✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

04-Aug-08: Boston - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Nov]

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't elaborate too much but it was a fantastic show. Crowd could have been into it a little more at times but overall great night! I was at 2 shows during the X&Y Tour and those were equally as great but what was fun to see was that this was 100% different and still just as much fun! Plus, Jerry Seinfeld, Steven Spielberg, Giselle and Tom Brady (not to mention Gwenyth) were all in attendance tonight...

Won't elaborate too much but it was a fantastic show. Crowd could have been into it a little more at times but overall great night! I was at 2 shows during the X&Y Tour and those were equally as great but what was fun to see was that this was 100% different and still just as much fun! Plus, Jerry Seinfeld, Steven Spielberg, Giselle and Tom Brady (not to mention Gwenyth) were all in attendance tonight...

Waow Steven Spielberg, uh?That's really nice.

hell ya....those are many A-listers haha..............setlist?

I can't picture Spielberg getting into it ... interesting group.

what an amazing gig... trying since 2000 to see them and somehow I see them at last 3000 miles from home! wonderful!

Setlist is (i think)

LIT

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

VLV

Yes

Fix You

Chinese Sleep Chant - B Stage

God Put A Smile On Your Face - B Stage

Yellow - Full Band

Speed Of Sound

Lost

The Scientist - Acoustic

Death Will Never Conquer - Acoustic

--

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death & All His Friends

If I'm wrong I apologise, was hoping for Don't Panic or Green Eyes and rather too optimistically thinking they'd bring in COL or Square One for some reason...

more tomorrow, night!

boston

same list as the other shows, was hoping for green eyes and such.. last nite and all states side.

it started off so well, loved it thru Fix You, which might be the best one in the lot, Yellow too was in it's place as well. think the X&Y tour was better, good crowd interaction and singing. about my 2 cents.

holy fucking shit.

i sat.... TWO.... ROWS... IN FRONT OF GWYNETH, SEINFELD, AND KATE BOSOWORTH.

THE SHOW WAS INCREDIBLE. 100 TIMES BETTER THAN HARTFORD (sorry hartford buddies). I WILL ELABORATE MORE IN A SEC. I HAVE TO PEE. HOLY SHIT.

ur sooooooo lucky but im glad u ahd fun

what an amazing gig... trying since 2000 to see them and somehow I see them at last 3000 miles from home! wonderful!

Setlist is (i think)

LIT

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

VLV

Yes

Fix You

Yellow - Full Band

Speed Of Sound

Lost

The Scientist - Acoustic

--

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death & All His Friends

If I'm wrong I apologise, was hoping for Don't Panic or Green Eyes and rather too optimistically thinking they'd bring in COL or Square One for some reason...

more tomorrow, night!

Yellow and Speed of Sound were the other way around

as were 42 and Fix You

Strawberry Swing also came after Fix You :D

Setlist posted above is a bit off...

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

VLV

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

Speed Of Sound

Yellow - Full Band

Lost!

The Scientist - Acoustic

--

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death & All His Friends/The Escapist

...pretty sure that was it.

(EDIT: Yeah, Speed of Sound WAS before Yellow. My bad!)

Overall, a GREAT FUCKING SHOW!

Chris screwed up the beginning of "Death and All His Friends":

"All winter we got married...Aw, FUCK."

I laughed.

Best night of 2008 for me by far!

JUST GOT BACK!!!!!!!!!! dayummmmm i was in LOGE 1, directly across the arena from where Gwen was sitting, and all of a sudden like 5 mins before coldplay came on everbody started cheering and gathering over by where she had just sat (where bostonsportsTD) was sitting. It looked like a huge paparrazi swarm from where i was sitting lol was her mother with her?? i thought that was her sitting next to Gwen?

it's 1AM and i got up at 5 this morning, i am tired. AWESOME SHOW

HAHA I got the beginning of DAAHF on video!!!! at the "aw fuck" , i'll load it tomorrow

Setlist posted above is a bit off...

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

VLV

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

Yellow - Full Band

Speed Of Sound

Lost!

The Scientist - Acoustic

--

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death & All His Friends/The Escapist

...pretty sure that was it.

