✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

17-May-2009: Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA, USA

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is going on?

Now there's good tix available for some concerts!!!!

YEAH

I have no idea! I don't get their reasoning, if they have any, at all.

so the people who bought "shitty" $90 seats, can now buy "better" ones? and you can't return tickets right???

it pisses me off! argh!

It happened with many shows it seems... I got upgraded 20 rows in Houston, from Sec. 102, Row EE to Sec. 102 Row H... It's bullcrap in a way, but hey, I should be able to sell the other seat and now I'm center section much closer!

YEAH

I have no idea! I don't get their reasoning, if they have any, at all.

so the people who bought "shitty" $90 seats, can now buy "better" ones? and you can't return tickets right???

it pisses me off! argh!

That's what they do. It's not fair, but apparently is completely legal. :angry:

Glad I haven't bought a ticket for West Palm Beach.

Oh, and don't get me started on Tampa, whose seating chart now show a PIT

WTF!!!????

ahhh

so frustrating!

makes me want to buy tickets to somewhere else just in case working with oxfam doesn't give me a super close seat..like last time, but I have faith in this time, and I'll tell them about last time ..

lola, where did you signup to work with oxfam?

So far, West Palm Beach.

I applied 3 weeks ago. I know the earliest they might contact me is around April 25.

Now that Snow Patrol is opening for the June concerts, I'm gonna apply for New Orleans.

I just wonder if I can tell them that I can fly in, I was planning to go to NOLA this summer anyway, so what better time than June 6 :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
ONE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

you're a trip. i was driving last night and looked down at my clock at 6:26. i just started beaming knowing it was 1 month and 4 minutes from the time the gates open! i can't wait. i haven't been looking at setlists so maybe i'll be a little surprised. are your seats in the pit? what time are showing up?

you're a trip. i was driving last night and looked down at my clock at 6:26. i just started beaming knowing it was 1 month and 4 minutes from the time the gates open! i can't wait. i haven't been looking at setlists so maybe i'll be a little surprised. are your seats in the pit? what time are showing up?

yay! that's awesome! I hope the setlist changes from their 1st leg of this tour since they've already been to most of these places they're about to go to. my seats aren't in the pit..I don't know what section it is right now, I need to check, but hopefully I'll be working with oxfam so mayyybe that means pit for me? so I'm not sure when I'm showing up, but either way, it'll be early so I can hopefully hear the sound check and everything.

yay! that's awesome! I hope the setlist changes from their 1st leg of this tour since they've already been to most of these places they're about to go to. my seats aren't in the pit..I don't know what section it is right now, I need to check, but hopefully I'll be working with oxfam so mayyybe that means pit for me? so I'm not sure when I'm showing up, but either way, it'll be early so I can hopefully hear the sound check and everything.

very nice. what time do they normally do sound check? you can only hear it from outside the gate, right? i've noticed some people posting videos of soundchecks, maybe they're with oxfam?

Selling Tickets

I have my 3 Atlanta tickets on ebay for sale. I paid $400.06 for them, they are very good seats (section 205, row JJ, 3 seats). I only have them listed for $350.00 and after 4 days, there are 9 viewers, 2 watchers, and no bids. Am I an idiot for freaking out and trying to sell for a loss with 3 weeks left until the concert? Can I bring them there and sell them to scalpers for face value? I need some input, just don't want to get stuck with them or lose a lot of money on them. On top of that, I have 4 sets of 2 for Charlotte to sell. Dear Lord what have I done?

I have my 3 Atlanta tickets on ebay for sale. I paid $400.06 for them, they are very good seats (section 205, row JJ, 3 seats). I only have them listed for $350.00 and after 4 days, there are 9 viewers, 2 watchers, and no bids. Am I an idiot for freaking out and trying to sell for a loss with 3 weeks left until the concert? Can I bring them there and sell them to scalpers for face value? I need some input, just don't want to get stuck with them or lose a lot of money on them. On top of that, I have 4 sets of 2 for Charlotte to sell. Dear Lord what have I done?

hey, at least you have viewers and watchers, lol, when I put my charlotte ones on there, NO ONE even viewed them

try putting them on stubhub.com. I put my charlotte ones on there and it seems like alot of people put tickets on there, and it tells you how much people have sold theirs for, etc. it seems to be promising.

*And if anyone wants to volunteer @ the Birmingham show, PLEASE sign up! there's not enough volunteers yet, so that means it's guaranteed you'll be able to do it.

oh, and I want to try to meet Coldplay before the concert, like wait around the venue & stuff, possibly hear/see the soundcheck.....if anyone wants to do this, let me know so maybe we could do it together and have something that says Coldplaying <3's Coldplay, or something regarding the postcards, etc.

Hi greeneyes,

I'm flying to Atlanta for the show and I'll be showing up early to get a good spot in the pit. I have been sort of wondering what banner I should make for this show....

anyway, depending on how early you make it to the venue, I'm easy to recognize...I have very short, very blond hair.

From your avi it looks like I am a leeeeetle bit older than you:P -but if you don't mind hanging out with a 40 something coldplayer, be sure to say Hi! ~~Kelly

Hi greeneyes,

I'm flying to Atlanta for the show and I'll be showing up early to get a good spot in the pit. I have been sort of wondering what banner I should make for this show....

anyway, depending on how early you make it to the venue, I'm easy to recognize...I have very short, very blond hair.

From your avi it looks like I am a leeeeetle bit older than you:P -but if you don't mind hanging out with a 40 something coldplayer, be sure to say Hi! ~~Kelly

It's perfectly cool! I haven't figured out when I'm going to get there...I might go the day before and scope out locations, etc.

I've been trying to think of clever ideas involving lyrics for a poster, but so far "I'll always be waiting for you" seems stalkerish and I don't want to be avoided by anyone in the Coldplay crew.

I was also thinking something like "did you get my postcard from far away?", but I'm not so sure....I have time though...21 days to be exact! :)

Bummer, but I would think you could sell them at the venue and recoup SOME of your $ if not all....

i think that's what i'll do. it's amazing that they won't sell. to get seats to the last atlanta show, i had to pay over $200 each for 25 rows back. now i can't give away 3 seats that are closer than that.

There's just too much a flood of tickets I think since they released better seats and everyone is trying to get rid of their other ones, lol. I mean, you search coldplay on ebay and it's almost all tickets... I think all those stupid scalpers will get screwed... I hope so, it will teach them a lesson...

As for us honest types, I think once it gets closer to the show, more people will look...

It's perfectly cool! I haven't figured out when I'm going to get there...I might go the day before and scope out locations, etc.

I've been trying to think of clever ideas involving lyrics for a poster, but so far "I'll always be waiting for you" seems stalkerish and I don't want to be avoided by anyone in the Coldplay crew.

I was also thinking something like "did you get my postcard from far away?", but I'm not so sure....I have time though...21 days to be exact! :)

I love the "postcards" banner idea....I think that might get them to stop when pulling into the venue or come out during soundcheck better than any other sign.

At the Detroit show in Nov. I changed some words from LIJ and put on a banner & Chris sang it that way. I'm gonna put my thinking cap on to try to come up with a cool design. Let me know if you've got any ideas and we can bounce them off each other. 18 days ! ~~Kelly