✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

*wonders* where I said that the gig wont happen.....oh, look nowhere.

I wondered myself how people can talk about other dates e.g. LA - thats all.

P.

Um, maybe when I said this earlier today, "So now that an LA stadium tour has been announced, what are the chances of rescheduling Tampa?", you thought I meant Los Angeles, when in fact, I was referring to Latin America... "LA" is how many people on the various boards have been referencing Latin America.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably deluding myself, but I really hope Coldplay tries to squeeze in a date in Tampa. Not crazy about going to a huge stadium in a foreign country... Hopefully, they will schedule other dates and Tampa will be one of them. :)

We're all delusional. :rolleyes3::rolleyes4:

Um, maybe when I said this earlier today, "So now that an LA stadium tour has been announced, what are the chances of rescheduling Tampa?", you thought I meant Los Angeles, when in fact, I was referring to Latin America... "LA" is how many people on the various boards have been referencing Latin America.

I got confused with the LA thing too. I thought they were going to L.A. But then I thought why is she taking it so lightly? If it's true she would be going bananas :)

About Tampa , we have the right to dream with a rescheduled show.

I got confused with the LA thing too. I thought they were going to L.A. But then I thought why is she taking it so lightly? If it's true she would be going bananas :)

About Tampa , we have the right to dream with a rescheduled show.

And if the Los Angeles thing were true, you're all invited to stay here :). No Chris said that Irvine was their last L.A. area show for a few years. Boo hoo

meeting Will

Dianne: You've almost certainly told the story somwhere on the forum, but could you tell me (or point me to the post describing) how you got to have your pic taken with Will?

Obviously, some unlikely dreams do come true!

Dianne: You've almost certainly told the story somwhere on the forum, but could you tell me (or point me to the post describing) how you got to have your pic taken with Will?

Obviously, some unlikely dreams do come true!

Ziggy, I'd be happy to share :)

I won a call-in radio contest for a promotion called Cocktails with Coldplay for tickets and a meet and greet before their concert in Irvine....Caller # 20 wins. The band had another commitment that day in Hollywood (as detailed in Roadie 42's blog http://coldplay.com/post_listroadie42.php Go to Blog #91) Unfortunately, because of this other gig that same day, the band was running very late by the time they got to Irvine. The radio station, KROQ, had a nice set up for us on a backstage patio, a buffet, no-host bar, etc. After the cocktail party, the band finally arrived, and we were divided into 4 groups for a quick photo. There were 40 winners plus their guests. We were not allowed, per Jackie their head of security, to take our own photos, due to time issues. But after they took their photo with another group, Chris came up to my husband and me, shook our hands, and apologized for the delay. I left Chris to approach Will and spoke with him for a few seconds (once I stopped hyperventilating - lol). We got in our group for the photo, they went to the next group, then immediately went backstage to do their pre-show huddle. When we left the backstage area to go to our seats, Magnificent was already playing. It was funny that I had no idea where my husband, Chris, Guy or Jonny were in the photo until the radio station sent it to us, 2 weeks later. My husband told me he was just standing with the group, when he felt someone put their arm around his shoulder, and he looked to see who it was, and it was Chris! Here's the group pic - my husband is in the blue shirt right next to Chris. It was too bad the radio station didn't send out a high res picture, but oh well...

GroupB-1.jpg

great story

^ What a great story!

I'm GREEN with envy. You and your hubby "bookending" Chris and Will, with Guy, Jonny and a few other fans in the middle.

I have this dread that if ever I was to meet one of them, I'd freeze up and get all tongue-tied. Have you ever seen the documentary about the Whitehouse (PBS, as I recall) where several ex-Presidents recall that during their term there, people who are otherwise intelligent and brilliantly articulate, often world leaders in whatever field, just go to jelly when they enter the Oval Office? It takes a lot to put me off to that degree and I don't think I'd feel or react that way except for Coldplay. Well, maybe the Dalai Lama. :laugh3:

I just bought tickets to see my husbands favorite comedian Bill Maher :dance:

I haven't tell him yet. He is going to be so happy :) Live Nation was actually selling the best seat on the pre-sale. :rolleyes: (I wish they did that for Coldplay). I got row A :D :dance:

I really want to go to Tampa to see U2 next weekend, but I don't know if I want to drive for almost 5 hours to go there. :\ I'll try to convince the hubby ;)

I just bought tickets to see my husbands favorite comedian Bill Maher :dance:

I haven't tell him yet. He is going to be so happy :) Live Nation was actually selling the best seat on the pre-sale. :rolleyes: (I wish they did that for Coldplay). I got row A :D :dance:

I really want to go to Tampa to see U2 next weekend, but I don't know if I want to drive for almost 5 hours to go there. :\ I'll try to convince the hubby ;)

YAY!!!!! He is funny!!!! Have fun!!! I know what ya mean about driving 5 hours for a concert, but maybe you could find a reasonable hotel room for the night?

@ Dianne, I still get goose bumps reading your story:kiss:

Awww... After talking with so many people while we were waiting, I was by far the biggest fan. Some people started asking me trivia-it was funny. I was dying and after i talked with Will, I seriously felt weak. It was amazing yet so nerve-wracking at the same time.

