✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzy, that's pretty cool that you've gotten to meet Damon before! I'm glad to hear he's a great guy to talk to :). It always makes me feel better when I hear how cool a celebrity I like is with their fans.

It seems to me like people working in the music industry have forgotten that fans still buy CDs or vinyl so there aren't many not-so-popular albums in stock. You do have to look pretty hard if you want to find a CD by an alternative artist. :bomb:

I know! I mean, yeah, downloading's quite popular and I've done it myself, but I've only downloaded because I couldn't find the actual album at that time. If I had a really good CD store with a wide variety of music, about the only time I'd even bother downloading anything would be to make a mix CD for myself or a friend. Otherwise I'd just keep on buying music every chance I got.

And thank you! I hope it works out for you, too!

You're welcome, and thanks!

Looks like an exciting meetup you guys have planned here.

Thom Yorke said that he wished he's written Girls and Boys...

It's such a great song...

Really?

*Tries to imagine Thom Yorke singing "Girls and Boys"* Hm.

I do like that song. It's so...bouncy. And funny.

Oh, I can now imagine yorke singing it...kinda strange really

Very strange indeed. Kind of a funny thought, though.

I remember hearing it on the brit awards and going...wowww; they've still got it!

they were so handsome when they were young..they still are now!

They sure were. Looking at the little retrospective bit about them I was like, "Ooooh. Damon's a cutie!"

^ 4 times :wacky:

yeah i am hoping i can snag a backstage pass. damon's management knows about the blog i run for him but i don't want to get my hopes up you know? plus i'd feel bad if my friends can't meet him too :(

WOW, ok I did not know that at all! :lol: Yea, I get what you mean, all you can do is just wish you get to meet him again (how many people can say that!? haha) and leave it at that I guess. What kind of 'aura' does he give off when you meet him? If you see what I mean, like does he have charisma, or like does he seem like any person you could talk to in the street, that kind of thing :lol:

Ooooh are you going too!? How exciting! Who else is going here? Sorry I have been out of the loop :lol:
YES :dance: Can't wait to meet you! :dance: Lizzy, you, Louise and me are going so far. Hopefully others can come, too!

Thom Yorke said that he wished he's written Girls and Boys...

It's such a great song...

And they still gat it, even at the 2012 brits they rocked it!

I LOVE BLUR

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere. Isn't it awesome when fandoms collide? I nearly melted haha. :D

I don't think Dara (hockles) is going.. :( I wish she was.

I'm so exited to meet both of you!!! We need to beat some bitches to the front :p Not afraid to fight some old people lmao.

Awww no! I want her to be there. :(

And yes, can't wait for it! We'll talk about getting to the front closer to the date. I'll ask some friends who were down at the front (dead centre, too, if I'm not wrong) and report. :sneaky: WE CAN DO IT... AND WE WILL :awesome:

yeah i am hoping i can snag a backstage pass. damon's management knows about the blog i run for him but i don't want to get my hopes up you know? plus i'd feel bad if my friends can't meet him too :(

I think you should go no matter what if you get the pass. I understand you'd feel bad if your friends won't be able to go but... I'm sure everyone will understand. It's not like you'd do it out of being selfish or anything. You're not like that. Also,

perhaps we could give him a little something to show our appreciation for him and the band? Not sure if that's a good or a creepy idea but... Idk, it could be a nice thing to do if we couldn't meet none of them but could ask Smoggy to pass it on or something lol.

YES :dance: Can't wait to meet you! :dance: Lizzy, you, Louise and me are going so far. Hopefully others can come, too!

And yes, can't wait for it! We'll talk about getting to the front closer to the date. I'll ask some friends who were down at the front (dead centre, too, if I'm not wrong) and report. :sneaky: WE CAN DO IT... AND WE WILL :awesome:

perhaps we could give him a little something to show our appreciation for him and the band? Not sure if that's a good or a creepy idea but... Idk, it could be a nice thing to do if we couldn't meet none of them but could ask Smoggy to pass it on or something lol.

yes you too! I am on my own travelling to this basically :lol: I don't know anyone who likes Blur enough tbh, my brother would have gone probably, but he didnt really want to spend that much. But I was determined to go, even if I had to go on my own :lol: saddd but true. Are you going with anyone you know?

Haha, I would love to get near the front too! Its the only place to be.

I think that is a really good idea, I will have a think about what that could be as well....

I'm travelling on my own, too, but I'll meet up with a friend on Saturday and hopefully Lizzy and Louise and other fans from Tumblr ASAP. Another person I know is going to be there but I'm not sure if I'd like to hang out with them.

