✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those inquiring minds ...

They [Coldplay] will be REHEARSING at 7am ...

So as we are walking in around 6:30 am ...

There is a likelihood that you will see what goes down during a Coldplay rehearsal ...

Then ...

At around I'd say 8:00 they will come on stage again to do one more "Dry-Run" before the actual live recording of the performances at 8:30 am ...

NBC "Today" show host's will announce the official performance at 8:30am

The band will perform 1 out of 3 songs ...

Then there will be a commercial break ...

Then after they will perform another song ...

Followed by a brief interview from Matt Laurer ...

A last song for the audience and there's your show ...

Have a Good Morning !!!

It will feel very surreal for some fans,

For others, they might begin to get a little uneasy, standing for so long LOL.

Oh yes the ever-so-accurate (minus Matt Laurer* LOL), I am

I have loads of pics and video footage to be up soon !!!

ALSO !!! ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPLOADING SHOULD TRY USING VIMEO. WAY BETTER QUALITY THAN YOUTUBE. WILL NOT COMPROMISE YOUR VIDEO QUALITY AT ALL !!!

oh. my. GODDDDDDD. :dead:

i was slightly farther back than i would have liked, so i couldn't show my sign and occasionally just saw heads, but ohhhh maaannn, that was soo fabulous. besides the fact that they only played...6 different songs (but each at LEAST twice besides yellow and 42...they played clocks FOUR times :dance:) and that there was a lot of starting and stopping because it was live...it WAS a concert, and an incredibly intimate one at that for all of us up front!

this is going to be fragmented and incoherent BTW, but here i try anyway...

i got to the check in place at 6AM, which was fine, but i WISH i got there an hour earlier so i could have been RIGHT at the front. turns out all i had to do was beg a little and i got an extra VIP pass for my mom! so all three of us got good places, because there were probably 5000+ people there, 90% of which never got a glimpse of the boys :sad:. i was about 5 people back from the front of the VIP section, which is HELLA good, but being short it was a bit trying at times, and i couldnt show my sign because it was huge :P. either way, i got semi-decent photos, my brother got some absolutely KILLER photos for being where we were because he's tall, and my videos, while shaky, have their good moments and the sound quality is FABULOUS for a digital camera, so at the very least i got pretty decent audio of EVERY song they played...which is 13!!!!! :stunned:

(ok, most of those are repeated songs, from warmup, prerecord, and live, but still...LOTS of stage time!)

chris was hilarious, really really hyper and in a great mood. he talked to us a lot, and even dragged a little boy up on stage and let him meet the entire band becuase he had a broken arm! then someone threw a bra and panties on stage, and he was like "OOOOH, lost my bra there!" :laugh4:. all the funny bits like that will come back to me the more i think about it, but mostly he was just changing words to songs, forgetting words to songs, adding extra syllables to the lyrics, and making FABULOUS faces and dance moves. he stuck his tongue out at the paps, which i'm sure you've all seen by now, and did a lot of crazy-eyed :wideeyes: looks. ahh it was fabulous, and musically, i think they were at the top of their game so far besides the fact that chris mucked up the words quite often. other than that, his voice and the band were AMAZING. just amazing.

i'll think up more later, but right now i really want to solve my photo crisis here. yall need to seeeeee!

ditto

on what others have said...i loved it so much and thought they sounded great and seemed to just roll with it and very interactive.

I posted my photos in the other thread but i was about in the two people back and somehow managed to get up front after the soundcheck but there were still people taller than me in front of the barriers which was annoying but oh well.

i thought they really sounded good and seemed really happy. in case anyone didnt see the photos in the other thread here they are:

http://www.sosauce.com/album/2025

I'm going to have to frame my photos and everything after I settle into my new place at the end of the month. Thank you to everyone who made this so worth it by singing, smiling, and just making the experience one that I'll remember where it's truly fans who are there.

facebook won't FUCKING work for me for some reason, so i might compress the folder and put them ALL on imageshack.

however, my brother's best ones are trickling in!!!

n532195659_1400718_4025.jpg

AHHH i love this one. OMG.

n532195659_1400719_4961.jpg

during the rehearsal before they changed into VLV garb.

n532195659_1400720_5839.jpg

*dies*

n532195659_1400721_6744.jpg

n532195659_1400722_7656.jpg

my brother loves guy the most...and we had the best view of him out of all of them

slowly but surely, i'm getting mine up on facebook 5 at a time. they're not fabulous, my brother's were better because he's tall, but we'll get there :D.

as for videos...i might compress THAT folder and sendspace the whole thing after i'm done with photos, and people can DL at their leisure. i'll try to youtube one to see how long it takes, but i just don't have the time to put ALL 13 up there today...i leave to go to a pearl jam concert in a few hours, and tomorrow i fly to london and amsterdam!

What a fantasticccc morning! I am still in awe, because who knows if I'll ever be that close them again? Thanks again Christa (times a MILLION) for inviting me along!

As soon as I get the pictures posted I will put up a link or something... I got some pretty good ones.

i found it really cute that during the very first part of the soundcheck, chris was wearing a coldplay tour tshirt :lauhg4:. then he changed into a grey one with pink writing and a pink skull, and then later they all changed into the VLV garb :D

here's my first photo album! these are all MY photos...the upcoming ones are a bit better because my tall brother took them :P

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2002551&l=15225&id=1083570023

i found it really cute that during the very first part of the soundcheck, chris was wearing a coldplay tour tshirt :laugh4:. then he changed into a grey one with pink writing and a pink skull, and then later they all changed into the VLV garb :D

here's my first photo album! these are all MY photos...the upcoming ones are a bit better because my tall brother took them :P

i found it really cute that during the very first part of the soundcheck, chris was wearing a coldplay tour tshirt :laugh4:. then he changed into a grey one with pink writing and a pink skull, and then later they all changed into the VLV garb :D

:D

Nice picture of Will's chest there :P