✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Hi there Coldplay fans - I've picked up a couple of tickets from gigsandtours.com - thanks for the advice there!!

I'm waiting for an email to arrive at the moment - said it could be up to 3 hours - is anybody else waiting/already received it?

Cheers folks :)

i'm waiting too (for an email from seetickets) *waits patiently*

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's keeping me from getting completely angry is the fact that when I got Prince tickets at the O2 from Ticketmaster for two dates, they kept selling the tickets in batches. So when they put "SOLD OUT" it really meant one of their batches was sold out, cause later on there would be more tickets. Also ticketmaster and Seetickets were pushing sales of the Upper Tiers before any lower tiers and floor tiers.

*crosses fingers*

What's keeping me from getting completely angry is the fact that when I got Prince tickets at the O2 from Ticketmaster for two dates, they kept selling the tickets in batches. So when they put "SOLD OUT" it really meant one of their batches was sold out, cause later on there would be more tickets. Also ticketmaster and Seetickets were pushing sales of the Upper Tiers before any lower tiers and floor tiers.

*crosses fingers*

So do you think they are holding back standing tickets to sell then or is there no hope ?

So do you think they are holding back standing tickets to sell then or is there no hope ?

there's no way of 100% knowing but I have some hope left. I will keep trying as long as I can today :) AND you can still chose what type of tickets you want in Ticketmaster.... when they sell out you can't even do that...

Ok i think i can clear this one up:

I live in Greenwich and i decided to go down to the O2 Arena itself to get tickets. Previously my girlfriend was told they would go onsale at 9, i thought wow half an hour before the net but suspicious. We got there at 8:30 and there were a few people there. The security guy said he was told 12pm for sale which really confused me. Both were wrong. There was a cluster of people and O2 did really badly on this part. There were about 9 booths and nobody had a clue which ones would open. They should've put up a sign saying Coldplay tickets 9:30am Booths 7,8,9 etc. 9:30 hits and it's a complete free-for-all. One opened and everyone crammed in then a second and i saw one window flicker went i rushed but didn't open so to the back i went. We were told it was a maximum of 4 tickets, then that we needed photo ID. The communication was really bad. After that we were told no ID for 1-3 tickets then ID for 4 or more.

I am not being classist here, but the wait was horrible. It was basically all chav's. What really wasn't nice was when we were in the bundle and a lot of them started smoking. As a non-smoker it was horrid. Anyway! Most of them were touts, you could tell. My main point is, what happened i feel is that O2 allocated the less desirable seats to the agencies keeping all the best seats for it's own box office. I got 4 tickets at 10:50. I got Block A1 Row H which is the block right infront of the stage, eight rows back. I realise i am extremely lucky. I don't know what the situation is now but the best tickets were actually available from the O2 in-person box-office. Not over the phone becuase the O2 phone line is ticketmaster.

I feel geniunely sorry for those who got worse tickets or those buying off these idiots. You could tell they were angry when the news about photo ID happened. Also when i finally got mine an hour and a half later the ticket lady commented i was the first 'real fan' she'd served saying she could tell they were all touts. If this confirms anything it's in future if you can make your way to the actual box office of the 02.

Ok i think i can clear this one up:

I live in Greenwich and i decided to go down to the O2 Arena itself to get tickets. Previously my girlfriend was told they would go onsale at 9, i thought wow half an hour before the net but suspicious. We got there at 8:30 and there were a few people there. The security guy said he was told 12pm for sale which really confused me. Both were wrong. There was a cluster of people and O2 did really badly on this part. There were about 9 booths and nobody had a clue which ones would open. They should've put up a sign saying Coldplay tickets 9:30am Booths 7,8,9 etc. 9:30 hits and it's a complete free-for-all. One opened and everyone crammed in then a second and i saw one window flicker went i rushed but didn't open so to the back i went. We were told it was a maximum of 4 tickets, then that we needed photo ID. The communication was really bad. After that we were told no ID for 1-3 tickets then ID for 4 or more.

I am not being classist here, but the wait was horrible. It was basically all chav's. What really wasn't nice was when we were in the bundle and a lot of them started smoking. As a non-smoker it was horrid. Anyway! Most of them were touts, you could tell. My main point is, what happened i feel is that O2 allocated the less desirable seats to the agencies keeping all the best seats for it's own box office. I got 4 tickets at 10:50. I got Block A1 Row H which is the block right infront of the stage, eight rows back. I realise i am extremely lucky. I don't know what the situation is now but the best tickets were actually available from the O2 in-person box-office. Not over the phone becuase the O2 phone line is ticketmaster.

I feel geniunely sorry for those who got worse tickets or those buying off these idiots. You could tell they were angry when the news about photo ID happened. Also when i finally got mine an hour and a half later the ticket lady commented i was the first 'real fan' she'd served saying she could tell they were all touts. If this confirms anything it's in future if you can make your way to the actual box office of the 02.

Disgraceful. Please check out my "tour policy disapproval" thread.;)

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45741

for the 16th Dec gig, it says on my confirmation email 'Allocated : 414,Q,787'

i'm guessing thats the seat number, row and block, but i don't know what thing matches up with what? if it's row 787 i'm up on the roof O.o

I saw the seating chart when i bought my tickets. I am afraid those tickets are upper and at the back of the arena

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi dear,

do you know if there a possibility to have two tickets for the O2 14 th december?

I'm italian, I took the flight today and now i'm desperately llooking for the tickets... every row or seat would be ok!

let me know if you have some news... thank you

*crosses fingers*

Yep, ticket companies sell the tickets in batches, they keep back some tickets to put on sale at a later date

Hi dear,

do you know if there a possibility to have two tickets for the O2 14 th december?

I'm italian, I took the flight today and now i'm desperately llooking for the tickets... every row or seat would be ok!

let me know if you have some news... thank you

Current going price on ebay is ~ £100 per ticket, and that's for not-very good seats.

for the 16th Dec gig, it says on my confirmation email 'Allocated : 414,Q,787'

i'm guessing thats the seat number, row and block, but i don't know what thing matches up with what? if it's row 787 i'm up on the roof O.o

I would guess 414 is the block, Row Q, seat 787

• 1 month later...

If someone knew where I could find 2 tickets to one of the 3 London gigs I would really appreciate it! I'm flying all the way from Finland and I'm determined to see Coldplay no matter what! It would make my life so much easier if someone had a spare or two...

Tickets wanted!!!

Hi everyone,

looking DESPERATELY for tickets on the 14th and/or the 16th at the O2

(4 tickets for one day, and a pair for the other)

all websites like ticketmaster etc have tickets but i'd have to sell a kidney to get the ones i want..

Is anyone selling theirs?

Any info on where i can look to buy them at a decent price? (the cheaper the tickets, the more concerts i can go to - in other UK cities even)

I'm open to getting a single ticket too if anybody has a spare and is looking to get rid of it - i'll just go alone!! :)

pleeeeeease let me know

*fingers crossed*

:)