✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

I am a little TO'd at the way things were handled this year. No fanclub pre-sale, no official message board, nothing for the fans!

That whole Block Buster pre-sale thing was a waste of time. The codes were done being given out after an hour of being available.

Tickets for the first Chicago show were sold out the day of.

TONS of good seats are being auctioned off! I still dont get this whole auctining tickets off for the show, what a rip off for the fan. I guess if they didnt reserve them and auction them off, scalpers would just get them and resell them anyways.

I'm going to attempt to get tix this saturday but wont be too disappointed if I dont.

I dont even think I am going to buy the album, might just burn a copy.

This is coming from someone who went to the midnight sale to get the album last year and went to 5 coldplay shows on the last tour (and got the most expensive seats).

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so 300 level may not be row 1, of section 2......however IMHO, I think they are better than section 4, 5, 6 - at least you can see???!!!

true, true. i would never get floor sectino 6 for $120. that would be a rip.

i will probably get 300 level, if possible, this next saturday anywhoos.. i just have a different perspective about them because i've been able to score some pretty good tickets in the past.

I am a little TO'd at the way things were handled this year. No fanclub pre-sale, no official message board, nothing for the fans!

That whole Block Buster pre-sale thing was a waste of time. The codes were done being given out after an hour of being available.

Tickets for the first Chicago show were sold out the day of.

TONS of good seats are being auctioned off! I still dont get this whole auctining tickets off for the show, what a rip off for the fan. I guess if they didnt reserve them and auction them off, scalpers would just get them and resell them anyways.

I'm going to attempt to get tix this saturday but wont be too disappointed if I dont.

I dont even think I am going to buy the album, might just burn a copy.

This is coming from someone who went to the midnight sale to get the album last year and went to 5 coldplay shows on the last tour (and got the most expensive seats).

i'm glad someone else is pissed about this..

thank goodness they will be having another show. although i'm scared what will happen this time around..

i got my tickets! My dad bought mine for my birthday which is in a few weeks, but I got my gift early!!!

lower level sec 109 Row 8 seats 3 & 4

So excited! My 21st b-day is on the 7th but Coldplay in concert surpasses that!!!

wait wait wait. i just spent about double on tickets at stubhub for the july 23 chicago show because i didn't get them before they sold out. and now they add another night that i could have just waited for? did i miss and announcement as to adding another chicago night or did they just add it without saying much? anyone know?

I've seen a few shows at the United Center and agree with Carolyn up high the amount of feedback (when its super loud) are really bad, like it echoes in your ears.........but down low, on the floor its as good as it gets!!!!

Did you guys find the ground level tickets on Ticketmaster? I've been trying but they want me to bid......I found some on http://www.tickex.com for $200 apiece with a Minus $20 special they have, should I go for it??? Anybody heard of them? I think their a price comparison site.....not sure though.

i heard an announcement on both XRT and 101.9 for the second show. i think i was pretty lucky to hear it, though, because i am usually listening to my XM radio.

so, i don't really know if they announced it that many times..

first post here, so sorry if this sounds really stupid/I'm posting this in the wrong section.

So i got my tickets for the show last saturday (14th), and waited in line at my nearest ticket master. I was first in line, and the only tickets i could get were for the highest section, 321. I have never gone to a show at a large arena (only smaller venues for me/music fetsivals), so i don't know how bad it's going to be.

if anyone has any prior knowledge of the united center, and the general sound quality/view from all around the arena, could you please post and let me know how it should be? I am excited to see Coldplay and all, but i'm really disappointed with the seats i got for it.

(i should note also, apparently the seats are on the side of the stage...)

first post here, so sorry if this sounds really stupid/I'm posting this in the wrong section.

So i got my tickets for the show last saturday (14th), and waited in line at my nearest ticket master. I was first in line, and the only tickets i could get were for the highest section, 321. I have never gone to a show at a large arena (only smaller venues for me/music fetsivals), so i don't know how bad it's going to be.

if anyone has any prior knowledge of the united center, and the general sound quality/view from all around the arena, could you please post and let me know how it should be? I am excited to see Coldplay and all, but i'm really disappointed with the seats i got for it.

