✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

Hi again...

I was wondering what the best seats are if I am looking in the 200-300 level?

I also wanted to know how well you can see on the floor if you are not in sections 1, 2 or 3 towards the front. I am not tall, but because there are seats, is there more room to see between or above heads?

Any info would be great before they sell them tomorrow! :)

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again...

I was wondering what the best seats are if I am looking in the 200-300 level?

I also wanted to know how well you can see on the floor if you are not in sections 1, 2 or 3 towards the front. I am not tall, but because there are seats, is there more room to see between or above heads?

Any info would be great before they sell them tomorrow! :)

I am thinkin even though there may be seats, no one will be sitting down..so you might not be able to see but then again I could be wrong I have never been to a concert at the United Center. Any seats in the 200s are good, but the 300s are pretty high up so I would try to get the best available for there. This is just my knowledge from going to the blackhawk games, I have had tickets in the 100s, 200s and 300s. The 100s are amazing.....not sure for a concert though it depends on where they are

If you are going with the 300s try to get tickets in the 316-315 section or on the opposite side 334-301....but yet again they are pretty high up

Thanks so much for the info...

Yah, the only time I have gotten 300 seats was for an Andrea Bocelli concert, but they were not on the sides, but in the back. I remember barely being able to see anything.

I am going to try and shoot for the 200 level...I hope they have some for around 50 dollars.

Yah, they won't be sitting down, that is why I don't know if I think it is worth it to pay all that money if I am not going to get really close seats.

Do you know if you get the tickets at United Center tomorrow, if you have a better chance of getting good tickets?

Thanks so much for the info...

Yah, the only time I have gotten 300 seats was for an Andrea Bocelli concert, but they were not on the sides, but in the back. I remember barely being able to see anything.

I am going to try and shoot for the 200 level...I hope they have some for around 50 dollars.

Yah, they won't be sitting down, that is why I don't know if I think it is worth it to pay all that money if I am not going to get really close seats.

Do you know if you get the tickets at United Center tomorrow, if you have a better chance of getting good tickets?

"Do you know if you get the tickets at United Center tomorrow, if you have a better chance of getting good tickets"?

Thats a great question..I am not sure..but it would make sense considering you may just be able to tell them where u want to sit but I have never bought tickets directly from them.

i just got some presale seats which just happen to be on the floor in section 4. i took the first available, but a basketball floor isnt that big even if you are on the opposite end, you can see pretty well. plus im tall enough lol.

A basketball floor is not very big...but a hockey floor is big..and I am pretty sure that is the layout

"Do you know if you get the tickets at United Center tomorrow, if you have a better chance of getting good tickets"?

Thats a great question..I am not sure..but it would make sense considering you may just be able to tell them where u want to sit but I have never bought tickets directly from them.

Oh, I wish I could know...I might just have to check it out tomorrow. I just get scared that depending on how long it takes...if I will still be able to get a good seat vs going to a ticketmaster office where there may not be as many people. If they blocked off seats at the box office, that would be great.

How did everyone fare yesterday??? Good tickets were mighty hard to come by on Ticketmaster...:(

Were there any tickets at all? I ended up buying a pair on ebay in 120 row 19 on the side of the stage. I hope they are decent tickets.

Oh yes. The first time I clicked it said 4 for 300 levels, and I was pissed haha. When I tried again, it said there were NO seats, so I panicked. And the third time I clicked, I was going to take anything in the building and it happened to be 4 seats in 101 row 2! for like 95 bucks a seat (I of course am paying for 2, not 4 :)). I think I got extremely lucky.

Online it came up as sold out, but we called ticketmaster and had section 6 on the floor row 10...

but then the phone line dropped and we didnt get any :(

Oh well I'll just wait until November.

Unless anyone knows where I can get decent tickets for less than 200 bucks each...

I went to the box office, waited to get in a lottery and thought I would get decent tickets that day. Had to wake up early, 9am, to get the lottery and what a waste of time...

at 12pm they let us in after having to walk around and wait forever. There were a lot of people in line before me. The first row of people in the box office took forever. It was like the cashiers did it on purpose or something. How long does a transaction take? The customers all had their cash ready. A lot of them looked like scalpers. And if they weren't, they probably were going to buy 6 tickets and sell whatever they couldn't use for way over the asking price.

I overheard what section in the floor area people were getting before me and they mentioned section 6. That was already way too far for 100 bucks for me. The girl before me asked for things in the 50 range and she got something in the back of the stadium in the 300 level!

After three people, when they finally got to me there was almost nothing left. What a waste! I also found out that the only $50 tickets were in the back at the 300 level. You can't even see there and that is all they were selling for $50 dollars! The side 300 level were being sold for 70+ bucks. Are you kidding me? I felt like were were mislead with prices. Coldplay should of just made everything 77 or 100 bucks. And I think that is still overpriced!

