✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago Crowd...

I can't ditch my Hubbie! He loves Coldplay & is my favorite person to hang with at shows...He wouldn't go to the Ritz , but HE WOULD be willing to hang around at an exit for a chance to get a picture. Unfortunately, most bands fly out of a show and are in a van on the way to the hotel beofore anyone in the audience can even get out of an aisle -- maybe Coldplay is different.... I'd love to know if there is an exit we could count on... ~ Kelly PS ( I did ask my kids if they wanted to come & they each said no...thankfully for my wallet)

I can't ditch my Hubbie! He loves Coldplay & is my favorite person to hang with at shows...He wouldn't go to the Ritz , but HE WOULD be willing to hang around at an exit for a chance to get a picture. Unfortunately, most bands fly out of a show and are in a van on the way to the hotel beofore anyone in the audience can even get out of an aisle -- maybe Coldplay is different.... I'd love to know if there is an exit we could count on... ~ Kelly PS ( I did ask my kids if they wanted to come & they each said no...thankfully for my wallet)

Sorry! I'm just always quick to assume that everyone has a hater husband like me:confused: And if I thought he wouldn't be a total buzz kill I would've let him go with me...but since he'd be leaning over asking me if Chris is getting his period he gets to stay and watch the kid:D Now my almost 3 year old would love to see Coldplay:lol:

Melanie....Don't you love you have a little one that digs the same music....My 13 yr old doesn't like music of ANY kind....weird!...my 11 yr old just sort of likes almost anything... but my 7yr. old- he's my kindred spirit. Once, when he was 4, we were driving and I can't remember, Fix You or something equally sad CP song was playing, and I looked in the rearview and tears were streaming down HIS face! I thought Holy Hell, they can touch a 4 yr old who doesn't even understand the lyrics! I asked what was wrong and he said "nothing, that's just a weally sad song, isn't it"....He wishes he was coming to the show but it's hard to imagine a 200$ seat for a 7 yr old...

Thats awesome! yet saddening...

Im soooooo pumped. A week to go until the concert! Im driving up at 2 PM from indianapolis and going back the same night, so we are gonna hang out downtown fora w hile.

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? And is over all just distracted during the day? I feel like I'm 8 years old on Christmas eve waiting for santa to leave the presents :D

Melanie....Don't you love you have a little one that digs the same music....My 13 yr old doesn't like music of ANY kind....weird!...my 11 yr old just sort of likes almost anything... but my 7yr. old- he's my kindred spirit. Once, when he was 4, we were driving and I can't remember, Fix You or something equally sad CP song was playing, and I looked in the rearview and tears were streaming down HIS face! I thought Holy Hell, they can touch a 4 yr old who doesn't even understand the lyrics! I asked what was wrong and he said "nothing, that's just a weally sad song, isn't it"....He wishes he was coming to the show but it's hard to imagine a 200$ seat for a 7 yr old...

Yes, it is fun. Since my hubby is a hater I taught her the names of the boys and their instruments...hee hee...the other day Cemeteries of London was on and I asked her who sang this song....and she said - I don't know, might be, probably Coldplay! HAHAHHAHAH!

and yes icedude2010 - having trouble sleeping which was why I was on here at 3am trying to see how the gig went:dozey:

aaaaaawwwwwww, that is so cute! Music really touches him.

I have 2 Floor seats for the Tuesday night show and now I cannot go, :cry: so I am wondering if anyone is interested in a swap for Wednesday's show? My seats are in section SEC 6, row 14. Looking for comparable floor seats if possible, thanks!

Once' date=' when he was 4, we were driving and I can't remember, Fix You or something equally sad CP song was playing, and I looked in the rearview and tears were streaming down HIS face! I thought Holy Hell, they can touch a 4 yr old who doesn't even understand the lyrics! I asked what was wrong and he said "nothing, that's just a weally sad song, isn't it"....He wishes he was coming to the show but it's hard to imagine a 200$ seat for a 7 yr old...[/quote']awww:blush: that's beautiful:cry:

Excellent, that works perfectly. Do you know how long they typically play for/what time Coldplay usually comes on?

They typically play for 1 1/2 hrs (20-22 songs) and come out anywhere between 9-9:30. As long as you are in your seat by 9, it will be fine. Have fun at the concert!

yeah i saw the forecast for orlando a nd it was about 95 every day with heavy thunderstorms....great...can't wait to get back:dozey:

and what are you waiting for angie??? go ahead and put orlando in that sig..November 7....DO IT!:sneaky: