✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan 6N

Dude, where were you standing? Looks like you were very near to me from what I see in those pics...

My usual spot , Jonny's side:D about 2 or 3 people back, just far enough not to get my head cut off from the confetti , where were you?

sandi102

Oh Kash, such gr8 photos. You and Jay Z wearing the same specs. How cool is that??

I know, good to see my trends catching on so quickly:P

Jo Whiley was just talking about the gig last night. Said it was excellent etc. But she also said that it's repeated on BBC 2 tomorrow at 12.20am, interview included. She also said iplayer will have the gig up later today and that she will try and get some interview blurbs up on her blog too :D

She mentioned Jay-Z saying he was very nice and wise and has an amazing laugh :P

Jo Whiley was just talking about the gig last night. Said it was excellent etc. But she also said that it's repeated on BBC 2 tomorrow at 12.20am, interview included. She also said iplayer will have the gig up later today and that she will try and get some interview blurbs up on her blog too :D

She mentioned Jay-Z saying he was very nice and wise and has an amazing laugh :P

Great, thanks Mimi!

Been watching on Youtube and brings back many memories, but I can't find part 3 and the torrent's still got ten minutes left. Zut alors!

Yeh im listenin to radio 1 also. She also said that Jay-Z talks really quiet

Yesterday was just the best experience of my life EVER!!

Me an my three m8s wer the ones in shirts an white ties, me with my bright pink shirt on LOL

Apologies to anyone hu thort we wer over enthusiastic or "knobheadish" but tbh we really dont care! u cant waste opportunities like that, an i can pretty safely say we made the most of it!!

I cant beleive how lucky we wer!!! first there, front, middle, chris complimenting us on our ties!!

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

As a journo, my job is to look at stories from both angles, so i'm going to do the same with your post.

I think its great people get enthusiastic about gigs. It helps to improve the atmosphere and the whole point of being there is to enjoy yourself. I can never quite understand why people stand at gigs completely still and motionless - its as if they dont want to be there.

Now from the other side, being enthusiastic is great, but not caring about the people around you is not. This is going to come across badly, however its nothing personal, but its people like yourself that jump around and dont care about the people arounf that i dont go and stand at the front. Just because i dont jump about like an enthusiastic teenager, does not mean i am no loving the experience and enjoying myself. I sing, and bop along, but i dont jump about into people.

Listen, as long you enjoy yourself and be considerate to the people around you, then you're doing nothing wrong. However, if you are knocking into people and ruining the experience for others, then you're just as bad as those who stand there like statues.

As a journo, my job is to look at stories from both angles, so i'm going to do the same with your post.

I think its great people get enthusiastic about gigs. It helps to improve the atmosphere and the whole point of being there is to enjoy yourself. I can never quite understand why people stand at gigs completely still and motionless - its as if they dont want to be there.

Now from the other side, being enthusiastic is great, but not caring about the people around you is not. This is going to come across badly, however its nothing personal, but its people like yourself that jump around and dont care about the people arounf that i dont go and stand at the front. Just because i dont jump about like an enthusiastic teenager, does not mean i am no loving the experience and enjoying myself. I sing, and bop along, but i dont jump about into people.

Listen, as long you enjoy yourself and be considerate to the people around you, then you're doing nothing wrong. However, if you are knocking into people and ruining the experience for others, then you're just as bad as those who stand there like statues.

ok fair point, but we wernt bangin into people. i think the guy hu sed we wer knobheadish was talkin about us in the queue cos we wer just unbeleivably excitied! if not... oh well to late now!

Aargh - Vista won't play the video in WMP, it just comes through as audio :(

I agree Ron, consideration is key. I'm 6'2 and love to leap around and throw my arms in the air, so I'm always very conscious of those behind me. I try to find a spot where I'm not blocking anyone's view (which is usually nigh on impossible) and that was one reason I went to the back last night. The other alternative for me is to lean forward while throwing myself around which sometimes leads to a very sore back a la Monday night.

its nothing personal... i think i just wanted to use the word knobheadish...however i just find it strange when people get so excited about just seeing someone like walking down the street (i.e chris yesterday). I dont get the excitement cause i think chris is brilliant at playing music and i love watching him play, but when hes just hanging around he could just be anyone else. Its wierd i think thats all, ricky gervais for example looked pretty pissed off that loads of people were looking at him...whilst coldplay were playing a gig! I dont like the whole celebrity thing, cause i like nothing more than seeing coldplay play live or say watching Kevin pieterson play cricket...but when they are just hanging around its hardly amazing is it? just leave them alone i think, im sure it must be flattering, must it must get irratating after a while for them.

....the gig was stunning tho, but im quite annoyed that i got a load of texts from friends saying they saw me on tv, cause i trying to avoid it, im not looking forward to seeing myself in high defintion!

its nothing personal... i think i just wanted to use the word knobheadish...however i just find it strange when people get so excited about just seeing someone like walking down the street (i.e chris yesterday). I dont get the excitement cause i think chris is brilliant at playing music and i love watching him play, but when hes just hanging around he could just be anyone else. Its wierd i think thats all, ricky gervais for example looked pretty pissed off that loads of people were looking at him...whilst coldplay were playing a gig! I dont like the whole celebrity thing, cause i like nothing more than seeing coldplay play live or say watching Kevin pieterson play cricket...but when they are just hanging around its hardly amazing is it? just leave them alone i think, im sure it must be flattering, must it must get irratating after a while for them.

I completely agree. I had a guy like that next to me at the Duffy gig last week.

He was extending his arms so much I'm amazed they didn't part company with the best of his body!!:dozey:

I dread to think what would have happened if he'd been like "Rubber Man" from The Fantastic Four!!:stunned:

haha possibly...i think he was just putting on abit of a show for the tv, cause yeh it did look a little strange in real life all his dancing and that (although i do think his dancing was brilliant) but on tv it came across really well, made them look like they were really into it.

Naturally high, as usual.;)

:laugh3:

haha possibly...i think he was just putting on abit of a show for the tv, cause yeh it did look a little strange in real life all his dancing and that (although i do think his dancing was brilliant) but on tv it came across really well, made them look like they were really into it.

hmm im not so sure, yh i know he puts on a great show with all the dancing and that like he always does but his eyes looked like really wide at some points of lastnight. I watched it back on tv as i recorded it and didnt really notice on there but in life it looked like he was on sumit. I could be wrong though

was duffy good mc_squared? i dont know much of her stuff, but i hear shes pretty good? Worth seeing her at glastonbury next week?

She is fabulous. She has amazing stage-presence, an incredible voice, and she has the potential to be massive.

The other great thing about her is that (unlike Shamy Linehouse) she is very feminine.:cool:

Some of her tunes are pretty funky, too!:D

I'm sure she'll knock everyone dead at Glasto!!