✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-Jul-09: Superpages.com Center, Dallas, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos

Nope.

Chris picked it up and put it on Guy's head. Guy walked off the stage with it on.

Just go back a few pages in the thread and you'll see my story, and also someone took a pic of him walking off with the hat on.

I really made it for Chris to wear, but I'm super OK with it if Guy wants it. My intention was that it was a gift. I didn't want it back.

Aww okay that was a super cool idea ! Even if Chris gave it to Guy :nice:

Aww, thanks! Yeah I know, it was great! :dance: The Pit was so fun since you could easily move around and I went over to that side when they left for B-Stage and was right up against the railing. It was just me and maybe three other people :laugh3: It was sort of odd everyone didn't head over there knowing he had to come back, but oh well, it was good for me!

I'm wondering if someone requested 'Trouble' at a meet-and-greet or something? But, like Angie said, he cut it short and guess he didn't practice. It was much longer than I though it was going to be though. I thought he might just play a bit and then do 'The Hardest Part' but he didn't. I liked it when he did the first part of 'I Kissed a Girl' I wish I got in on video since it was funny, but super quick!

I know, the pit is so much fun :cheesy:

Yeah, that was maybe a request :shrug:

Chris you better work on that song:whip:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so we're having extreme technical difficulties uploading our videos and we're not sure why...it might be because they're HD quality. We're going to keep trying because it would be a real shame not to be able to share our vids!

Anyway, I did manage to upload one full video (at much lower quality) and a few more pictures. Here's the link: www.austingirlmusicguide.com.

Does anyone in this thread happen to know a girl named Laurie (or something that starts with the "Lor-" sound) that was in the pit with her father, who I assume to be her sister and sister's boyfriend? It was at the Dallas show on the 21st.

Okay, so we're having extreme technical difficulties uploading our videos and we're not sure why...it might be because they're HD quality. We're going to keep trying because it would be a real shame not to be able to share our vids!

Anyway, I did manage to upload one full video (at much lower quality) and a few more pictures. Here's the link: www.austingirlmusicguide.com.

First of all, I notice my arms at the very beginning. :shocked2:

And I see our tall bouncer there in the way. :veryangry2:

So far it looks really good!

Can't wait for the rest!

:D

@Angie- awesome pics and great review! LOVED LOVED LOVED the costume!!

@VenusLoveBug2- I'm in Austin, too! I've bookmarked your blog :)

@Coldplaylover#1- Great pics! Thanks for sharing them!

:dance: great stuff, everyone!! :D

And now for the icing on the cake...Chris looks right into Joyce's camera!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zspRTUNwaY0]YouTube - Coldplay, Dallas 7/21/09, Viva La Vida (snippet)[/ame]

:shocked2:

Well, that's all we have folks. Hope you enjoyed them! And thanks again Joyce for doing all the pics and vid!

The following pics were taken by my friend. You'll see her below...

#1 and #2 in line - Chris (right) and Mike (left)

Coldplay_Dallas_1.jpg

PIT/Lawn is lining up

Coldplay_Dallas_2.jpg

My friend Joyce (left) and Me (right)

Coldplay_Dallas_3.jpg

That's my husband's head right above you! The tall one with the beard!

I've finally finished my review of the shows (reviewed both opening acts as well) and I have my pictures up too on my blog. www.austingirlmusicguide.com

Still working on the videos, but we've got a back up plan...hopefully should get them up this week. :D

Edited: @jenflor - awesome, thank you!

I've finally finished my review of the shows (reviewed both opening acts as well) and I have my pictures up too on my blog. www.austingirlmusicguide.com

Still working on the videos, but we've got a back up plan...hopefully should get them up this week. :D

Great review!

Still can't wait to see the rest of those vids!

And you saw them at Austin City Limits?! I'm so jealous. :stunned:

Great review!

Still can't wait to see the rest of those vids!

And you saw them at Austin City Limits?! I'm so jealous. :stunned:

I saw them at the simulcast...I wasn't in the studio with them, but I was watching it live in an auditorium nearby. It was amazing!

In other news, some full HD videos are finally up!!! Woo hoo!! Check out my blog to see them. www.austingirlmusicguide.com.

venuslovebug2 aka austingirl:

Great review! I could relate to your account of how you more or less fell in love with Coldplay without even knowing much about who they were beforehand. How lucky of you! It's ironic that you went to see Michael Stipe, but after you saw Coldplay, Michael Stipe might have seemed a little less exciting! Maybe not, but that's how I would see it. I understand that all musical taste is personal.

Also, thanks for uploading the videos, and in HD, no less! Great job!

Here is a playlist of videos of the 7/14/09 concert in Wheatland, CA: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7278399C57085D21 from my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/beigecamouflage, which is devoted to Coldplay.

venuslovebug2 aka austingirl:

Great review! I could relate to your account of how you more or less fell in love with Coldplay without even knowing much about who they were beforehand. How lucky of you! It's ironic that you went to see Michael Stipe, but after you saw Coldplay, Michael Stipe might have seemed a little less exciting! Maybe not, but that's how I would see it. I understand that all musical taste is personal.

Also, thanks for uploading the videos, and in HD, no less! Great job!

Here is a playlist of videos of the 7/14/09 concert in Wheatland, CA: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7278399C57085D21 from my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/beigecamouflage, which is devoted to Coldplay.

Thank you! Definitely, it's a Coldplay thing that I didn't get before seeing them live, and I'm so grateful for that experience. :wink: Thanks for the link and for responding!