✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The '42' Thread

42rock89

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually disappointed when I first heard; I had thought it would be epically epic like, say, Viva La Vida, but even bigger. That's not what I got.

After a few listens though, I love it. I think a few more listens are needed. ;)

It's obvious the reviewers of this song were totally not paying attention while it was playing and made up some bullcrap about it sounding like Rammstein and there being three parts and a full orchaestra and a huge chorus. The only thing missing from their fake review was the sounds of a marching parade combined with all the mating calls from the Philadelphia Zoo animals.

Umm has anyone else heard the talking during the song at about 1:45? Or is it just me? It sounds like Chris saying something. Its not much but I was wondering if anyone else had caught it. Haha it scared the living shit out of me when I was rocking to it on headphones... :P

Umm has anyone else heard the talking during the song at about 1:45? Or is it just me? It sounds like Chris saying something. Its not much but I was wondering if anyone else had caught it. Haha it scared the living shit out of me when I was rocking to it on headphones... :P

I heard that too!!That hella freaked me out!!I was listening to the song in my room in the dark with my eyes closed and i jumped when i heard that haha!

I heard that too!!That hella freaked me out!!I was listening to the song in my room in the dark with my eyes closed and i jumped when i heard that haha!

Haha YES!! :lol:

I was just listening to it before the Kimmel performance in the dark with my TV turned down and it scared me silly! He only says like one word, any idea what it is?

I'll be honest, 42 is probably my least favorite song on the album. I dislike the beginning and the end. Just very boring to me. but to each their own!

BORING !!!

You must be kiddin'

This is the most typical Coldplay fingerprint in this album !!!!

Parachutes is boring too.

Mmm, tell you something, Coldplay sucks :P

42 is an amazing song, it is among their best for sure.

The opening, with Chris and the piano, is superb.

Then the build up and sudden switch to the robotic 'Radiohead' type loop is SO refreshing and unpredictable. The beat is menacing.

Onto the third part of the song, again as unpredictable as mid-section, seems to be more from 'The Hardest Part' than anything else of theirs I have heard - although it seems to fit so well.

Then to finish off with Chris and the piano, the icing on the cake.

I love this song, with each listen it gets better.