Overall, a GREAT FUCKING SHOW!

Chris screwed up the beginning of "Death and All His Friends":

"All winter we got married...Aw, FUCK."

I laughed.

Best night of 2008 for me by far!

ok so.... here it goes.

we got to our seats right around the end of santogold's act (great timing!) and then we were just sitting around waiting as you do at any concert. so then the girls next to us start taking pictures of a lady behind us so i asked who it was and they said kate bosworth. so i'm like... that's cool because she's famous but i don't really know her. so then these people come out from behind the stage and again the girls next to me are pointing and one of them yells GWYNETH! and then the whole crowd in our section and everyone in that corner of the floor stood up and gave her an ovation and she just kept coming closer and closer to me until shes sitting directly behind me just two rows back. i was shaking that i was in awe so much and right when i thought about shaking her hand and talking to her... the lights went down and my focus was completely diverted to coldplay. life in technicolor had so much energy tonight and i could tell right off the bat the show was going to be incredible. the crowd went nuts during violet hill and at the end chris said 'now this is gunna be a REALLY GOOD ONE!' i got the biggest chills when he said that because i know he only says that if he means it. clocks seemed a lot better tonight because he did more with the vocals... went higher at some parts... it was great. the sold out crowd was IMMENSE during the chorus of in my place. viva la vida was better and i don't even know why. but i just enjoyed it a lot more. yes was the same. a little bit of low energy but the jam sesh at the end is just SO INCREDIBLE. i could watch that over and over there is just so much energy in it. 42 was great. i looked at gwyneth during it and she was singing all the words! fix you was like... hartford times 20 (2732 aka nick... you would have died). the crowd LOVED it and chris did his hopping on stage and sang the end of it SO BEAUTIFULLY!! chinese sleep chant was dull again. i know some people out there like this song but i just don't get it! really i dont get how they play this live and not cemeteries!! but GPASUYF was cool again and he added in some lyric about 'playing down in massachusetts' (anyone remember it exactly??). the one area of the show that was worse than hartford was that they replaced square one/hardest part with speed of sound. it was nice to have at least one change but i was really looking forward to hearing square one again!! Lost! was great... crowd knew it really well. chris put a great ending on it. i think it was before this song that he talked about all the monday night TV we were missing and he mentioned home improvement and SEINFELD and everyone in my section looked back at him and laughed and i swear we made eye contact!! scientist was beautiful... bigger crowd = more amazing NOBODY SAID IT WAS EASYYYYY. before death will never convquer chris wouldn't stop talking about how amazing will was and then he said 'ok now i'll shut the fuck up' it was hilarious. back on stage politik was INCREDIBLEEEEEE. like FUCKING INSANE!!!!! i like came close to getting emotional during OPEN UP YOUR EYYYYYES. the piano solo as usual was stunning. lovers in japan was just as good but a tad less for me than hartford because i was on the floor at hartford so i got the confetti. but at one point he came down the ramp in front of us and pointed to gwyneth!! after LiJ gwyneth and her crew left. then chris dedicated death and all his friends to tom brady!!! haha at the beginning he messed up the lyrics and said ah fuck. crowd went nuts and he started again. it was BEAUTIFUL. he added so much to the vocals and the instrumental build up was crazy yet again. i couldn't even breath during the NO I DONT WANNA BATTLE... becaue i was jumping up and down so much. chris said a long goodbye and then they left. the lights stayed down for awhile and i was really hopeful for another encore but it never came! i'm really not that disappointed and i thought i would be but that shows how amazing the show was!

other thing i can remember:

chris said the boston fans were better than all the other shows combined!! :D

after the scientist he talked about how his harmonica playing was pointless and didn't sound good.

chris said before the scientist that he wrote the song after spending a steamy night with condeliza rice!! it was hilarious!

when the crowd was singing during either in my place or fix you chris said "you can HEAR all the Irish blood out there!!"

ahhh that's it for now! i'm sad its all over but i'm still in such a buzz from the show. amazing amazing amazing and that's all i can say!

