✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Right. Who IS that talking at the beginning of Strawberry?! (Mystery solved)

RunForTheHills

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I listened to it again and it ain't Chris...the voice is too low.

It does sound like it could be Guy and I think he is saying it is a bit fast...

Chris could be the one counting...

i also think it´s guy´s voice saying "it was a bit fast"

you can also hear a voice in the distance before that frase, following the claps, saying "1, 2, 3, 4" and starting again.

and check minute 0:25, you can hear the same voice saying "that time" or something like that

haha it´s funny, i feel like i´m right there with them :p

talking about misterious voices, you can also hear Chris counting just when Reign of Love starts.

It was Death saying either:

"Worship Satin"

or

"Buy this album cuz I played the funny sounding instrument that you hear in this song and also a little bit in Life in Technicolor towards the end even though some people think its a different instrument its actually the same one and I would know cuz I played it and thats why they named half their album after me and my homies cuz we helped out so much with everything. Oh also, Chris and Jonny are NOT gay together, its actually Jonny and Will and its disgusting. And thats coming from me, someone who sees death everyday. God!"

Definitely the second one, that one fits the timing of the message better.:cool:

I've listened to the album with earphones last night (and played the beginning of strawberry really loud) and it's definitely "It's a bit flat" not fast... and I think it sounds like Guy but well, if Chris says it's Eno... ;)

But I actually hear 'flat'

I am still hearing "flat" and can't at all make out "fast." :\

Same here. I think when they were imitating Eno during the interview it was just an example of something he would complain about, doesn't necessarily mean that's what he said at the beginning of Strawberry Swing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Strawberry Swing"

Champion: Those are actually Brian [Eno's] handclaps at the beginning of that song, and -

Martin: If you listen very closely, you can hear him complaining about the tempo at the beginning of that song.

Champion: That's mostly what he does, complain about tempos.

Martin: [in a booming Brian Eno voice] "Oh, that's much too fast."

"Death and All His Friends" and "The Escapist"

Martin: Well, this is supposed to be the theme of the album, really. We're aware of all the bad stuff in life, you know - i.e. Death and all his friends - but that doesn't mean you should ever give in to it, you know? So we all sing that bit together really loudly, as kind of a message to ourselves: never giving up and never focusing on the bad stuff too much

• 2 weeks later...

I think it´s nice to have a little miracle , isn´t it!??

Sure that the mystery is solved?? :)

Though I think it is "it´s a bit fucked" I´m not sure.. Somehow I don´t think they would have the line"..fucked" on their album. But it´s just a word from the background so it could be "fucked".. In interviews Chris sometimes says "fucked".. so I don´t know. :thinking: But that it could be another person like Brian is a good idea!

"Strawberry Swing"

Champion: Those are actually Brian [Eno's] handclaps at the beginning of that song, and -

Martin: If you listen very closely, you can hear him complaining about the tempo at the beginning of that song.

Champion: That's mostly what he does, complain about tempos.

Martin: [in a booming Brian Eno voice] "Oh, that's much too fast."

But for me it doesn´t sound like "oh thats much too fast". Nevertheless it could be Brian or someone else as well..

All I can say is that I loved Strawberry Swing the most of the new songs.. from the beginning til now.. and that I know anything. :)

EDIT: OH I SEE THE MYSTERY HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLVED :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...