(i should note also, apparently the seats are on the side of the stage...)

The sections 300 and above aren't as bad as you may think actually, when the lights go on its kind of dizzying because it is high up, but when its dark it's fine... I saw Coldplay last time at the UC and was in 312 I think and it was fine, the sound quality was really good as well.... what I would recommend is bring a small pair of binoculars if you want to see them that close.

I"M GOING!!!!

We didn't get the best tickets...in the 300s too. But at least I will be there! I was able to get tickets to the first show...it was a little bit of an ordeal again, but I got them.

I am going to see if I can get some binoculars before the show. I've been in the 300s before, but it's been a while. I remember being able to hear fine, just you couldn't see a thing. At least I got tickets this time for their first show...they seemed not to be selling out as quickly.

I am a little TO'd at the way things were handled this year. No fanclub pre-sale, no official message board, nothing for the fans!...

Glad to know someone else was pissed about the whole thing.

I do think it is odd that they don't have an office messageboard anymore either. Dosn't seem like they want to cater to the fans...it's weird they took it off their new site. I know there is the old one...but it doesn't seem to be as busy and is a bit ghetto. Luckily there is this messageboard.

I think they are overcharging way too much... especially for their 300 and 200 seats. I don't know why it has been so difficult getting good tickets this year. At least the 2nd show didn't sell out as fast!

Good luck guys

Gvargas why couldn't you get tickets to the 23rd?

Oh... it is a long story on page 6 of this thread...but pretty much in a nutshell...the tickets sold out way to fast to get anything decent...all that was left were some 300 behind the stage...I didn't feel like that was worth it...

Luckily, they some how added a show! :)

thanks for the reassurance on how my seats won't be completely awful

it's tragic though, what happened exactly. here's the scoop.

My friend signed up for a best buy reward zone card, or whatever, prior to the show, but he signed up too late for it to be valid for the presale offer. So I'm like "woah dude, i've had one for ages! I will get you, your girlfriend, my friend, and I, all tickets to coldplay" and he was stoked, as was I.

So I go online during my lunch break at work, to check out to see if this is gonna work out for us, and all was good until i read about the maximum of only 2 tickets...i was crushed. I went back to work to explain what happened, and i said "well...i'm gonna see if the person i'm going with, if they wanna pay near $100 for tickets for the show, if they dont get back to be by tomorrow morning at 10:00, i will give you the presale code".

So I called, and told her whats up, and she didnt pick up. My message explained the situation, and such. She never called back, so the next morning, in the most awful pain i explained how he and his girlfriend can just take the presale code..

They have amazing seats, and now im stuck in the 300's

:(, oh well, life goes on friends'

I've seen a few shows at the United Center and agree with Carolyn up high the amount of feedback (when its super loud) are really bad, like it echoes in your ears.........but down low, on the floor its as good as it gets!!!!

Did you guys find the ground level tickets on Ticketmaster? I've been trying but they want me to bid......I found some on http://www.tickex.com for $200 apiece with a Minus $20 special they have, should I go for it??? Anybody heard of them? I think their a price comparison site.....not sure though.

i got ground level seats off ticketmaster. bought a presale code off some guy on ebay and me and a buddy got floor seats :)

Ok I have a dilema.

I have the choice between two different tickets for one of the concerts. The choices are section 6 row 8, or section 207 row 1. They're both the same price (face) and both are good ticekts. However I can't decide which one to get.

The downside to the floor seats is that they are about 30 rows from the stage. I might not have a problem seeing, but the two girls in our group most likely will. Has anyone had floor seats that can help explain how the view is.

The 200 level seats are nice as well, but theyre almost dead center. Meaning they're the farthest club level seats. Being in the first row will be nice (no one in front of us), but would I be sacrificing a lot of distance from the stage?

Anyone with any advice please let me know.

Thanks