JUST GOT BACK!!!!!!!!!! dayummmmm i was in LOGE 1, directly across the arena from where Gwen was sitting, and all of a sudden like 5 mins before coldplay came on everbody started cheering and gathering over by where she had just sat (where bostonsportsTD) was sitting. It looked like a huge paparrazi swarm from where i was sitting lol was her mother with her?? i thought that was her sitting next to Gwen?

it's 1AM and i got up at 5 this morning, i am tired. AWESOME SHOW

yes gwynth's mother (blythe?) was there as well!

ok so.... here it goes.

we got to our seats right around the end of santogold's act (great timing!) and then we were just sitting around waiting as you do at any concert. so then the girls next to us start taking pictures of a lady behind us so i asked who it was and they said kate bosworth. so i'm like... that's cool because she's famous but i don't really know her. so then these people come out from behind the stage and again the girls next to me are pointing and one of them yells GWYNETH! and then the whole crowd in our section and everyone in that corner of the floor stood up and gave her an ovation and she just kept coming closer and closer to me until shes sitting directly behind me just two rows back. i was shaking that i was in awe so much and right when i thought about shaking her hand and talking to her... the lights went down and my focus was completely diverted to coldplay. life in technicolor had so much energy tonight and i could tell right off the bat the show was going to be incredible. the crowd went nuts during violet hill and at the end chris said 'now this is gunna be a REALLY GOOD ONE!' i got the biggest chills when he said that because i know he only says that if he means it. clocks seemed a lot better tonight because he did more with the vocals... went higher at some parts... it was great. the sold out crowd was IMMENSE during the chorus of in my place. viva la vida was better and i don't even know why. but i just enjoyed it a lot more. yes was the same. a little bit of low energy but the jam sesh at the end is just SO INCREDIBLE. i could watch that over and over there is just so much energy in it. 42 was great. i looked at gwyneth during it and she was singing all the words! fix you was like... hartford times 20 (2732 aka nick... you would have died). the crowd LOVED it and chris did his hopping on stage and sang the end of it SO BEAUTIFULLY!! chinese sleep chant was dull again. i know some people out there like this song but i just don't get it! really i dont get how they play this live and not cemeteries!! but GPASUYF was cool again and he added in some lyric about 'playing down in massachusetts' (anyone remember it exactly??). the one area of the show that was worse than hartford was that they replaced square one/hardest part with speed of sound. it was nice to have at least one change but i was really looking forward to hearing square one again!! Lost! was great... crowd knew it really well. chris put a great ending on it. i think it was before this song that he talked about all the monday night TV we were missing and he mentioned home improvement and SEINFELD and everyone in my section looked back at him and laughed and i swear we made eye contact!! scientist was beautiful... bigger crowd = more amazing NOBODY SAID IT WAS EASYYYYY. before death will never convquer chris wouldn't stop talking about how amazing will was and then he said 'ok now i'll shut the fuck up' it was hilarious. back on stage politik was INCREDIBLEEEEEE. like FUCKING INSANE!!!!! i like came close to getting emotional during OPEN UP YOUR EYYYYYES. the piano solo as usual was stunning. lovers in japan was just as good but a tad less for me than hartford because i was on the floor at hartford so i got the confetti. but at one point he came down the ramp in front of us and pointed to gwyneth!! after LiJ gwyneth and her crew left. then chris dedicated death and all his friends to tom brady!!! haha at the beginning he messed up the lyrics and said ah fuck. crowd went nuts and he started again. it was BEAUTIFUL. he added so much to the vocals and the instrumental build up was crazy yet again. i couldn't even breath during the NO I DONT WANNA BATTLE... becaue i was jumping up and down so much. chris said a long goodbye and then they left. the lights stayed down for awhile and i was really hopeful for another encore but it never came! i'm really not that disappointed and i thought i would be but that shows how amazing the show was!

other thing i can remember:

chris said the boston fans were better than all the other shows combined!! :D

after the scientist he talked about how his harmonica playing was pointless and didn't sound good.

chris said before the scientist that he wrote the song after spending a steamy night with condeliza rice!! it was hilarious!

ahhh that's it for now! i'm sad its all over but i'm still in such a buzz from the show. amazing amazing amazing and that's all i can say!

ahhhh im soo happy for u.....im very excited dont know why but i am haha....thanks!