✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-May-2009: Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT, USA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, i really think you should buy TODAY. this is a small venue, and it seems as though a lot of people were in the presale...i think there is a STRONG, STRONG possibility that most everything worth having will be GONE by tomorrow morning and you'll either be sitting on the lawn with the drunkards and coldplay miles away, or you won't be going at all. i have experience with this: they're not withholding the "good" seats until tomorrow, it's just that the luck of the draw hasn't given you any seats in those sections because you're searching for more than one seat at a time. if you want to ensure that you're going, BUY SEMI-CRAPPY SEATS TODAY. then, if you REALLY are that concerned about being close, buy better ones on stubhub.com and sell the old ones (or keep an eye out for roadies...it worked for me :P).

seriously, though, i would imagine you'd rather be there, or be there in chairs SOMEWHERE than not be there at all or be there on the lawn. you could get lucky tomorrow, it's true, but i think it's dangerous to rely on that if you're set on going and if pris is going to fly up especially for this. people are going to be slowly eating away at the seat pickings all day, so your chances for getting ANYTHING worthwhile tomorrow goes way down by the laws of probability. like i say, i could be wrong, but your chances of seats are much slimmer tomorrow. i say go for semi-crappy seats now: keep in mind this is a small venue! the worst seat in an ampitheater is miles better than an average seat in an arena!

I just checked and got the same type of seats. I tried 1ticket at a time, and got sec300 rowW. Still no 200 AT ALL.:bomb:

Why is it so damn hard? I mean I KNOW people are gonna be sitting in the "good" spots, who the hell are they sleeping with?!?!:angry:

a lot of the people in the good seats ARE sleeping with high-up people. when i saw them there the first time, i got good seats (though on the side, so not as good as they could have been) because i have connections with the number-two in command of british airways. not ALL the seats in those sections are reserved like that, but ticket brokers buy the good seats like that and sell them to high-up people. in smaller venues, it's harder to sit there if you don't know someone. it's just the way the biz works, unfortunately.

I'm fairly positive the lower tickets (100, 200, 300) were not released today otherwise there would be listings on stubhub and ebay already. There's only 13 listings on Stubhub for tickets in those sections and they are mostly in the upper rows of those sections. Even the best single ticket was in row W towards the sides.

Edit: I just calculated the extra fees are $38.05 total for a $97.50 ticket. That's friggin ridiculous. I don't know who sucks more now, Ticketmaster of Live Nation.

This was posted in the "presales are bull" thread. This person called to Livenation's customer service, and what he was told completely agrees with what you said.

Originally posted by kmm1482

I just talked to them. The lady said if I call back tomorrow morning that they could probably give me a refund. She said Coldplay's people only give them certain sections to presell. EEEEEVERY seat is available tomorrow morning. So I'm gonna call back at exactly 10 and see if they can, instead of a refund, just switch me tickets (it doesn't sound like something they'd do, but I'll be persistant)

This was posted in the "presales are bull" thread. This person called to Livenation's customer service, and what he was told completely agrees with what you said.

oh, well that makes me feel better for you guys! :dance:

but i just talked to zoe, who's friend did the same thing as you guys for the MA show (waited till the general sale the day after the presale in hopes of getting something better) and couldn't get anything better than the lawn....:uhoh:. i've also done a similar thing two other times with other concerts. i don't mean to be discouraging, only realistic. i don't want anyone's hopes to completely crash tomorrow...personally i like to convince myself that things aren't going to work out so if they do work out, it's a nice surprise, and if they don't....well, i expected it anyway :\

won tickets are usually pretty good! that's another reason a lot of the good ones aren't for presale: they're already taken by radio stations and the like. CONGRATS!!

thanks! im hoping they are good, but if not i still have the ones i bought. i really wasnt thrilled with them but i figured it was better than being on the lawn (esp if it rains) and i did not expect to win tickets too or i would have never spent money on them! i hear different things from different people. some say ill prob get good seats and some say that ill get lawn tickets. ill find out soon enough i guess!

haha, i know i do, but it makes me feel better in the long run :P. i just want you guys to be there and be happyyyyyy...

yeah, i think you'll either get really good seats or lawn ones, but i think you'll get good ones ;). and sell the others! to someone here on CPing or on stubhub...you could even make some good money off them! most seats on stubhub will be for lawn seats, so if you put them up for a fair price, i'll bet they'll sell :D

Don't worry Chelsea... we will be there, and we are all going to meet up, have an awesome time, and do some stalking afterward! I know what you mean though, sometimes I do the same thing-- I try really hard not to psych myself up in case it doesn't work out so I'm not disappointed. But I have a really good feeling about this, Coldplay Karma will make sure it's all okay! :P