✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Mar-09: Coldplay to play Sydney Bushfire Benefit Show, Sydney, Australia [Live broadcast Triple J

:stunned: I didn't hear anything about this! what was it? what did coldplay perform.. are there any videos?

Set list:

1: Life In Technicolor

2: Yellow

3: Lost!

4: Clocks

5; Viva La Vida

6: You're The Voice w/John Farnham

7: Fix You

-->

Until now no other videos uploaded!

But the audio is already here:

-->

Here are all the songs, vocals bit scratchy at times but that was Chris coz of the radio. Instrumental parts are great.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=902b68d6c0f893f007258ee67c679e4adca2203d7ec5f8e2ce018c8114394287

:)

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend messaged me and said Chris ran right by him.

I was watching it all on TV and thought it was hilarious when he jumped the fence and ran through the crowd with his arms out and all the people chasing him. The looks on the security guards faces were priceless :laugh3: Champion.

Wasn't overly impressed by the TV commentator Yumi, mentioning one of the band members as "Will Berryman" :rolleyes:

triple j's music director Richard Kingsmill just gave coldplay a massive talking up. this is a guy who was a big fan for the first 2 albums then turned against them totally after X&Y and i never thought i would hear him say another good word about them. but after watching them he like me has completely changed his mind about them as live performers. i think this week in sydney will forever be known as Coldplay Week!!

Latest Article, just in:

Sound relief hits Sydney and Melbourne

14th March 2009, 12:45 WST

getfile.aspx?Type=image&ID=558625&ObjectType=3&ObjectID=270464

arts_cont;tile=6;sz=300x600;ord=123456789?

Australian rock lovers are in for a big trip down memory lane as performers from more than three decades hit the stage at Saturday's Sound Relief concerts in Melbourne and Sydney. Some iconic Aussie bands - including Midnight Oil and Hunters & Collectors - are getting back together for one night only in aid of the victims of Victoria's devastating bushfires and Queensland's floods.

In Melbourne, the music gets under way at the MCG from midday with Jet, who broke through in 2004 with the single Are You Gonna Be My Girl, followed by young pop sensation Gabriella Cilmi.

Augie March and Wolfmother will also play to the 80,000 strong crowd, along with Paul Kelly and Split Enz and international acts Kings of Leon and Jack Johnson.

Pop princess Kylie Minogue has flown in from London to be the show's "special MC".

All profits from the $75 a head event will go to the Bushfire Fund Appeal.

Singer Chris Martin says he feels like an honorary Australian after his band Coldplay opened the Sydney Sound Relief bushfire benefit concert.

The UK superstars, who took to the stage at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) just after midday (AEDT) on Saturday, later cemented their `Aussie credentials' when they were joined on stage by John Farnham.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to sing the Australian national anthem, John Farnham," Martin said.

With Coldplay as his backing band, Farnham led a crowd of thousands in a rousing rendition of You're The Voice.

Martin opened the set with an extended intro of Viva La Vida before launching their huge hit Yellow as dozens of yellow balloons bounced around the audience.

"Today, is the only day we can claim to be honorary Australians," Martin said.

Cricketer Shane Warne appeared onstage, while actress Toni Collette and her baby daughter Sage were among the crowd who paid $75 a ticket to attend the benefit bash.

Half the profits will go to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal, the other half to The Premier's Disaster Relief Fund Appeal in Queensland for victims of the recent floods.

The Sydney concert is being held simultaneously with one in Melbourne. Together they are expected to raise more than $5 million.

Wolfmother were the second act to take the Sydney stage, playing hits including Woman and Colossal.

"I'm very proud to be a part of this event," frontman Andrew Stockdale told the media before the show.

"It's an enormous, historical moment ...

"That just shows what this country does: it gets behind people when they are down and out, and tries to help."

At the other end of the day, Bee Gee Barry Gibb will close the show with some of his famous hits, as well as a special performance with Olivia Newton-John.

1980s band Icehouse have reformed for the benefit, You Am I and Hoodoo Gurus are sure to be crowd favourites, while Jet and the new-look Wolfmother will take to the stage in Melbourne and Sydney.

Dance duo The Presets, US country sensation Taylor Swift, and Perth bands Eskimo Joe and Little Birdy are among the other big names on the bill.

Profits from the Sydney concert will be split between the Victorian bushfire and Queensland flood relief efforts.

AAP

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=129980

Chris Martin runs through the crowd and gets chased during "Fix You" performance

Chris Martin runs through the crowd during "Fix You" for the "Sound Relief" benefit concert in Australia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HS5PIEmCAs]YouTube - Coldplay - Chris Martin gets chased by the crowd on live Fix you 2009 Performance in Australia.[/ame]

Quite fast? Isnt it?

ps: running process starts at 2: 50

Edit :

Coldplay and John Farnham live " YOURE THE VOICE " performance!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH0q91RUTyk]YouTube - Coldplay - John Farnham + Coldplay Live 'You're The Voice' performance at Sound Relief Gig[/ame]

Oh Michie, you know if that was Jonny running through the crowd you'd be all up in that!!!!

OMG where???

:escaping: :escaping::escaping::escaping::escaping::escaping::escaping::escaping::escaping::escaping: <---Jonny, followed by Mich, Lori, Ang, Mel, Min, Jess, Viri, Kara, Mari

:P