Anyway, if you happen to be in London before Sunday, you can hang out with me if you want! And we'll see each other at the gig anyway. :nice:

Like you, I decided to go and not care about travelling on my own. I've done enough travels like that to feel okay with it, although London will probably be a nightmare this August. :lol: I just hope I won't get too annoyed by Saturday as I'll basically explore the city in my own company. :blank: :lol:

Ah ok thats cool :) I mean I am not exactly travelling from far away, it only takes me about an hour to get to London from where I live, so I wont be staying anywhere in London, I will travel to London on the sunday and go home afterwards on the sunday :lol: but thankyou for the offer! Thats very kind of you, but yes, I will see you at the 'main event' :wacky:

It sounds as if you are coming from a bit further away then me, and staying there for a couple days?

Oh I see. I wish I lived only an hour away from London! :bomb:

Yeah, I'm coming from Slovenia and I'll be staying from Friday to Monday or Tuesday, not sure yet. I'd like at least one day for the touristy things, one day for queuing and another for chilling/wailing/being happy/fangirling etc. :mellow:

Oh I see. I wish I lived only an hour away from London! :bomb:

Yeah, I'm coming from Slovenia and I'll be staying from Friday to Monday or Tuesday, not sure yet. I'd like at least one day for the touristy things, one day for queuing and another for chilling/wailing/being happy/fangirling etc. :mellow:

Ah ok quite a bit further then me then :lol: I thought you was coming from somewhere in England because of the flag under your name on here haha. Ah ok :) that will be lovely! Well if you are unsure of what to visit while you are there, just ask me! I will be more then happy to suggest a couple of places :nice:

I'm off to Hyde Park. So excited. Listened to nothing but Blur since I got my ticket.

What's your blog called?

Awesome! :dance:

I haven't listened to them that much since then BUT I'm so excited I cannot put my thoughts into words. All I can say is "I'm so excited you don't even know," but there are so many feelings and expectations about the show (and generally about being in England) that even if I could explain, nobody would know what exactly it feels like. :weirdo:

Awesome! :dance:

I haven't listened to them that much since then BUT I'm so excited I cannot put my thoughts into words. All I can say is "I'm so excited you don't even know," but there are so many feelings and expectations about the show (and generally about being in England) that even if I could explain, nobody would know what exactly it feels like. :weirdo:

Aww :) I have listened to all their albums over the past few days haha, so keen.

I hope you have an amazing trip :nice:

I cannot wait either....I am not surprised there would not be a new album tbh, in a weird way. Its just that Damon gets too restless, he always likes to do something new, Dave has his new career, in law, Alex has got his work and life on his farm being a farmer and all that..and Graham, well I imagine him too like Damon, has his own musical things he wants to do away from Blur, carrying on with his own stuff or collaborating. Lets just be happy they are doing this....because I personally never thought I would see them live :) so just really excited for this.. even if nothing else happens.

I'm travelling on my own, too, but I'll meet up with a friend on Saturday and hopefully Lizzy and Louise and other fans from Tumblr ASAP. Another person I know is going to be there but I'm not sure if I'd like to hang out with them.

Anyway, if you happen to be in London before Sunday, you can hang out with me if you want! And we'll see each other at the gig anyway. :nice:

Like you, I decided to go and not care about travelling on my own. I've done enough travels like that to feel okay with it, although London will probably be a nightmare this August. :lol: I just hope I won't get too annoyed by Saturday as I'll basically explore the city in my own company. :blank: :lol:

lol who is this person? :lol: need the goss, private message me. yeah tho hang out with who you want, that's certainly what i will be doing :)

I'm off to Hyde Park. So excited. Listened to nothing but Blur since I got my ticket.

What's your blog called?

this is my blog:

http://damonalbarn.tumblr.com/

lol who is this person? :lol: need the goss, private message me. yeah tho hang out with who you want, that's certainly what i will be doing :)

this is my blog:

http://damonalbarn.tumblr.com/

You should be immensely proud of that blog, the thing's a work of art!

Just out of interest, I was looking through, and I saw Damon's opinion on a few artists, namely Paul McCartney... Do you know what he thinks of Coldplay? Couldn't imagine he'd like them much...

Ohh yessssss :lol: :D I definately know who you are now. I am really sorry, but can I be reminded of your name? Have you changed your on screen name on this forum? I havent been on here for a very long time so I think thats why I am confused :lol: