✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

She is fabulous. She has amazing stage-presence, an incredible voice, and she has the potential to be massive.

The other great thing about her is that (unlike Shamy Linehouse) she is very feminine.:cool:

Some of her tunes are pretty funky, too!:D

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have Duffy's album, and some of the tracks are excellent. Not sure how good live she would be, but i'd certainly say go and invest in her CD.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have Duffy's album, and some of the tracks are excellent. Not sure how good live she would be, but i'd certainly say go and invest in her CD.

I would say she is actually far better live than on CD, as it's only then that her powerful voice can be truly appreciated.

I love her Welsh accent, too.;)

I was at the BBC last night. I was 5 back from where the piano was rolled out. I thought the audience was generally excellent. Totally up for it and totally into it. One of the best audience experiences for a long time.

I saw the lads walking around with their ties and saw them down the front. We weren't right next to them so can't comment on them, but EVERYONE around there was jumping and dancing and singing.

I don't mind people enjoy themselves at gigs like the lads.

My annoyance is with people who TALK through out a concert. I don't mean people who lean over to their mate and make a relevant comment during a show. I mean people who have long conversations about where they sat the last time they saw the band etc etc . And keep talking through the whole show...normally only stopping BETWEEN the songs!!!!. Do these people not understand that to be heard above the music they are shouting at the top of their voices!?!

Whenever I have asked people if they could possibly stop talking as all I can hear is them shout and I paid to hear the band not them shout...I always get the same reply..."It's a rock concert".. As if that make such rude anti-social behaviour acceptable.

Luckily nothing like that happened last night (at least round by us). Thank you coldplay fans for helping make a great night even better.

Rant over.

After coldplay we had tickets for Yazoo at Hammersmith (already booked)

Row b. Behind us was a group of Spanish fans. They talked very loudly to each other before the show. And during the show.....sang and danced their hearts out....Lovely.

A wonderful double header.

As a journo, my job is to look at stories from both angles, so i'm going to do the same with your post.

I think its great people get enthusiastic about gigs. It helps to improve the atmosphere and the whole point of being there is to enjoy yourself. I can never quite understand why people stand at gigs completely still and motionless - its as if they dont want to be there.

Now from the other side, being enthusiastic is great, but not caring about the people around you is not. This is going to come across badly, however its nothing personal, but its people like yourself that jump around and dont care about the people arounf that i dont go and stand at the front. Just because i dont jump about like an enthusiastic teenager, does not mean i am no loving the experience and enjoying myself. I sing, and bop along, but i dont jump about into people.

Listen, as long you enjoy yourself and be considerate to the people around you, then you're doing nothing wrong. However, if you are knocking into people and ruining the experience for others, then you're just as bad as those who stand there like statues.

Know where you're coming from, chappers...I was fighting the urge of strangling this couple when I went to see Bob Dylan the other day. They just wouldn't shut up! Unbelievable.

Glad you were still able to enjoy the concert, though.

Coldplay were rather ace last night I have to say. Got in the queue about 2pm, met some nice lads, 2 Steves' from Brum and a guy from Chicago and mate, completely forgotten their names! Got to watch the soundcheck which was cool, Chris kept saying they felt under pressure with so many watching :D They did a new edit of Clocks, the piano was a bit different, not sure if they did it in the actual gig. Got a wave off Jimmy Carr too as he walked past :LOL:

Got inside just after 5pm and went straight for the right side as we'd seen them go over to the little stage on that side in the soundcheck. Got on the barrier at the far side (and small stage) too which is always nice.

Really enjoyed the gig, yeah it could have been longer, but it was free so can't complain! Thought Chris's voice wasn't too bad apart from a couple of times, thought they all seemed quite up for it.

Yellow on the 2nd stage was amazing, I was literally right in front of them on the barrier, they were in touching distance! It felt like they were playing just to us at the front, we didn't need the speakers to hear them, could hear them just fine as they were so close!

Here's some of my many pics:

2592507518_f0ba2d840c.jpg

2592510774_2d50a0530b.jpg

2591674495_9e314133c9.jpg

2591674961_b0b7da9607.jpg

2591675999_d4f7373d9a.jpg

2592516656_8a8409a6d3.jpg

2592515898_8f7d27d89a.jpg

2591677297_bf7b6a8a50.jpg

The rest are here Coldplay at the BBC 18/6/08 (posted the link earlier too ;))

Its looks so different on tv dont you think? its filmed really well i think tho, having a helecopter is amazing...although not exactly in line with their enviromental views lol. Where were you in the crowd emz?

its keeps on posting my posts twice...and i dont know how to delete them, so i keep on having to come up with other things to write in the extra one....and this time i have nothing else to say.

its keeps on posting my posts twice...and i dont know how to delete them, so i keep on having to come up with other things to write in the extra one....and this time i have nothing else to say.

