✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i at the front of the line next to them all day...they were too over excited and abit knobheadish...i.e mostly very irratating

So where exactly were you in relation to them, and what were you wearing?

(Yes, they did seem to be a bit "out of it"!!):P

erm i was at the front to the right (their right) of them, wearing a light pink t-shirt with a open blue shirt over the top, with a black boston red sox baseball hat. We actually watched coldplay do the set twice cause they did the whole thing basically mixed up in rehersal so that was kinda cool. i got there at half ten tho in the morning so it was a long day...but worth it!

Was anyone near those four guys in ties right at the front? They were cool! Kept getting shown on TV and started a Coldplay chant :D

They were actually awesome :) We were talking to them on the train and they had come all the way from Staffordshire and had got there at half 11. They deserved to be on TV so much because they were obviously so passionate about it :)

They were actually awesome :) We were talking to them on the train and they had come all the way from Staffordshire and had got there at half 11. They deserved to be on TV so much because they were obviously so passionate about it :)

In which case they should be on here!!:rolleyes:

that was just the most perfect day! met so many lovely people, the audience were fantastic, really G'd Up and its crazy how the band have improved so much in just 2 days.....I'm slightly light headed:lol: by the experience, so will have photos up in a short while:D

In which case they should be on here!!:rolleyes:

Mmm I guess so. But you know, I've been a fan for ages and I've always been scared to come on here! Maybe it's just not their thing.

*shrugs*

Whatever, that was the MOST AMAZING day EVER! :)

Indeed I did!

I got there about 2.30pm, and quite a queue already....got numbered stickers on our tickets...I was no. 93 in the queue :)

Then, going inside, it was like a mini festival stage. Highlights included shy Jonny being hauled to the front by Chris, heh....Chris' wacky faces and falling on his side at the end of one song....seeing a very pastey and white Ricky Gervais hahahaha....

Lovers in Japan and the confetti guns just finish the show sooo nicely.

I didn't take my camera cos I thought they werent allowed...then I turned around and saw a guy with a canon SLR. I could have taken mine!!! :bigcry:

oh well!

I LOVED IT! :dance:

Trouble and Lovers in Japan ftw :D

Indeed I did!

I got there about 2.30pm, and quite a queue already....got numbered stickers on our tickets...I was no. 93 in the queue :)

Then, going inside, it was like a mini festival stage. Highlights included shy Jonny being hauled to the front by Chris, heh....Chris' wacky faces and falling on his side at the end of one song....seeing a very pastey and white Ricky Gervais hahahaha....

Lovers in Japan and the confetti guns just finish the show sooo nicely.

I didn't take my camera cos I thought they werent allowed...then I turned around and saw a guy with a canon SLR. I could have taken mine!!! :bigcry:

oh well!

I LOVED IT! :dance:

Trouble and Lovers in Japan ftw :D

Twice in three days, you lucky duck :nice:

I loved this bit too :D There's lots of lovely closeups of Jonny on the broadcast too, so you have that to look forward to when you watch it back :D

have fun? :D

A short gig, thought they'd play one or two extras off camera, but they've had a very tiring few days so fair enough (so have I!)

I was still very tired and achy from my typical dancing spectacular :wink3: on Monday, and the set was taken from the same songs (no Politik STILL?!) so I just chilled at the back and took it all in (until LiJ when I couldn't stop meself :D)

First off I hooked up with Kash (the guy I gave a ticket to on Monday) and guess who he met right there in the line? Coldplaying's very own Kara (duckette)! Well that was not a bad omen at all for the entire evening, and things pretty much carried on perfectly from there. Stephie showed up all the way from Poole and was just as lovely as the rest of us hehe, Lucas and Kala (really sorry if I spelled that wrong) and two friends joined our little soiree next, and it briefly became a firendly competition of who had seen the band the most times (I think quite a few of us tied with six each!)

The soundcheck through the gates was so close by, you could hear it perfectly even if you didn't wander over to look, but me and my little sis (first timer :)) did just that and hooked up (via a quick refresher at the pub!) with another delightful member from here, Sandi, who had come all the way from Brum just to have a look and say hi. I'd missed her except for a brief hello on Monday, so it meant an awful lot to have a chat. She rocks.

