🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

17-May-2009: Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA, USA

any of the people lining up for the pit: are you guys going to try to hang around the back entrance & try to meet them? if so what time are you going to get there? my mom doesn't want me to do it, but first of all I'm 20, and second, other coldplayers will be there, and I see nothing wrong with it!

Don't worry greeneyes, I'm old enough to BE your mom:dozey: so tell her it's OK, I'll watch out for ya!:)

I want to!! But my G/F is not a huge coldplay fan :( and my other friend i'm going with is not a huge one either....

Let me know what time people want to show up and I'll try my hardest...

BTW... I'm 26 and my g/f is 21... so no worries! Never to young to be a COLDPLAY fan! Heck.. we'll buy ya a beer :o

Is everyone still planning on bringing the yellow glow-sticks? But my GF (ChloeJade, shes posted on this thread a cpl of times) and I will be out there as early as possible to secure a good spot in the pit. Im a huge CP fan, but the GF is not as much as me (sorry chloe). Were going to a ATL Braves game during the day and heading over to the amphitheater after the game. I'm 19, 5-10, blond hair. GF is 17, attractive, dirty blond. Would love to enjoy a beer with whoever. Also, I'm bringing some disposable flasks which are pretty convenient. :laugh3:

Okay all you babes in the woods......I'll be there with a friend who isn't much of a fan AT ALL!, so I'll definitely need to connect with some fun Coldplayers. I'll bring some extra glow sticks and some vino (clevery disguised in a red Solo cup) into the parking lot for the wait if anyone wants to share.;)

Connecting with other people from the boards once we're actually in line also makes it easier to leave for a little while to take a bathroom break or refresh that flask without permanently losing your place in line. Most of us took breaks from the really early que at the warchild gig and it worked out beautifully. ~Kelly

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry greeneyes, I'm old enough to BE your mom:dozey: so tell her it's OK, I'll watch out for ya!:)[/color]

Okay all you babes in the woods......I'll be there with a friend who isn't much of a fan AT ALL!, so I'll definitely need to connect with some fun Coldplayers. I'll bring some extra glow sticks and some vino (clevery disguised in a red Solo cup) into the parking lot for the wait if anyone wants to share.;)

Connecting with other people from the boards once we're actually in line also makes it easier to leave for a little while to take a bathroom break or refresh that flask without permanently losing your place in line. Most of us took breaks from the really early que at the warchild gig and it worked out beautifully. ~Kelly

i'll be there with my wife and her sister. i'm 30 (look 25 - or so i hope :) ), bald head, 6'1". my wife is 5'10" long brownish blond hair, my sister-in-law is 5'10" also with really short blond hair and very skinny... you won't be able to miss us. i'll be going nuts and they'll look at me like im]'m an idiot. my name is lee. i hope to get there by 5:00. pit as well. i cannot wait! i need to sell 3 tickets before coming in too!

oh yeah, here's to a long, different setlist with a lot of older x&y stuff!

yes please!!

I just realized how close the concert is!! 4 days! it's crazy!

I need to hurry up with my poster & tshirt I'm making..

anyone know of a good poster ( not for the concert, for before to try to meet them), that would catch their eye? like a witty saying? I'm so bad at coming up with any

I think on my tshirt, I'm going to have all the dates of concerts I've been to/going to, ( probably the bacK), and the front I think I'm going to do: I <3 Coldplay. is that lame? any other ideas?

Yeah and what kspiller said ^ about meetin up so if some have to leave and go get more drinks/bathroom breaks/etc, so we can save eachothers spot in line.

Does anyone know exactly how the line system works anyways? Do we wait inside the ampitheater or outside the whole complex?

Warm weather brings Coldplay

Band will hand out free CDs at Lakewood Amphitheater Sunday

image_8567605.jpg

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin doesn’t know if Michael Stipe will be on hand when Coldplay returns to Atlanta Sunday, but having R.E.M.’s lead singer sit in with Martin’s band back in 2005 was “a front man’s wet dream,” Martin says.

