✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-Jul-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Maryland Heights, MO - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

\o/

at least Girls Aloud don't need to worry about the problem of their gear going missing....

True! I wonder if they've got it back for tonight.

Guy Garvey and Chris are friends though, so maybe Coldplay will lend them stuff :P

I'M HERE!! In Maryland Heights!! My daughter and I drove up yesterday afternoon! We are at the Holiday Inn Express over by the amphitheater.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. It's my first Coldplay concert!!

I don't know what we're going to do until concert time. We are in the upper center section, row JJ.

Hey it's my first Coldplay concert too. In fact, this is my first concert ever.

OMG! That was amazing. The best on yet (for me anyway!!) My throat is raw from singing but I managed to do a few things I wasn't able to do the first two times.

1. I caught two butterflies from the air with my net

2. I touched one of the Yellow balloons

3. I was only about 20 feet away from the guys as they ran to the 2nd C stage!! (which was behind a pole, oh well)...

And I got a shirt (thanks Jimmy!) and I am so glad I didn't bring my camera in because I was waaay too preocupied with it in Indy. This time I just absorbed the experience.

Unfortunately I think I got about half a joint's worth of 2nd hand smoke though (:angry:).

It's amazing to me how they're able to make every concert feel special. :) They just amaze me. I'm just... AMAZED. :D

Just got back to the hotel. The show. was. brilliant!

Sooooooooooooo much to say, but I'm about to pass out, so I'll just leave you with one of the more interesting details of the night: I shook hands with Phil Harvey for about 2.5 seconds, which is a moderately long shake if you think about it. :P

BTW: I managed to get to front row pit.

:pleased:you bought a net?!?!♥

second hand somke eh?:veryangry:what seats did you have?:D

Upper left center row FF

I BARELY got my net through this time. The woman said I could take someone's eye out with the end. And I made a sad face and I told her about the butterflies and she got all :\ and then let me through. :nice:

Good thing, too because without the net I would have gone home with none except what I could scrape up off the ground!

The first one I grabbed just as another guy jumped to grab it. He looked at me and smiled and gave me a "you can have it ;)" gesture. It was sweet. :D

Phil was sitting in front of me, just beyond the barricade for the majority of the show. During the b-stage set, I yelled, "Phil," stuck out my hand, and voila: he smiled and shook for a good while and then sat back down to take pictures.

I'm actually in the Comfort Inn, and just returned from a well-working ice machine. :)

Ice AND you met Phil? :o

I'm jealous. But hey, I'm feasting on leftover road trip food here. Slim jim, doritos, an apple, and warm cherry coke! ;)

I'm absolutely elated. That was the best concert ever. :nice: I was worried after two the novelty might have worn off for me, but that turns out not to be the case at all!

Ice AND you met Phil? :o

I'm jealous. But hey, I'm feasting on leftover road trip food here. Slim jim, doritos, an apple, and warm cherry coke! ;)

I'm absolutely elated. That was the best concert ever. :nice: I was worried after two the novelty might have worn off for me, but that turns out not to be the case at all!

I'm so glad it was your best concert ever. The novelty hasn't worn off for me yet, I'm still obsessing over the 2 concerts I saw last weekend. They just made me want more!

thanks for the reviews so far!:)

a vid already! :dance:

The Scientist

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usb79sj2vJ0]YouTube - Coldplay - The Scientist - St Louis July 24, 2009[/ame]

EDIT: hi dianne, thanks for the hi res jonny:D