Those photos look very professional! What kind of camera do you have?:stunned:

I was at the BBC last night. I was 5 back from where the piano was rolled out. I thought the audience was generally excellent. Totally up for it and totally into it. One of the best audience experiences for a long time.

I saw the lads walking around with their ties and saw them down the front. We weren't right next to them so can't comment on them, but EVERYONE around there was jumping and dancing and singing.

I don't mind people enjoy themselves at gigs like the lads.

My annoyance is with people who TALK through out a concert. I don't mean people who lean over to their mate and make a relevant comment during a show. I mean people who have long conversations about where they sat the last time they saw the band etc etc . And keep talking through the whole show...normally only stopping BETWEEN the songs!!!!. Do these people not understand that to be heard above the music they are shouting at the top of their voices!?!

Whenever I have asked people if they could possibly stop talking as all I can hear is them shout and I paid to hear the band not them shout...I always get the same reply..."It's a rock concert".. As if that make such rude anti-social behaviour acceptable.

Luckily nothing like that happened last night (at least round by us). Thank you coldplay fans for helping make a great night even better.

Rant over.

After coldplay we had tickets for Yazoo at Hammersmith (already booked)

Row b. Behind us was a group of Spanish fans. They talked very loudly to each other before the show. And during the show.....sang and danced their hearts out....Lovely.

A wonderful double header.

Oh 2 men in front of me were going to that

Its looks so different on tv dont you think? its filmed really well i think tho, having a helecopter is amazing...although not exactly in line with their enviromental views lol. Where were you in the crowd emz?

I was about 5 people back just to the left of Guy. When they went on the other stage to perform Yellow, I moved as there was this huge gap and then there were 3 ppl in front :)

Yh I having that also...

Coldplay were rather ace last night I have to say. Got in the queue about 2pm, met some nice lads, 2 Steves' from Brum and a guy from Chicago and mate, completely forgotten their names! Got to watch the soundcheck which was cool, Chris kept saying they felt under pressure with so many watching :D They did a new edit of Clocks, the piano was a bit different, not sure if they did it in the actual gig. Got a wave off Jimmy Carr too as he walked past :LOL:

Got inside just after 5pm and went straight for the right side as we'd seen them go over to the little stage on that side in the soundcheck. Got on the barrier at the far side (and small stage) too which is always nice.

Really enjoyed the gig, yeah it could have been longer, but it was free so can't complain! Thought Chris's voice wasn't too bad apart from a couple of times, thought they all seemed quite up for it.

Yellow on the 2nd stage was amazing, I was literally right in front of them on the barrier, they were in touching distance! It felt like they were playing just to us at the front, we didn't need the speakers to hear them, could hear them just fine as they were so close!

Here's some of my many pics:

2592507518_f0ba2d840c.jpg

2592510774_2d50a0530b.jpg

2591674495_9e314133c9.jpg

2591674961_b0b7da9607.jpg

2591675999_d4f7373d9a.jpg

2592516656_8a8409a6d3.jpg

2592515898_8f7d27d89a.jpg

2591677297_bf7b6a8a50.jpg

The rest are here Coldplay at the BBC 18/6/08 (posted the link earlier too ;))

So it finally let ya post :laugh3: 2 forums at the same time is confusing me haha

i was also to the left of guy...guy looked very cool i thought. Me and my friends like induldge in our homosexual side often and we argue about who is better looking chris or guy? I always argue very strongely in favour of chris...but i seem to be in the minority?

i was also to the left of guy...guy looked very cool i thought. Me and my friends like induldge in our homosexual side often and we argue about who is better looking chris or guy? I always argue very strongely in favour of chris...but i seem to be in the minority?

Oh awesome! You were near me then! I was wearing my muse top :D I'm so small all the hands were in my way so i had keep jumping up and down lmao

I must have been really near all you guys... me and my friend had V I V A written on the palm of our hands, and it was my friend who awkwardly had to go to the loo while we were waiting and some guys very kindly saved her space while she went :)

I must have been really near all you guys... me and my friend had V I V A written on the palm of our hands, and it was my friend who awkwardly had to go to the loo while we were waiting and some guys very kindly saved her space while she went :)

So you could say she was lucky she didn't loose her place!!:P

Those photos look very professional! What kind of camera do you have?:stunned:

Did you mean me, cos I'd just posted a load?! It's a Sony DSC-H10, a rather large point and shoot, but I'm loving it! 1st time I used it :D

I was about 5 people back just to the left of Guy. When they went on the other stage to perform Yellow, I moved as there was this huge gap and then there were 3 ppl in front :)

Yh I having that also...

So it finally let ya post :laugh3: 2 forums at the same time is confusing me haha

Yeah I was lazy and posted the same thing twice!

I was stood next to you!!!!