✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Right. Who IS that talking at the beginning of Strawberry?! (Mystery solved)

RunForTheHills

No offense, but why would someone think it's Chris? Guy is the only band member from Scotland.

I was confused about fucked/flat at first, but when I listen to it on my headphones, it definitely sounds like 'flat'.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was Guy saying 'thats a bit fast'.

From MTV interview:

"Strawberry Swing"

Champion: Those are actually Brian [Eno's] handclaps at the beginning of that song, and —

Martin: If you listen very closely, you can hear him complaining about the tempo at the beginning of that song.

Champion: That's mostly what he does, complain about tempos.

Martin: [In a booming Brian Eno voice] "Oh, that's much too fast."

:smug: Ooo yeah..I knew it was "fast"

^:stunned:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

ohhh my goodness, semy and i are currently in hysterics over MSN over this. i kind of never considered it being anyone besides chris or guy (but really only chris...:P)

oh goodness. our late-night spamming craziness was all for nothing, typical :dozey:

we thought jay was KIDDING in the first reply to this thread:

Brian Eno. I recognize the voice.

ohhhh goodness. i think i need to excuse myself to finish laughing.

Lol who would ever think that it was Brian Eno saying "It's a bit fast."

Thanks to Chris for pointing it out, that's about the only thing he mentions about the whole song, like he knew what's been bothering us :D

I am still hearing "flat" and can't at all make out "fast." :\

So...ALL of it is Eno's voice? The low talking at the beginning before the clapping starts AND the "It's a bit fast/flat?" Or is it Chris imitating Eno...I'm confused!!

I hate to say it, but you're totally wrong Semy.

it's Chris.

I thought it was guy for the first week or so, then I listened to it over and over and over again

just that bit.

and you can hear it's chris.

saying "it's a bit flat"

you get put off in the beginning because guy says SOMETHING at the beginning.

but it's actually chris.

positive.

50000000000000%

it's chris.

put your ear RIGHT up to the speaker.

or if through head phones, just listen to the left earphone. it's chris.

haha, well the newsflash is that the band themselves confirmed that it's eno, so i trust what they say, i guess. but even with official confirmation...to me it sounds like chris EXACTLY, i compltely agree :D. i'm still somewhat in denial that it's not chris, in all honesty...

and i still find this hysterically funny. :laugh3:

haha, well the newsflash is that the band themselves confirmed that it's eno, so i trust what they say, i guess. but even with official confirmation...to me it sounds like chris EXACTLY, i compltely agree :D. i'm still somewhat in denial that it's not chris, in all honesty...

and i still find this hysterically funny. :laugh3:

I think they said that it's Eno talking at the beginning...but then he begins counting 1,2,3,4 and starts clapping and the "It's a bit flat" happens. The reason why it sounds exactly like Chris is because it IS him...i think they were explaining that Eno's talking at the very beginning of the song, but he can't be saying "It's a bit flat," at the same time he's counting.

ill settle this once and for all.....the voice at the begining of strawberry swing is Adam Clayton from u2....he popped into the bakery studio as the tape started rolling and said 'does anyone have a footpump for my ford fiesta? ive just checked my front tyre and its a bit flat'......coldplay cut the first part of the sentence out because as we alll know, chris doesnt allow his music to be used for advertising.....mystery solved!

• 2 weeks later...
ill settle this once and for all.....the voice at the begining of strawberry swing is Adam Clayton from u2....he popped into the bakery studio as the tape started rolling and said 'does anyone have a footpump for my ford fiesta? ive just checked my front tyre and its a bit flat'......coldplay cut the first part of the sentence out because as we alll know, chris doesnt allow his music to be used for advertising.....mystery solved!

LOL

Haha...I was wondering if I was going crazy and was the only one who heard someone mumble something softly on more than one of the songs off the new album! Now I have to go check who it was...I just assumed Chris...but now i am wondering.