I think it only makes sense that they tack on a few more northern Latin America dates and hit Tampa. Let's be honest, a seven show tour is just not Coldplay. Oh yeah, and I'm booking a two day trip down as soon as it's announced :-D.

I think it only makes sense that they tack on a few more northern Latin America dates and hit Tampa. Let's be honest, a seven show tour is just not Coldplay. Oh yeah, and I'm booking a two day trip down as soon as it's announced :-D.

Welcome aboard Jeff!!!! I like the positive outlook:)

Awww... After talking with so many people while we were waiting, I was by far the biggest fan. Some people started asking me trivia-it was funny. I was dying and after i talked with Will, I seriously felt weak. It was amazing yet so nerve-wracking at the same time.

What did you tell him?

I agree, I'm almost sure they will add more dates. Hopefully Tampa too. And if our dream come true, and you come down to Florida you are invited to join our Die-hard Colplayers Tampa group :)

Welcome aboard Jeff!!!! I like the positive outlook

I agree, I'm almost sure they will add more dates. Hopefully Tampa too. And if our dream come true, and you come down to Florida you are invited to join our Die-hard Colplayers Tampa group

You guys are actually the greatest people ever :)!!! Coldplayers are such a wonderful group of people. Everyday I hear about fights that broke out at concerts and arrests that were made, and I just chuckle to myself and think about the Coldplay fans helping everyone to get a good view and just being the friendliest they could possibly be to a person they only met hours before. That's Coldplay and those are Coldplay fans. Such an inspirational group I'd do anything for a Coldplayer :D!!!

You guys deserve this show so much I can't wait to see it happen for you, just a few days until we find out hopefully!!!

You guys are actually the greatest people ever :)!!! Coldplayers are such a wonderful group of people. Everyday I hear about fights that broke out at concerts and arrests that were made, and I just chuckle to myself and think about the Coldplay fans helping everyone to get a good view and just being the friendliest they could possibly be to a person they only met hours before. That's Coldplay and those are Coldplay fans. Such an inspirational group I'd do anything for a Coldplayer :D!!!

You guys deserve this show so much I can't wait to see it happen for you, just a few days until we find out hopefully!!!

Aw Jeff:)

My husband and I are seriously pondering going to Brazil to the Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo concerts. :cool: We would make a vacation out of the trip. It's a 14 hour flight down there ! I certainly hope Tampa gets re-scheduled before we make any plans. I think I would wish only have to travel 5 or 6 hours rather than 14. Brazil might be fun, though. I hear that the beaches are beautiful...

What did you tell him?

I agree, I'm almost sure they will add more dates. Hopefully Tampa too. And if our dream come true, and you come down to Florida you are invited to join our Die-hard Colplayers Tampa group :)

Oh, I blabbered like a stupid fangirl. When they left one group photo, Chris walked over to us, and we said hi to him, then my husband called out to Will, so he walked over to us. And there he was, standing about a foot away from me, I said Hi Will, he said Hello. And I died right there. Then I, um, stared at him, and quickly thought, oh shit, what now? Do I hold out my hand and introduce myself? Like he'd ever remember my name or even care? So then I said, "I was at the show last night and thought it was great." He said "Thank you. I hope you enjoy the show tonight." Then I was barely standing at that point, and said "I know I will, this is my 4th show this tour and I keep coming back" (yes, totally lame, I know) He smiled that beautiful smile, and I died again, lol. He said something like "We're grateful we have such fantastic fans." Then the people were tellling us to group together for our picture. He and I walked to the back, we're both tall, and they told us to crowd together. Um, ok, if you insist, so I was smooshed up against him, and by now, I totally thought I was going to pass out. After the picture, he looked over at me and said "We have to go now. Thanks for coming." And he left me. I found my husband and was all, "oh my god, I just met Will, and I freaking talked to him, and he talked to me." Then Jackie was telling us to Time to go folks, go to your seats.

When we got to our seats, they were right on the aisle, next to the butterfly blowers...and when the boys went to C stage, they walked up our aisle. I got hand slaps from Chris and Will and Chris actually came over to the girls next to us in our row and signed their program, so I was right next to him again. My pics from that were really bad, I had my zoom lens on and they were *too* close to us, believe it or not. I took all those pics in the link in my sig.

It was just an amazing night, and that was when I decided I *had* to see them again, and went to Tampa...

My husband and I are seriously pondering going to Brazil to the Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo concerts. :cool: We would make a vacation out of the trip. It's a 14 hour flight down there ! I certainly hope Tampa gets re-scheduled before we make any plans. I think I would wish only have to travel 5 or 6 hours rather than 14. Brazil might be fun, though. I hear that the beaches are beautiful...

Ohh, how fun would that be??? My husband wants to go to Argentina, not for Coldplay but just because...I don't think I can convince him that Coldplay needs to be part of his dream, lol.

And I did price airfare from Los Angeles to Mexico - only $256 from LAX to Guadalajara non-stop (and it's only a 3 hour flight), but $411 to Monterrey, with one or two stops, but my husband just rolls his eyes at me.

I'm not ready to totally let the Tampa dream die.