✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Hi Mark, for the moment I have only my phone personnally, for lights.

I can't meet up before sunday, but with SueDeNimes and Daylight Shadows we said around 5 pm in front of the O2. We shall text then to define a place to meet, something big in the view, easy to find.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

As you have purchased tickets for the forthcoming Coldplay events we would like to pass on some event information.

The runtime for the event is as follows: (please note, all times are approximates and are subject to change)

Sunday

Doors: 18:30

John Hopkins: 19:10 - 19:40

Support Act 2 (TBC): 19:50 - 20:20

Coldplay: 20:50

Finish: 22:30

live updates peeps! 16 london time Chavi and camille are at the venue they saw miller and have a sign for him but he seemed to be hiding . They saw another van maybe the band

OMG I totally forgot that Chavi will be at this gig!!!:stunned: YEAAAAYYYY :dance: This means live updates and Guy pics&vids!!!!Woohoo:D(damn Im so selfish!!! just thinking of myself:P)

:nice: Sarah your ColdplayKarma antenna is/are buzzing?!?! LOL

(damn I gotta step away from PC to get some stuff done--ahem Christmas shopping, boo!--but I will try to check in and see if anything is going on when I can)

Coldplay Karma vibes going out to Chavi!!!!!:heart::D

Roadie #42 - Blog #62

December 14, 2008 7:10 pm

#42 and the secret special guest...

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=249

Here I am, sitting outside the production office in the O2 arena. It's the first of the "Big London Shows" today, which would traditionally mean much stress and fretting all round. However, we've managed to completely circumvent any last minute nerves by being so insanely busy that worrying has fallen off the to-do list entirely.

Whilst the first of the 14 trucks are being spilled onto the arena floor at the O2 in east London, a bunch of us are way out west at BBC Television Centre setting up for a TV show. There's no band here when it's time for "camera rehearsals" so the floor manager comes over to ask the crew to stand in the band's places. Suddenly, I find myself extremely busy with something. (Funny that.) Production Manager Craig Finley is up there on the kit giving it loads - he offers a most spirited performance (particularly given the hour) - although he definitely twirls his sticks a bit more than Mr Champion does...

Fin.jpg

It's then a mad dash across London to get to the O2 for a 5pm soundcheck. I have no idea how long it took us or how the traffic was. I've reached that wonderful point of tour-weariness where every time I sit still I just nod off, so I spend the journey drooling gently over myself as the real world blurs its way past the window.

Upon arrival, it's pretty impossible not to stand for a moment and take in the size of the venue. It's a nicely grand view from the drum-riser today.

view.jpg

You'll note in the above photo that there's some soundcheck action up on the C-stage. Our four fellas are up there giving something special a try ready for tonight.

Five.jpg

The more numerically gifted of you will have noted that that is actually five fellas up on the C-stage. (Not including Hoppy...)

That's because tonight, they're being joined on the C-stage by... nah, I'd better not.

Roadie #42