🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussies: Would it be correct to say Mercury Rev is to Australia as Girls Aloud is to Wembley?

Actually that's not really the case for me.

Surely the first day was a bit hard to go through them because I was dying to see Coldplay for the first time, but as I gave them more listens I find that their music is actually good.

WHOA! :o NICE JONNYBOY!!! :drunk:

Angie.... I had to deal with a fucking stinking Chelsea fan with B.O sitting next to me on the train home. I really feel your pain for the 18th gig now and the fish-boy who was next to you!!! :\

Ewwwwwww more BO peeps. :angry:

I had a bus trip to the Bakery this morning to just drive by it. Then was really sad so I took the boat down to Greenwich and spent the day there in the sunshine. Came back the the bloody puppets took my pic getting off the boat at Westminster pier! Fucking hell, the stalker becomes the stalked. :stunned:

IMG_1480%20(Small).JPG

Hi! My first post over here (am usually to be found on The Killers forum :)), I just thought I'd copy and paste my little review and share my pics with you all, even though you've probably seen hundreds by now!

What a fantastic show on Saturday! I was totally blown away by the energy of the band and crowd, especially in our spot. We were only about 10-15 rows from the front, just off to the right of centre stage. Everyone was happy, we all had plenty of room, and people were just basically up for having a great time. The rain made it a million times better, after hours and hours of the heat and sweat and being stood around, people were just revelling in it. I was completely soaked to the skin by the time they came out, you could see Chris think 'oh bollocks to it' and he just ran out into the downpour! You can see how drenched he got from the first couple of pics.

It was a novel experience for me to see a band this huge without having really paid any attention to previous setlists or performances from the rest of the tour, so it was totally fresh and interesting to me. I've seen The Killers 3 times in quick succession this year and it does take away a little of the magic when you get almost the same setlist for the third time.

The butterfly release was spectacular, I was so afraid it was still going to be raining and ruin it, but thankfully it was dry and I have a massive handful of them at home. Highlights for me were The Scientist, Yellow, Politik, Fix You, VLV, and Lovers In Japan. You could feel how emotional it was at the end, but I think the crowd gave them a good send off!

I never got a sniff of any LRLRL cds, but I saw people with them so they must have been around. I've read that the giveaway has been a shambles pretty much everywhere though so I half expected it.

White Lies were great as always, the less said about Girls Aloud the better, and Jay-Z was fantastic. I loved how he picked individuals out from the crowd and said thanks.

Some of the pics I took (sorry so many!):

P1010652.jpg

P1010656.jpg

P1010660.jpg

P1010669.jpg

P1010671.jpg

P1010673.jpg

P1010676.jpg

P1010693.jpg

P1010695.jpg

P1010732.jpg

P1010733.jpg

P1010743.jpg

P1010745.jpg

P1010748.jpg

P1010749.jpg

I have all the rest of my pics (including WL, GA and Jay-Z pics) here. I was so tempted to try and get my DSLR in but after watching someone else's get soaked in beer, I'm glad I didn't!

We were 3 (Chavi, Carlaatje and I), and we arrived BEFORE 9pm :D

Oh i only saw 2 of you sorry, it was while me and my girlfriend were walking round at 9pm , A girl with ginger hair and a chinese girl i think?

We were the 2 drunks singing yellow as we walked past you, doubt you remember, we walked past again in the morning and i think you wer both asleep?

Was around 10.30am i think

I had a bus trip to the Bakery this morning to just drive by it. Then was really sad so I took the boat down to Greenwich and spent the day there in the sunshine. Came back the the bloody puppets took my pic getting off the boat at Westminster pier! Fucking hell, the stalker becomes the stalked. :stunned:

IMG_1480%20(Small).JPG

Coldplay Karma works both ways then :D :laugh3: :P

Hi! My first post over here (am usually to be found on The Killers forum :)), I just thought I'd copy and paste my little review and share my pics with you all, even though you've probably seen hundreds by now!

Hey :) Thanks for coming over and sharing. your pics are awesome :D

and that Girls Aloud slot so should have had The Killers in it!

and that Girls Aloud slot so should have had The Killers in it!

That would've just killed me!!! But ANYTHING would've been better, it was such a waste of a slot!!!!

I didn't take any pics on the 19th, 'cause I just wanted to enjoy the show, but eventually I will post some sort of review...though I'm sure there's a million by now. :lol:

I haven't even unpacked yet!:shame: and I'm so curious to see what people were saying while we were at the show and read others reviews...it's gonna take ages.

I have to say though, this show was fucking AMAZING. Coldplay, in the rain, in London, surrounded by coldplayers....nothing could be better, nothing ever was.:bomb::bigcry::D

OK, time to write up my review (sorry, i know i'm a bit late).

