Anyone have Coldplay tattoos?

atarisboy86

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I`ve decided to go for the Paradise butterfly. I`m still not sure if I should only get the shape of the butterfly or maybe a real butterfly inside the shape.

Maybe someone here might have an idea about this and/or maybe have thoughts on a design? It`s important that the original shape of the Paradise butterfly is key for the tattoo.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the new single "Magic" is released and the new album is coming out, I`m in doubt if I should go for the butterfly tattoo. Maybe I should get a tattoo based on the new album. I`ve made 3 pics of tattoos that I`m considering. Maybe some of you could give your opinion?

th_097004905_GhostStories_750_122_40lo.jpg th_097006427_Magic_1250_122_182lo.jpg th_709700894_MX_Paradise_Vlinder_122_395lo.jpg

• 2 months later...

I really like the Ghost Story angel wings, I saw a women the other day with a giant tattoo of angel wings on her back, not the Ghost Stories ones of course, but I can't help thinking how awesome the GS wings would look on someone. ^.^ I'm thinking of getting a Coldplay tattoo sometime in a few years, but it would be my first so I'd want something small. I was thinking of maybe one of the MX symbols or 42 or even a lyric from one of their songs, but I'm not completely sure what yet or where I would get it, any suggestions? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Dexynboy: lovely idea :)

Joueur Froid: That's amazing, I love it! :D How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

It did cost 90€. Which is quite cheap for a tattoo here in France.

Also I just made this one in London, a couple of hours before 1st of july show at the RAH.

DON'T EVER LET GO

usepQTb.jpg

:nod:

I don't like coloured tattoos. Black looks a lot better.

Well I think it depends on the picture, but oftentimes coloured tattoos are just TOO colourful and bright and IMO that makes them ugly

It did cost 90€. Which is quite cheap for a tattoo here in France.

Also I just made this one in London, a couple of hours before 1st of july show at the RAH.

DON'T EVER LET GO

usepQTb.jpg

Can I just clarify (and I welcome anyone to answer this) that you made the bracelet? Or you made the circle on your hand?

Can I just clarify (and I welcome anyone to answer this) that you made the bracelet? Or you made the circle on your hand?

Look at the title of this thread, I suppose that will answer your question :awesome:

DON'T EVER LET GO

usepQTb.jpg

I'm actually considering getting an O tattoo like this and a simple version of the Ghost Stories wings (like the ones drawn on the lyric sheets) on the opposite wrist. They'd be my first tattoos. I've always drawn stuff on my arms, especially Coldplay symbols, and at this point Ghost Stories means so much to me that I might just make some permanent. I dunno, we'll see haha.

First of all, you should really think through before getting a tattoo that size. Secondly, get in a touch with a real artist to sketch all the "things" because I think it definitely lacks depth and style, and with a tattoo that meaningful to you, you got to have a beautiful design (maybe your tattoo artist could sketch something for you).

I for one asked one of my friends, who I think is really talented, to sketch a tattoo for me based on a single sentence that means a lot to me. It's from the song The Scientist and I bet it has a meaning for a lot of you guys too. Here's the outcome:

« Nobody said it was easy »

tattoo.jpg

(please excuse any grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language ;))

That is one of the worst tattoos i've seen, I can't even read what its supposed to say. I get you wanted a design but it lost all the meaning of the lyric.