✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

1-Dec-08 - Birmingham, NIA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall oeveryone..am new to this site so hoping someone can help me. Im living in Ireland and want to book a wkend away to Birmingham for my boyf as surprise for his 30th. I would love to go to Coldplay concert on the Monday Dec 1st. As I am from Ireland i am not familiar with UK websites. Obviously tickets for the gig are sold out on ticketmaster - I found a website mostwantedtickets.co.uk that are selling tickets for the concert in Lower Tier Block 8. Is this an ok site to buy from or are there better ones? Can someone suggest somewhere i could get them from? Thanks a mill xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so excited!!!

I'm sooooooo excited :laugh3: Hence my mood; YEEHAW!!!!! I've just got tickets to the B'ham NIA gig TODAY!!!!! 3 days before the gig!!!! :smug: I just had to tell people 'cos I feel soooo lucky! A client from work had two tickets to spare & I found out from a colleague. The best bit is that I was sold them at face value. WOW!

...... & even better still I now get so see the best band in the world TWICE cos I've also got tickets to the O2 on December 14th.

First post ever on this site. I will be at Nia tonight...block 2 upper. Never been to Nia before or coldplay so not sure what to expect but have been reading forum for other dates and excitement is mounting. This will be first time at coldplay concert, so will give review after based on my previous concerts....Red chilli peppers...crowded house...guns n roses... wishing everyone going a fantastic night and hope to come home with a sore throat after lots of singing along to what is now one of my favourite bands.

It’s another chilly day at the Birmingham NIA

I walked across to the arena today, watching Christmas lights being strung up around trees. It’s the first day of a freezing cold December, in England. You know, when you go outside in the cold and then get back indoors, try to speak to someone, and your mouth doesn’t work properly.. like your cheeks are freezing up. When you stand talking to a friend, and your breath in the air makes you look like two boiling kettles. That’s the kind of day it is out there. Inside, everyone is wearing wolly hats, beanies and big coats. It’s a few degrees warmer than out there, but still pretty chilly.

The Birmingham NIA stands proudly overlooking the canals and down across England’s second largest city. Posters line the walls, advertising all sorts of big shows to come.. Coldplay own the stage here for the next 3 nights though, and will play in front of over 32′000 people before we even get the Thursday. I’m sure those fans will go home happy and looking forward to the huge stadium shows next year.

Oxfam is here. Every show. Every step of the way. Giving people the chance to take small actions that save lives. 20 volunteers will be spread around the arena, looking for all those people who want to join the other thousands of great Coldplay fans, who have already signed the pledge for Health and Education For All. It’s World Aids day today, there is no time more relevant, to do what you can, to reduce poverty.

Coldplay will be on their way to Birmingham, right now. Thank you, as always to them, for inviting Oxfam to be here waiting for them, just like the thousands of fans who will flood though these doors this evening.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=113

[Coldplay Oxfam Blog] Brummie World Beaters.

If my memory serves me correctly.. It’s been 22 shows since the last time I was able to say this. We have a new world record sign-up number for the Viva La Vida tour 2008! Oxfam has had an amazing night so far at the 1st Coldplay show, here at the Birmingham NIA.

An incredible 2050 amazing Coldplay fans, signed to pledge their support for Health and Education For All. That’s almost a fifth of the audience! Thank you to our amazing 20 volunteers, organised by Kay, our star regional coordinator.

My condolences to the Ottawa volunteers, who held the record for over 6 weeks. I am sure that you will be able to see the positive side though.. thousands more people calling on their governments to act and continue supporting education, healthcare, sanitation and water improvement programmes for the worlds poorest people.

What a great feeling. For those of you who remember Chris Akabusi on ‘Record Breakers’, “Dedication’s what you need”.

The guitars and drums just slammed into ‘Politik’. The night is almost over. Great work everyone.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=114

Just got home. what a fantastic night. my first coldplay concert. Lights, sound and band were on top form. boy, can they rock...my ears are still ringing and my voice has gone from singing so much. chris was on top form and said he had been nervous about coming back to uk after so long away but that tonight he felt welcomed home by such a great response from us all...ive got to admit that the crowd really got into when they played Yellow early in the set instead of encore.....talking of encore...oh my god we got the sceinetist and...............................the world live premiere of Life in Technicolour ii.......wow it is great life...im just buzzing from the whole wexperience. Hard tp pick a favourite moment as it was all great, but personal highlights were Fix You, The Hardest Part, Politik and of course Life in Technicolour ii........brilliant. If you havent seen coldplay I highly recommend it. One of, if not the greatest band that I have ever seen live and I dont give that accolade lightly.