One might imagine the admiration goes both ways, considering the triple-Grammy-winning, multimillion-selling success of Coldplay’s latest album, “Viva La Vida.”

The extended tour that began almost a year ago to support the album brought Coldplay to Atlanta last November, and brings them back to perform at the Lakewood Amphitheater Sunday. In a recent telephone interview from Los Angeles, Martin talked about selling out arenas and the thunderstorm in the Abu Dhabi desert that greeted one of Coldplay’s recent outdoor concerts: “I think it was God telling us to shut up.”

The free album you’re handing out at the concert, is it a download?

It’s a physical album; it’s an actual CD.

How primitive.

It’s archaic, but it also looks very nice; it’s a nice present. It’s a way of saying thanks for liking Coldplay.

Considering illegal downloads, don’t listeners already get enough free music?

Anyone who is already at the concert has given us more than enough. In fact, we’re thinking about offering a free baby-sitting service.

Speaking of baby-sitting, is Apple [his daughter with wife Gwyneth Paltrow] going to see her godfather Simon Pegg [who plays Scotty] in ‘Star Trek?’

She’s little bit too little I think.

I read that your prep-school band the Rockin’ Honkies was booed.

That’s a combination of two stories. I was in a band called the Rockin’ Honkies. We had no idea of what the word ‘honkie’ meant. We were in the middle-of-nowhere England. It was a rhythm and blues band. They were very popular. I was in another band at the same time.

Called what?

I can’t tell you that. I was booed and hissed. But recently there was a guy backstage at a Coldplay show, and I realized it was a kid from my school, and he was one of the kids who had booed me off.

Did you confront him?

I should have, but he was a little fat and a little bald, and a little drunken so I didn’t. I did, however, have his tires let down.

What’s the deal with the gaffer’s tape on the fingers?

Ah, you haven’t been paying attention. I’ve moved on to bracelets. It’s what all the soft rockers are wearing now.

Is Coldplay a stadium rock band?

No. Only U2, the Stones and Bruce Springsteen are stadium rockers. We could play a stadium, but no one would be there.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/music/c...xntlid=thbz_hm

Competition:

Coldplay-664.png

dave fm is bringing Coldplay to Lakewood Amphitheatre this Sunday, May 17, and we are the only radio station getting you up-close-and-personal with the band... in fact, we're putting you ON-STAGE during the performance, and giving you a meet-and-greet with the band.

Here's how to register...

Between Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (05/12 - 05/14) when you hear dave fm play ANY Coldplay song, just text the word WIN to 22929. The 500th text we receive wins a pair of tickets to the show, and is qualified for the Grand Prize experience to sit on-stage during the concert and meet with the band.

If you're not into texting, use the alternate form of registration by clicking on the link below.

Good luck from your Coldplay station, 929 dave fm.

CLICK HERE FOR ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY!

http://www.929dave.fm/pages/4381002.php

Trading a PIT pair for a great reserve pair

I've got a pair in the PIT, but taking my daughter and therefore looking for a great reserve pair in the first few rows of 101-103, any takers?

Everybody ready for the new setlist!? :D:D

Check the 15 May show for updates on Friday night! ;)

I dont think Im going to look at the setlist. :wink3: kinda want it to be a suprise...but it will be tough

99x is still going on, everyday they have a different song & time to listen out for it. like today was Clocks in the 1:00 hour, Tuesday was The Scientist at 3:00 hour...so yeah..

I want t be surprised by the set list too! especially since I'm going to the Birmingham show as well, but I'll probably accidentally read something about a song they haven't played in a long time or something..it'll be hard!

I dont think Im going to look at the setlist. :wink3: kinda want it to be a suprise...but it will be tough

yeah, no setlists for me! it's easy since it's really only 2 days.

I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS SHOW!!! I will be even more so when I sell my 3 extra tickets.