I met my friend outside Wembley Stadium Station at 3.30 and we went to queue up. I was quite surprised how near the front we ended up - we were just right of the centre of stage, and about 10 rows back from the ramp on the right hand side of the stage (that may not seem that near to the front to some people but it's the closest i've ever been at a Coldplay concert and considering when we started queuing i thought we'd be much further back!) :shocked2:

The first support act were White Lies. I'd heard a few of their songs on the radio which i kind of liked so i was curious to see what they'd be like live, and i must say i was really impressed! (So much so i went out and bought their album the next day!:D) Girls Aloud and Jay-Z were both OK imo, although i'm not really into either type of music:\

About 15 minutes before Coldplay were due on stage the heavens opened and one or two drops of rain quickly turned into an absolute downpour :stunned: The rain didn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits one bit though, as the opening chords of Life in Technicolour started up the whole place roared into life. As soon as the boys walked on stage waving their sparklers i couldn't have cared less that i was completely drenched, i could've burst with excitement and adrenaline! :wacky::wideeyed::bomb::dance:

Chris sounded amazing all night. The whole band were on top form and every moment seemed all the more special, not just to the crowd but i'm sure to the boys too, because we all knew that this, the last night of the entire Viva La Vida world tour, marked the end of an era. Every song was brilliant in its own right and the atmosphere was absolutely electric throughout, but some songs really stand out in my mind: the mass singalongs to Viva La Vida and a beautiful rendition of The Scientist; Yellow, esp with our "audition" for the X Factor at the end:lol:; Billie Jean; a nostalgic Trouble, which i never expected to see them perform live and left me gobsmacked:shocked2:; Lovers in Japan was even more spectacular than when i saw them perform it at the O2 arena :wideeyed: I almost died when they came down to the end of the right-hand ramp (is that the B stage or the C stage?!:confused:) to perform a few songs - they were at most about 20 feet away from me :dead::dead::dead: Chris was so humble and he kept thanking us all for singing along and even started referring to us as "the choir of London.":D

I can't think what else to say now, except that we had a fantastic night and i know i'll never forget it. It was my friend's first Coldplay concert and he loved every second of it!:D:heart:

I have quite a few videos which are uploading as i type but it's taking ages - i will post them as soon as they're all done!:) In the meantime, i've posted all my piccies here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481104563&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=2036131&id=1481104563&ref=mf :D

Hey :) Thanks for coming over and sharing. your pics are awesome :D

Thanks!

and that Girls Aloud slot so should have had The Killers in it

I don't think my brain could've handled that. I didn't manage to get tix for the Warchild gig and looking back, it was probably safer that way! :lol: Too much awesomeness for one stage.

I wish it was 9pm Saturday night again :cry:

The first support act were White Lies. I'd heard a few of their songs on the radio which i kind of liked so i was curious to see what they'd be like live, and i must say i was really impressed! (So much so i went out and bought their album the next day!:D)

Glad to see you enjoyed them that much! They are a fabulous band, I saw them at R1's Big Weekend and was hooked. I wish they'd had a longer set on Saturday, but I'm seeing them on their own tour in December so I didn't mind too much.

Then you saw Carla and Chavi around 9pm (I was running around the stadium to go to the box office).

You probably saw Chavi again at morning but Carla and I were queuing at the box office at 10:30 am ;)

So what time did you guys start queuing? I could never queue for that long, you must of been really tired!!

Me and the girlfriend walked round wembley about 3 times on the friday night, im suprised you didnt wait outside the entrance/exit where Coldplay (or 1 of them) exited in a getaway car lol

Didn't your boyfriend get you one?:stunned:

Poor show, if you ask me!:P

I have a spare if you need one.;)

as we both have said, we didn't got one :(

why poor show? i really liked it most than the one i attended in Barcelona last year, really, may be is cause the show was longer. :uhoh:

Yes it was me, so nice to see you from the queue, and I met you on Thursday night, right? So nice you saw everyone else further up :)

Marvellous gig, and wonderful to see David's pics from across the way that included Ian, Jen, little busybee-jen-still-in-the-womb, and myself :P

yes we met on Thursday. :D

it was nice to see most of you all there, but i missed to meet some other coldplayers queuing :\

he took better pics than me, i think. :) i'll post some of mine later today.

Yeah we were supposed to queue, but then the 3girls got free tickets for fridays show so i watched all stuff. We didn't mix up with fridays queue since we were sittung around the letter K.

I went to the m & n queue around 00.30, met some coldplayers. But didnt dare talk to them until afternoon on saturday. I ended up at the front by the left camera, behind only one.

Thanks mc_square for talking to me :D

So what time did you guys start queuing? I could never queue for that long, you must of been really tired!!

Me and the girlfriend walked round wembley about 3 times on the friday night, im suprised you didnt wait outside the entrance/exit where Coldplay (or 1 of them) exited in a getaway car lol

I dunno, we started to queue during Jay-Z I think (though we were at the stadium earlier in the afternoon).

Maltkvist you're the one who slept next to us then I guess :D