✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (1st night) - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Oxfam Blog] Back to the big show.

COLDPLAY, IZOD CENTER, E Rutherford, NJ. That’s what it says on the white A4 sheet taped to the mirror above my laptop screen. Below that title is a list of phone numbers and times for today’s daysheet. It’s taped to a mirrow in my (borrowed) office. Surrounding the mirror are those big white bulbs, like the ones you would imagine backstage at a Broadway show, or on Bugsy Malone..

It’s just over 8 hours until Coldplay are due to take the stage here. About 5 hours until today’s troop of Oxfam volunteers arrive. We’re back to the big shows again. The buses rolled into Manhatten on Wednesday morning. The backline crew unloaded for a Yahoo Sessions show at the Hammerstein Ballroom, which aired on TV that night. The next couple of days was preparing for the Saturday Night Live show which aired last night, .. and exploring Manhatten. I took the chance to check out Longwave at the Bowery Ballroom. Steve Schiltz from Albert Hammond Jr (the Coldplay support out in Europe), is the lead-singer for Longwave. They put on a great show. Switching between gentle melodies and a wall of sound. They also have a new record coming out in November..

Tonight, we are back to the regular day-job. All crew back on the floor, rolling cases around and getting the big show rolling again. Another chance for a fresh bunch of Coldplay fans to get involved with Oxfam’s work and take in a great concert.

I heard that there may be a few famous faces in the house tonight.. Including, possibly, a certain Glastonbury conquerer.. Maybe tonight, we will see a special ‘Encore’.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=83

sean i need your advice! how do i go about passing out the signs tonight? ill be the only one on the floor!

=well first off print as many as you can then you have to try and get in the arena early. Tell the security gaurds that your with oxfam and have their permission to hand out signs. Once your inside put as many as you can on the seats.

anyone working with oxfam tonight?

No, but i will be tomorrow night! OMG less than 4 hrs to go!!!!!!!!!!! then i get to do it all over again tomorrow! this is freakin awesome! hopefully, i wont get there too late. I've got a ton of school work ive got to get done for tomorrow and tuesday since im going to both shows...but it'll all be worth it!