✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Oct-08: Boston - TD Banknorth Garden - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

i've only posted here once, but i just wanna say that i'm in row 2 sect 330. your thoughts? i've never been to the garden before so i was really just going off a seating chart

You will have great line of site to the stage, particularly the ramp on Guy's side.

I was in the section to your left, 301, row 9 the last show on 8/4 and they were way better views than I thought they were going to be. Originally I was bummed about being in the balcony but honestly you get to see it all, the big projection globes, the big screen. I think you will be surprised how "close" you will feel from that section and row.

Also a tip:

If you can, get there early, before the openers. We were there early and we saw two groups of fans from our section get ticket upgrades from staffers of Coldplay. One was a group of 4 and one a couple. We watched them get approached by someone with "tags" and then leave their seats and get walked down to the floor where they has second row seats right in front of the stage. It is a totally random happening but hey, you never know, you could get lucky.

Enjoy the show!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a tip:

If you can, get there early, before the openers. We were there early and we saw two groups of fans from our section get ticket upgrads from staffers of Coldplay. One was a group of 4 and one a couple. We watched them get approached by someone with "tags" and then leave their seats and get walked down to the floor where they has second row seats right in front of the stage. It is a totally random happening but hey, you never know, you could get lucky.

Enjoy the show!

^ It wasn't Matthew Miller (Roadie #42) by any chance was it? :thinking:

Because based on his blog, he often goes to the balcony seats to hand out tickets for the first 5 rows.

I saw him on the stage that night, albeit briefly during the set-up for coldplay,

and then I didn't see him AT ALL the rest of the time.

I figured he'd gone to do his balcony ticket hand-out run...

EDIT: Thanks Collee for that info. So Miller has some accomplices! :inquisitive:

Nope, it wasn't Miller. Actually it was two different people each time, each was a male, making two visits to our section about 1/2 hour apart. But it was not Matthew Miller. I've been following Miller's blog on the official site so I was actually keeping an eye out for him too.

is duffy scheduled to be the opener? because *warning* - I just saw her play a festival slot (essentially an opening gig) - she was due to be on 430-515, didn't come on until 510 (because apparently she has so much equipment to soundcheck - she had a 45 minute slot for her soundcheck, went over by another forty-five minutes), and then proceeded to be incredibly boring, annoying, and rude with her banter. Came out to an audience who had waited an extra 40 minutes in the blazing hot sun and preceded to play two extremely slow, low energy songs, and tell us that we weren't clapping enough. of course we weren't, we had nothing to clap for.

so in short she was late, rude, boring, and really way over hyped, not to mention the fact that she fucked up the schedule for everyone else on the stage. Be careful. Show up for an opener that's interesting and passionate, at least (santogold).

What's up with the Floor Seats and the Auction?

Does anyone know what happened to Floor A, B, and C for the Oct 29th show?

Last time, these sections were available in the Ticketmaster auction.... this time they weren't available in the ticketmaster auction, nor in the regular sale...

I saw on places like StubHub and AceTickets that they have a just a couple of tickets available in A and B, but only in rows 10-12 or so.. and they are going for something like $900 a piece.

I already bought some decent Loge tickets, so I'm good to go.... but I was looking forward to the opportunity of at least bidding on those front and center suckers.

Just curious if anyone knows what happened to these seats/sections. Wondering if they were held for special guests or sold to another private ticket selling company or something..........called Ticketmast to ask but they aren't talking...

Does anyone know what happened to Floor A, B, and C for the Oct 29th show?

Last time, these sections were available in the Ticketmaster auction.... this time they weren't available in the ticketmaster auction, nor in the regular sale...

I saw on places like StubHub and AceTickets that they have a just a couple of tickets available in A and B, but only in rows 10-12 or so.. and they are going for something like $900 a piece.

I already bought some decent Loge tickets, so I'm good to go.... but I was looking forward to the opportunity of at least bidding on those front and center suckers.

Just curious if anyone knows what happened to these seats/sections. Wondering if they were held for special guests or sold to another private ticket selling company or something..........called Ticketmast to ask but they aren't talking...

^ Be careful of those StubHub tickets. I'm not sure if they are REAL seats.

Last time Coldplay played at the Garden, sections A,B, and C only had 7 Rows (I think).

And last time there were people on StubHub claiming to have tickets in those sections for Rows 9, 10, etc. :\

So if the seating hasn't changed from the August 4th show, then those are definitely fake tickets.

And I agree with Collee, they most likely went to radio stations. A bunch of stations were/are having contests to win tickets.

Also, some of those sweet seats are held and then the roadies for Coldplay hand them out to people in the Balcony sections before the show!

EDIT: Actually, I think there were 10 rows in sections A,B,C. I just found a picture and counted at least 10 rows.

Nevertheless, I'm going to contact TD Banknorth about the number of seat rows.

boston excitement

HOLY COLDPLAY!!!!

It's only August and I'm sooooo pumped and jumping in my seat already for this show!!! :dance:

haha, and i've been trying Ticketmaster JFL (just for laughs) and one of the word security checks was "Toilet saving" :laugh3:

sorry, just random nonsense....

GAH!!!! THEY'RE COMING BACK TO BOSTON #$^%^&!!!!!!

SqWEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Thank god for this forum.... allows us coldplayers to unleash our uncontainable excitement!! :evilgrin:

Anybody think the boys are going to play "Cemeteries of London"???? 'Tis near Halloween... *crosses fingers*

JUST 68 MORE DAYS UNTIL :dance: :guitarist: :singer: :drummer: :guitarist: :dance:

Just upgraded my seats through the TicketMaster auction. Not bad, LOGE 22, row 8, seats 11-10. Much closer than the balcony sec 302 row 8.

I was pleasantly surprised with the auction, although waiting 2 weeks to see what you'd end up with for ticket groups was rather nerve wreaking

coldplay boston butterflies

^^^^ Awww... you got it in the confetti exchange thread right? :heart:

So true. Us Coldplay fans are the best people in the world :nice:

Next time, maybe you should try to run down to the floor to get some if you can!

There's sooooo much leftover that would just be swept up anyway!

:flutterby: :flutterby:

Second encore would be so lovely.

And yes, I got my lovely butterflies from member 2732 through the butterfly exchange thread.

I thought about trying to run in to the floor on my way out to grab up a handful of butterflies but the friend I was with was too chicken and didn't want to split up and lose me in the crowd.

Maybe this time I can manage some first hand.

Even though this concert is over a month away I am just sooooooooo excited to get to see them again and so soon after the terrific Boston gig on 8/4. Unbelievable!

Recycle your non-winning RI lottery tickets and WIN TICKETS TO SEE COLDPLAY!

your-lot-blk.png

Bring as many non-winning RI Lottery tickets as you can to the Ben Folds concert on Sept. 25 and you might win tickets to see Coldplay on October 29 at TD Banknorth! Each non-winning ticket you have counts as one entry so recycle all your non-winning tickets at the RI Lottery booth on Sept 25 at Ben Folds. For more info about all of your Rhode Island Lottery’s games, visit http://www.rilot.com