherever we go so we don't buy tickets at all

I don't think so..and if i cancelled it they would probably charge me some ridiculous fee now..and I don't want my mom spending more on me anymore..she payed too much for my trip to london.

I don't think so..and if i cancelled it they would probably charge me some ridiculous fee now..and I don't want my mom spending more on me anymore..she payed too much for my trip to london.

Im sure you wish you were head of an airline paying 130 dollars a barrel for fuel...airlines are barely breaking even right now, there are no ridiculous fees

Does anyone know what parking is going to be like?. I have been to the United Center before to see the Blackhawks, is the parking usually the same. Is there any tips on where to park so it is easy to get out after the show or so that our car will be safe from break ins?

Does anyone know what parking is going to be like?. I have been to the United Center before to see the Blackhawks, is the parking usually the same. Is there any tips on where to park so it is easy to get out after the show or so that our car will be safe from break ins?

Parking will be different, as the Cirque de Soleil (sp) is performing under their "big top" in the parking lot. And they have a show at 8:00 ( show is 2 hrs 40 minutes)...so you can imagine what that will be like!!!!! I am sure traffic in and out will be HELL. I am not looking forward to that :)