✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

Here's the best pictures! I have 100, so I'll hardly put them ALL up, but I'm sharing the best!

First off, a link to my video of the acoustic version of Yellow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDEWC6-HeaI

n1475340071_30063182_873.jpg

Will thinking what to have for dinner tonight.

n1475340071_30063192_3995.jpg

n1475340071_30063197_5644.jpg

n1475340071_30063215_1843.jpg

n1475340071_30063220_3572.jpg

n1475340071_30063226_5746.jpg

n1475340071_30063231_7523.jpg

n1475340071_30063242_3329.jpg

n1475340071_30063248_5198.jpg

n1475340071_30063251_6155.jpg

n1475340071_30063253_6767.jpg

n1475340071_30063264_413.jpg

n1475340071_30063267_1405.jpg

n1475340071_30063271_3010.jpg

Finally, as promised, the funniest Chris photo of all time?

n1475340071_30063260_9091.jpg

ALL PHOTOS THANKS TO IAN. Because without those VIP passes, I wouldn't have had the time of my life!!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the best pictures! I have 100, so I'll hardly put them ALL up, but I'm sharing the best! I'll edit with the video links after Youtube stops taking forever.

n1475340071_30063182_873.jpg

Will thinking what to have for dinner tonight.

n1475340071_30063192_3995.jpg

n1475340071_30063197_5644.jpg

n1475340071_30063215_1843.jpg

n1475340071_30063220_3572.jpg

n1475340071_30063226_5746.jpg

n1475340071_30063231_7523.jpg

n1475340071_30063242_3329.jpg

n1475340071_30063248_5198.jpg

n1475340071_30063251_6155.jpg

n1475340071_30063253_6767.jpg

n1475340071_30063264_413.jpg

n1475340071_30063267_1405.jpg

n1475340071_30063271_3010.jpg

Finally, as promised, the funniest Chris photo of all time?

n1475340071_30063260_9091.jpg

ALL PHOTOS THANKS TO IAN. Because without those VIP passes, I wouldn't have had the time of my life!!

OH MY GODDDD, you got AMAZING photos!!! :stunned:

if i'd just gotten there like 45 mins earlier...ah well. i have NOO right to complain whatsoever :P

and i think that's my new favorite chris pic, that last one :laugh3:

i have a full video of every song they did, but i dont think youtube is happening today. i'll try my hardest to make a compressed file and upload that, but it's going to be HUGE...the folder is over 1 GB on my hard drive! :D

well, i guess THIRTEEN PERFORMANCES does that to you! i was STUNNED...i was thinking 5 songs max :P

haha, those paps were JERKS! they just kept screaming and fighting amongst themselves...ridiculous. i loved chris's line about them, and i love how during some song (can't remember which), he stuck his tongue out at them for a SPLIT second, yet they still got it on film. loves it! :laugh4:

anyone else's back/legs/knees/arms killing them? i feel like i've been beaten up, standing that long and tip-toeing to avoid my shortness :P

those photos rock. i love the yellow one where you got all of them. as well as the one with jonny chris and guy. how close were you?

I was about...third or fourth row maybe. Kind of fluctuating as people moved around. But being 6'1", I was able to grab some good shots!

And here's the video of the acoustic Yellow! Bad quality because I wanted to save room for pics, but it does the job!

hmm, i'm pretty sure she was right in the front! on jonny's side of the stage? i'm not sure since i wasnt there, but when i found them all later they were in that area :D

oh MAN, i just watched the first performance of IMP that i took, and the part where he brings the kid up onstage is just PERFECT. he's like "everyone, this is lucas. his brother broke his arm with a lacrosse stick. come meet our drummer will."

HOW JEALOUS I WAS!!

and its funny, because chris is supposed to be singing the last line of IMP, but he just looks down and says "what happened to your arm, man?" in this really concerned way. sooo cute.

AHH i want everyone to see and hear my videos, because they're actually somewhat decent besides the shaking...:sad:

hmm, i'm pretty sure she was right in the front! on jonny's side of the stage? i'm not sure since i wasnt there, but when i found them all later they were in that area :D

oh MAN, i just watched the first performance of IMP that i took, and the part where he brings the kid up onstage is just PERFECT. he's like "everyone, this is lucas. his brother broke his arm with a lacrosse stick. come meet our drummer will."

HOW JEALOUS I WAS!!

and its funny, because chris is supposed to be singing the last line of IMP, but he just looks down and says "what happened to your arm, man?" in this really concerned way. sooo cute.

AHH i want everyone to see and hear my videos, because they're actually somewhat decent besides the shaking...:sad:

Upload! Upload! Please

Upload! Upload! Please

i have several long reasons why i can't :sad:

mostly because i'm leaving the house until 2AM my time in about 15 minutes, because i'm leaving the country for a month tomorrow, and i have 17 videos and it would take about three years to upload them all.

however, right now i'm compressing the folder, and hopefully it'll be done compressing soon, and then i'll upload the folder to sendspace overnight so people can just download everything i took :P. no promises though :\

Okay thank you :nice:

I think I was watching the crowd more than the performances for signs or(e) people I'd recognise :P

Wow!!! :stunned:

Really nice pics!Thank you! :nice: You all semed to be pretty near to the stage!

Random question...Were the guys wearing their normal chothes just during the sound check?

Never saw them changing outfits during a concert...

Wow!!! :stunned:

Really nice pics!Thank you! :nice: You all semed to be pretty near to the stage!

Random question...Were the guys wearing their normal chothes just during the sound check?

Never saw them changing outfits during a concert...

