✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

1-Dec-08 - Birmingham, NIA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im exhausted but i think the below is pretty much the setlist we got tonight. I think...forgive me if I got order slightly wrong

SetList

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

Yellow

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist

Life in Technicolour ii

The Escapist (outro)

hahahaha

I never liked that song.

and then the video came out and it was gross.

and then they put it in the soundtrack of a soap opera in Brazil and half of the people in their concert in sao paulo were there because they wanted to hear 'the hardest part'.

gaaaah. i was so glad when he said he didn't want to play it on saturday!!!

Apologies for the rather brief/ crazy post there, as you can probably tell I am still buzzing from tonight! It was beyond belief to be honest, I dont have a big enough vocabulary to explain how happy I am right now!

When they came on I though I was seriously going to pass out, Im soo glad I didnt though. I srceamed my way though every song, even the teary parts of Clocks, Yellow and Green Eyes. Still cant believe it, GREEN EYES for gods sake! And when they played LITii, it was absolutely mind blowing stuff. There was a bit of Back For Good (Take That) thrown in for good measure. :) Im afraid I got 0 photos and videos as I was far to busy screaming/ dancing/ crying to bother faffing about with zoomy cameras (I was Upper Tier)! I did however to get a bag full of butterfly confetti. :D

I shall be off to bed now, sleep satisfies after all! ;) On the subject of Chinese Sleep Chant, I seemed to be the only one who knew all the words (well sorta) must say I was quite proud. Ill post a longer review tomorrow.

Im exhausted but i think the below is pretty much the setlist we got tonight. I think...forgive me if I got order slightly wrong

SetList

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

Yellow

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist

Life in Technicolour ii

The Escapist (outro)

This seems correct to me aswell, apart from no COL as far as I knew, because I was looking forward to that one. LITii and Green Eyes more than made up for it though. :)

We got Trouble! I'm happy about that, at least we got something, I can't stomach The Hardest Part these days without thinking of that old woman doing acrobatics! Hehehe.

:laugh3:At first I thought , "awwww, surely the song is better than that image"....then I remembered my Mum, doing acrobatics on the ROL in OKC chasing Chris for a pic....:shocked2:

;):D...Go Mum!

Seems like it was an amazing first night in Birmingham - I'm going tonight, and cant wait.

Can anybody that went last night confirm what time the guys actually came on - and when it finished?

Thanks

J

You can please some of the people all of the time but never all the people all of the time.......

For me reflecting the morning after it was the BEST concert I have been too bar none and I am comparing ( not fairly) to Red Hot chilli peppers...crowded house....Bon Jovi....

What made it so good was not only the talent of coldplay but the energy they give off when playing.

I think LIFE IN TECHNICOLOUR II live really rocks