✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WE'VE FOUND THE BAKERY!! *NOW WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF* UPDATED FIRST POST!*

Bonus_mosher

Just met Will, he was just arriving and he said "Chris isn't in today and I don't know about the others yet". I was gonna ask him a few questions but my nerves got the better of me.

Anyone has an idea what he is doing there by himself?

well, at least it's like an "official" picture of Chris, you know, rather than if it had been a candid shot of him walking somewhere. THAT would be really weird :P

Uugh I don't even wanna think about it! :bomb::lol:

I always thought he had no drums at home, only in the studios :thinking:

me too, I think it's because he said that once in an interview? Or maybe it was an answer to an Oracle question ? :thinking:

October 3, 2012 - submitted by Pau, Argentina

Q. Hello there! :D

My question is simple as well as the answer I suppose.

After Glastonbury 2011 Will and Chris were interviewed and if I'm not wrong it was made very clear that Will doesn't own a drum set. I mean, one to practice at home (?)

Did he already buy one?

Love

Pau

PS: Besides he's a terrific drummer, a master!, I don't think he needs practicing when they have 180 shows each year uh? Top of all (his awesomeness) he's my favourite but please don't tell him what am I saying. GO TELL HIM! ;D

The Oracle replies:

Will did say that he doesn't own his own drum kit but he wasn't intending to buy one so he still doesn't have one. If he wants to play or practise etc. he can just go to the studio...

When I met Coldplay

I am @abcdefghijkANNA and I am the girl who met Coldplay with her friend on Thursday 18th July. To those saying Chris might have been creeped out by my friend's Chris t-shirt, he didn't seem it at all! He chose to sit next to us and have a long conversation with us! He was really lovely, as were the others.

The story of when I met Coldplay (sorry it's long)

We arrived at the bakery at around 11.20 on 18th July after an extremely long train journey spent worrying whether our trip would be successful or not. We stood staring at the bakery in awe for about 20 minutes, until the (lovely) security guard outside the Beehive came over and told us some of the band were there. Me and (my friend) Chloe sat on the bench opposite the bakery and tried to figure out who he meant by "some". 20 minutes after that, Phil came out of the Bakery, we called him over and he came to talk to us, shaking our hands, asking where we were from, telling us the album was coming on well. As he was leaving he said "You'll probably meet the rest of them later".

From this moment on we knew we were guaranteed to meet at least one more of the boys - Phil wouldn't leave us outside without telling the boys there were fans outside waiting to meet them! We were right, as 20 minutes later Chris walked out of the Bakery towards us. I can't even explain how it felt to see my favourite musician in the world walking towards me, the man I have looked up to for years.

He came over, asked us how we were and shook our hands. Chloe dropped her phone in the process of shaking Chris' hand, and Chris said "Shit is your phone alright?" sounding genuinely concerned. Then, (and Chloe and I couldn't believe it), he said "Let's sit down" and he sat down with us on the bench we had been previously sitting on. He chatted to us for about 5-7 minutes, asking us if we had seen them live, telling us he thought we'd like the new album, whilst signing everything we asked him to. He also kept saying thank you to us, stating that without fans like us, he wouldn't have a career.

Then he called the security guard over to take photos of Chris, Chloe and I sitting on the bench with him. Before leaving he shook our hands again, saying "I could sit here all day but I have to go". As I reached to shake his hand I dropped everything I was holding and he joked "You two can't hold on to anything can you?". He walked off and the second he disappeared into the Beehive I burst into tears, but managed to stop myself, thinking that if the others came out, I didn't want them to think me weird.

Half an hour later, Guy walked out of the Beehive alone and came towards us, signed our things and had photos. He seemed fairly shy and didn't talk to us much, but I expected as much from Guy! He was still lovely though. Chloe and I decided to wait for Jonny and Will, because surely if they weren't there, Guy, or even the security guard, would have told us not to bother waiting! THEN 30 minutes later, we saw a man poke his head of the Beehive, presumably checking whether we were still there.

We were right, as within the next minute, Jonny and Will were approaching us. They were both deep in conversation, sounding concerned that they had left something in the Beehive, but it didn't stop them from talking to us. They, like the others, shook our hands, signed our things and had photos. Chloe happened to be wearing a t-shirt with only Chris' face on in, (which she has got a bit of stick for because Chris isn't the only member of the band and some people thought it was creepy / rude etc.) but Jonny and Will seemed amused by it, commenting that Chris was "everywhere". They were even laughing to each other about it. Once we had taken the photos, they walked into the Bakery.

Chloe and I stared at each other in disbelief, it was crazy to think that we just met all 5 members of our favourite band within the space of about 2 hours when really we weren't expecting to meet any. Chloe wanted to stick around for a bit longer but I thought that made it look like we were expecting more from them, so we walked back to the train station, feeling like we were in a dream.

It's been 2 days since I met them and I still can't quite believe it. They were truly lovely, all of them, Chris especially. He didn't have to sit on the bench with us and talk to us as if he knew us, making us feel so comfortable - he could have had a few photos and walked off! The way the band behaved towards us increased my love and respect for them even more than I thought possible. I didn't just have an amazing day, it was the best day of my entire life.

BPdItG4CUAAQfvi.jpg

BPdIh-VCQAATe2L.jpg

BPdHodWCUAAsAF4.jpg

BPdHeFHCYAA84wD.jpg

BPdNKwVCAAAv7lO.jpg

link

4220a89aefa411e2800922000a9e5110_7.jpg

BPdKa4JCcAAwM9t.jpg

link

Holycrap what an amazing story!!!! Jesus I can't believe Chris. Such a nice, friendly man! Will and Jonny's comment on the t-shirt is really funny :lol: And how someone checked if you were still there before Will and Jonny went out, that's amazing!! :lol:

And this is sorta off topic and weird but I really like that you matched your Coldplay t-shirt with such a pretty skirt, that's a great outfit and you both look very pretty :cheesy:

Thank you again for sharing your story :)