Yup, During the Sound-Check they weren't in there "Viva" costumes ... LOL

Be sure to check out the footage on my page !!! ... (youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ernestime

LOL, *So shameless*

the second after they brought that kid on stage i turned to my sister and asked her if she had a lacrosse stick to break my arm with. i watched the show on tv when i got home, it turned out it was the today show's producer's son

Haha...that's hilarious! Someone next to me said, "Next time I'm going to come with a broken leg!"

The show was absolutely amazing...they were pitch perfect. Even when Chris messed up, it sounded good. I can't thank you enough, Ian and Jen! You guys are marvelous!

I'm glad that I've met some of the other coldplayers, but there were more people in the VIP than i expected so i didn't meet all.

To others who said the crowd seemed lame....i guess when they air the show, they sort of mute out the noise from the crowd. Believe me, I would say about 90% of the people were real coldplay fans. they knew the lyrics to Lost! and 42, when each of the guys came out, people shouted their names (I'm not too positive about Guy, though). About 10% of the people were family members and friends of NBC employees.

I will upload photos and videos as soon as I learn how to. I am a newbie at this...please be patient, guys!

Hi, awesome pictures to come. SwallowedInSea (Sarah) and I got there at 6 and were herded into the VIP pit. We were 3 people deep and that was great but there were these humungous male non coldplay addicts who did not dance sing or move and blocked our vision hence the poor pictures and vidoes. What the hell were these people doing in our section, the dedicatied hard corers? Sarah is so tiny she scooted up closer and she has better pics. The boys came out around 7 for the sound check and were in a good mood and very calm. we were so close we could see Jonny's beautiful eyes. Guy had his famous camera and took a few shots of the crowd. they started off with clocks and i was dancing like the coldplay freak i am while the zombie non fans just stood there and got in my way. chris took and little boy with a broken arm up on stage and then there were the bras and panties that the girls next to me threw, but that was later.My pics are not that good from all the jumping around i did. I kept screaming "give me some shiver" but to no avail. the songs were amazing and was so pysched they sang 42, brilliant. Jonny and Chris jammed their guitars. Lost was fucking awesome. loved the beat and Chris's dancing. he really let go and got down. yellow was a nice acustic and the crowd went crazy for VLV. In my place was a great sing along. someone has allready posted the set list. some poor girl fainted next to me because, dang it was hot. chris was workin it cause he was a sweatin. it was totally amazing and i will probably think of other impo points but my brain is still not comprehending how close we were. Ian, I have no idea how to thank you for letting me see the boys in the city that you know means so much to me. I am still shaking . the videos from the today show are great and everyone should check them out. stay tuned for pics and vids

Well that was amazing. I came home and went right to sleep though because I've been awake sitting on the street since about 11 last night. But I did get in the section right behind the VIP section, there were so many of you guys, hah.

Thanks so much for these amazing pictures, my camera is awful in the first place and kinda died halfway through, so this is really great.

I liked how they had to go put on they're makeup after the soundcheck haha, and the progression of expressions on Chris's face when he caught those panties...priceless! Guy was so cute taking pictures with his camera. Oh yeah, and when Chris brought that kid on stage I was just like why am I not a 5 year old child with a broken arm.

I wished that Chris came to our section since we had basically been camping out for so many hours, but it was still so worth it. That's probably the closest I've ever been to them, and definately the closest to Chris as he came running down the aisle.

I loved the song choice too, I was sure it was just going to be new stuff, but hearing In My Place and the acoustic Yellow teaser was so AMAZING.

It's ALL over the news, every time the news is on, on NBC anyway, they keep showing clips and asking for pictures and stuff.

Anyway, very glad I went, hope everyone had a great time.

Red-hot Coldplay takes Manhattan

I thought that showing up at Rockefeller Plaza at 2 a.m. for Coldplay’s 7 a.m. "Today Show" concert would be early enough to get into the "first-come, first-served" show.

I was wrong.

The line already extended down an entire block. Kids near the front were camped out in sleeping bags, while those a bit further down the line, like me, simply sat on the sidewalk while cockroaches climbed out of the sewers and sent us jumping.

Those in the very front told "Today" host Meredith Vieira that they had been there for about 17 hours, which means they were waiting since Thursday afternoon. Now that's dedication.

However, once the barriers were lowered to let fans into the show, the intensity of the fans grew a bit testy. As a few middle-aged women skipped the line here and there, fans jeered. Some pleaded with others to do something about it, but no one ever risked getting out of line. After spending more than a night sleeping on pavement, nobody wanted to risk getting thrown out of the show by security.

From my spot at the back corner of the stage, I was dumbfounded by the number of people who flooded the streets. The entire plaza was full, stretching from 5th to 6th Aves., not to mention the many NBC employees who gazed out their windows of 30 Rock, watching the stage with just as much eagerness as the many college kids below.

Finally, lead singer Chris Martin and the other members of Coldplay emerged from the 'Today' studio, and Martin could not have been more engaged with his audience. He joked wildly and swore, laughing at how awful the sound-check went. He even caught a purple bra that was thrown at him by an adoring fan. Vieira seemed greatly amused by the act, but it hardly fazed Martin, who tossed it aside as just a bit of silliness. Once other underwear hit the air, he did finally take his attention away from performing, if only for a brief moment.

My personal favorite moment of the concert was when Martin decided he wanted to walk into the crowd that stretched from the back of the stage to beyond 49th street. Standing at the back corner of the stage myself, I could see his disappointment when the technical directors told him how they'd prefer he go through the front crowd.

Martin agreed with the countless fans stuck in back. The V.I.P. section at the very foot of the stage had apparently gotten enough Coldplay for his tastes. He jumped onto a back platform and danced among his other fans. The Coldplay fans - like me - who didn't have the greatest of views at the show appreciated this fan-friendly gesture.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2008/06/27/2008-06-27_redhot_coldplay_takes_manhattan.html