✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone have Coldplay tattoos?

atarisboy86

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody!

I'm Carmen..I'm not English so forgive me for all the mistakes I'll do!

Unluckily I don't post it very often but last month I saw this thread and..today I went to my loyal tattoo artist and finally I got my Coldplay tattoo. But it's not only a Coldplay tattoo; it's both a Muse tattoo.

tumblr_mke1uko3TX1r9xuuco1_500.jpg

Both bands saved my life several time and they save me every time I listen to them;

I chose a spiral -a double spiral- which means also life balance (in celtic culture I studied) so a balance between Coldplay -bright side of life/music- and Muse, the "darkest" one. I chose two of my favourite phrases, one from Swallowed In The Sea and one from Knights of Cydonia..two amazing songs, two amazing lyrics and two strong memos.

Well, I love this tattoo so so much even it hurt a lot, hahah!

Hope you like it! :)

I'm trying to find a picture of the tattoo that some guy had on his leg, calf, I think. It's Chris's face, and it pretty took up his whole calf area. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about? If you have a link, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

I'm trying to find a picture of the tattoo that some guy had on his leg, calf, I think. It's Chris's face, and it pretty took up his whole calf area. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about? If you have a link, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

Yeah I know what you're looking for, let me search the interwebz!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I am planning to have an tattoo. in two months i become 18 and I would like to have a coldplay related tattoo.

And I have an idea but i am very curious about your opinions.

Something like the lyrics of a coldplay song or a collection of artworks from coldplay and my other favorite artists in a band around my calf or upper arm.

something like this:

pi-around-arm-tattoo.jpg

Hi there!

I am planning to have an tattoo. in two months i become 18 and I would like to have a coldplay related tattoo.

And I have an idea but i am very curious about your opinions.

Something like the lyrics of a coldplay song or a collection of artworks from coldplay and my other favorite artists in a band around my calf or upper arm.

something like this:

pi-around-arm-tattoo.jpg

So that it spirals around the arm? Or so that there are lines of lyrics going around?

Either way I think it looks good, just have to pick which lyrics you'd like!! :)

• 3 months later...

Has anyone made a tattoo about Coldplay?

I would like to tattoo the Make Trade Fair symbol =, on my arm, but I want to do a temporary one to see if I like it, do you know if I can do a design online and order something like this?

I would like to tattoo the Make Trade Fair symbol =, on my arm, but I want to do a temporary one to see if I like it, do you know if I can do a design online and order something like this?

I'm probably being cheap, but to save time and money, why not draw it on? It's just an equal sign really isn't it :)

• 2 weeks later...
First of all I want to say that I love all the tattoos I saw so far! Yet I have a question as well.... did you think if a moment when you might regret it? I have a band related tattoo on my inner wrist.... meanwhile I'm not a huge fan of the band anymore.... Sometimes I do regret it to be there other moments I don't but I was just wondering how you peeps think about it for the future?

Bumping an old one.

I think there is too much hysteria about "tattoos need to have a meaning". I did my butterfly in 2011 after seeing them 4 times. Because - it's freaking awesome and cool and beautiful and I love butterflies, not only because I'm a huge fan of Coldplay :)

When I'm 50 and Coldplay is nothing more than the music and memories I will think back and remember how much joy the time with Coldplay gave me, it's a big part of my life. And when I'm 85 and I don't remember my name or what "Coldplay" is, I will look in the mirror and think "oh, that was a cute little butterfly!" :P