But, it didn't matter, because when I finally got to ask for tickets even in the 200 level, she said there was nothing left. At the end, when I told her to keep checking then she kept saying that all that was left was behind the stage! What!? I don't want to pay 50 to not see there faces and have the speakers in front of me. Anyways, I was dissapointed once again. I hate waiting for tickets and then being disappointed. This already happened to me once before with them.

Anyways, I ended up not buying any tickets and being really disappointed. What is sad is that I am a true fan and it doesn't look like I am going to go to the concert now. I almost can't believe it. Coldplay should not be a band that only is for the elite. And why did they sell out so fast? Probably because they market themselves so much now! I didn't even have a chance to even get any decent seat because they sold out so fast.

I go to other concerts in the year other than them, so they are not the only band I spend music on. They should understand that since they love music as much as I do.

I am just surprised they don't offer more tickets at more affordable prices. I can't believe everyone will be able to afford them. And the next time they come, how much will they be asking then?

The only thing I have to look forward to is their cd that is coming out this week. That I will buy, 3/4 of the rest of the people probably won't. (Okay I really don't know that! :))

Sorry I am just a little annoyed with them right now. And I really don't get annoyed when I buy other concert tickets.

I went to the box office, waited to get in a lottery and thought I would get decent tickets that day. Had to wake up early, 9am, to get the lottery and what a waste of time...

at 12pm they let us in after having to walk around and wait forever. There were a lot of people in line before me. The first row of people in the box office took forever. It was like the cashiers did it on purpose or something. How long does a transaction take? The customers all had their cash ready. A lot of them looked like scalpers. And if they weren't, they probably were going to buy 6 tickets and sell whatever they couldn't use for way over the asking price.

I overheard what section in the floor area people were getting before me and they mentioned section 6. That was already way too far for 100 bucks for me. The girl before me asked for things in the 50 range and she got something in the back of the stadium in the 300 level!

After three people, when they finally got to me there was almost nothing left. What a waste! I also found out that the only $50 tickets were in the back at the 300 level. You can't even see there and that is all they were selling for $50 dollars! The side 300 level were being sold for 70+ bucks. Are you kidding me? I felt like were were mislead with prices. Coldplay should of just made everything 77 or 100 bucks. And I think that is still overpriced!

But, it didn't matter, because when I finally got to ask for tickets even in the 200 level, she said there was nothing left. At the end, when I told her to keep checking then she kept saying that all that was left was behind the stage! What!? I don't want to pay 50 to not see there faces and have the speakers in front of me. Anyways, I was dissapointed once again. I hate waiting for tickets and then being disappointed. This already happened to me once before with them.

Anyways, I ended up not buying any tickets and being really disappointed. What is sad is that I am a true fan and it doesn't look like I am going to go to the concert now. I almost can't believe it. Coldplay should not be a band that only is for the elite. And why did they sell out so fast? Probably because they market themselves so much now! I didn't even have a chance to even get any decent seat because they sold out so fast.

I go to other concerts in the year other than them, so they are not the only band I spend music on. They should understand that since they love music as much as I do.

I am just surprised they don't offer more tickets at more affordable prices. I can't believe everyone will be able to afford them. And the next time they come, how much will they be asking then?

The only thing I have to look forward to is their cd that is coming out this week. That I will buy, 3/4 of the rest of the people probably won't. (Okay I really don't know that! :))

Sorry I am just a little annoyed with them right now. And I really don't get annoyed when I buy other concert tickets.

Sorry to hear that...It seems like a lot of the tickets people bought are now on ebay or other ticket sites now for a lot of money....maybe there is one last chance..mabey you could win a pair off of a radio station..I know it sounds kind of unrealistic but I was able to win a pair....and I never win anything.

A basketball floor is not very big...but a hockey floor is big..and I am pretty sure that is the layout

hockey floor is about the same size. im a huge fan of hockey by the way, so glad my wings won the cup, been a fan for 8 years. anyways they play basketball and hockey in the same stadium, they dont really remove any of the seats so its about the same size i think.

me and my dad got seats front row in the 300 level 333 to be exact and I am very pleased bcuz 333 is really close to the stage diagonal wise and it was only 77 I think I was so nervous at noon sat my hand was shaking and I could barley complete the order!!! Coldplay I love u too much jeez.... See yall at the UC in July!!!!!

~I don't wanna follow death and all his friends~

*alert* *alert*

you will need your binoculars.

i repeat, you MUST BRING binoculars...

i am not kidding.

ok, maybe a little.

Ok, so 300 level may not be row 1, of section 2......however IMHO, I think they are better than section 4, 5, 6 - at least you can see???!!!