Right, onto the gig! We all got in early and were two or three back from the front. I stayed with the group until 6:15 when I heard a call to arms from the toilet. I went to the toilet, still I heard something calling me....? Aha, it was the BBC bar after all (bless you BBC bar!!)

Back down the steps to the tiny stage, and I took up my position right at the back, and my exhausted face away from the cameras :) The MC (reminded me a lot of Bill Bailey) did the usual Radio 1 stuff of getting everyone jumping in time etc. I did my usual trick of looking glum and inactive so they wouldn't pick me as someone to close-up on (it worked too - only the back of my head came into shot apparently :D)

The band were on and a much better, tighter musical start than Monday I thought, they are learning this quick. It was lovely to see them all perform so close, and Guy seemed much more involved which I was happy about. Chris' voice was much better than Monday, he hit a lot more notes, and there were some good exchanges with all the BBC staff on the various terraces, the people outside the gates (not too many there at all and I think almost everyone, if not everyone, witth a ticket got in) and most hilariously the builders on the site well over the road who were very amused and gave a hearty wave.

The sound really was loud and good, impressive. And the rain held off thank goodness. The set? LiT's a spine-tingling opener. Violet Hill absolute rocks live, but such a short song alas that blink twice and it's over. Lost sounded better again live than on the album, slightly less cluttered, but still too much. Perhaps the acoustic's ruined the full version for me forever? I guess they like to play it because the whole band's involved and doing something different (except Chris)? Guy on drums etc - for me the set-up's far more refreshing than the actual song.

42 was relatively error-free this time - Chris only messed up the start! - and for me a great live track already. Trouble played again, I hope they'll at least alternate that with Don't Panic on the main tour (and Shiver too much to ask?), but the helicopters bit was fun, the Chris we know and love (and sometimes tear our hair out too lol).

Yellow acoustic again seemed popular (and I absolutely loved it!) Will is a great guitar player it must be said, very steady. By this point the crowd seemed a bit more interested in the celebs around and about than the band, which was a real shame. 'Oh look there's Jo Whiley'??? 'OH LOOK THERE'S COLDPLAY PLAYING TO SIX HUNDRED PEOPLE AND THREE METERS IN FRONT OF YOU'!!! (I wanted to shout hehe)

Again, lovely that Fix You wasn't the end (though I miss the light). Lovers in Japan is a special song for me and to see it twice in three days as the closer was something else. It finally got my aching limbs and brain-starved sleep into the Perfect Motion that Sunscreem made famous all those years ago. Chris introduced it as saying 'let's see which way the wind's blowing' and it turned out it was blowing towards TV Centre, with the entire front garden area and many of the onlookers enjoying our shower of butterflies :)

All was over, everyone happy. It was a mixed crowd again, and I'm sure that many of the best folk were from here, so many of us managed to get tickets somehow! I'd chilled (by my standards!) at the back, but after the exertion and sheer emotion of Brixton I didn't have much more to give. The brain wasn't willing, and the body wasn't either, but the whole thing was magical.

The icing on the cake was meeting Ron Burgandy at the end, and finally saying hello to and shaking the hand of a chap who's been my partner trying to get tickets for these last few weeks on here. Perfect.

With one newly-impressed younger sister, and new friends and old (Kara and Kash the latter, having met them at Brixton a long two days ago!!) we set off for a drink in Shepherd's Bush, and toasted to everything that life has to offer.

Thank you so much to everyone I shared tonight with, directly or indirectly, to the incredible band, and to Coldplaying.com for helping to make these incredible last three days of my life possible.

And sorry for the long post lol :D

Great review Pete, you couldn't have said it better. :D

Me and Stephie just wanted to say that we saw you and we beat you up the escalator to Victoria... haha! :p

Well done Beth :sneaky: hahaha!

Wow, you girls have lightning quick feet (and not flip-flops like my sister!! haha)

You should have sung 'Osaka sun' at me and I would have done a little impromptu dance and embarrassed myself in front of all the suits :D

So glad you got home speedily, safe and sound Kara :)

Steph texted she's almost home - rocket propelled return transport from Poole to London for £9 - amazing!!