✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It switched to ITV4 suddenly, ITV1's broadcast just cut off at 10pm I think. Anyway, I watched it all on TV and loved it. Really wanna see them live. Giving the Hyde Park CD another listen. Huge fan of live albums, this being one of my favourite of the last few years.

I've been a casual Blur fan for a while now (I only really know the hits) but now that they're making a comeback I think it's a good time to get into their songs. I too am a fan of live albums so I will give that one a listen :D

So I finally got round to watch the Brits and I loved Blur's performance from start to end, Blur-wise. However, I do think Damon wasn't at his best when it came to singing but we all know he can do so much better (and will when the right time comes). It felt a bit like the old days (considering Alex's stories from their early days :laugh3:) but I feel like it was a response to the general sentiment in the hall - Adele fans booing (srsly, this woman has no class, diss me however you want), James (?) cutting her off like that - it really was awkward both for her and Blur (I felt sorry for both of them, actually), so no wonder Girls & Boys were a bit shabby..

No hard feelings on my part, though. :)

Yeah seriously they had to open the song with booing from Adele fans. Besides G&B, Parklife, Song 2 are all songs that don't show his vocals anyway, they are more about getting into the song and getting things fired up. Tender and This is a Low his vocals were great on as to be expected.

Anyway I got my Blur tickets on Wed :D HYDE PARK!

The other two songs were amazing. :nice:

They sure were. I just watched them on YouTube, since Fuse didn't see fit to include them in our broadcast *Glares at TV*. Definitely fantastic.

"Tender" was just gorgeous. The ending portion in particular...I actually got chills. That's my favorite Blur song.

So far I only own Blur and 13 album-wise, and know various songs from the other albums. But I'm working on buying up the rest of their catalog. Times like this I wish we had a really cool CD store in my town.

Congrats on getting the tickets!!! :dance: I'll try my luck tomorrow. Ugh :bomb:

Good luck! I'm so jealous of you guys over in England.

I watched those on Youtube as well as I couldn't find a working livestream and I had to go anyway. It's a shame they didn't play those songs first but oh well. True fans know the band still have it. :'))))

I know how it is when there isn't any good music shop in your town. I live in a place like that! You can always order the albums on Amazon or Ebay or ask in any of the music shops nearby if they could order it for you. I do hope it works out!

And thanks. Managed to get the tickets (it's an epic story and my friend and I almost ended up having NO tickets but luck was on our side). Now all I need to do is book a hostel and the flights. :wacko:

It switched to ITV4 suddenly, ITV1's broadcast just cut off at 10pm I think. Anyway, I watched it all on TV and loved it. Really wanna see them live. Giving the Hyde Park CD another listen. Huge fan of live albums, this being one of my favourite of the last few years.

Of course the ITV News at 10 always have to take preference, it can not be even 1 second late or hell will open and destroy the earth.

I watched those on Youtube as well as I couldn't find a working livestream and I had to go anyway. It's a shame they didn't play those songs first but oh well. True fans know the band still have it. :'))))

Oh, yeah, absolutely :). I usually think it best not to judge a band's performance by an appearance at an awards show or certain TV programs or whatever. And acoustics, or how old one's TV is, or whatever, those can always screw with the sound quality and such, too. I know my TV was doing that throughout most of the show, when I saw various performances from bands I liked online it sounded a hell of a lot better.

Blur wouldn't have lasted as long if they didn't have the talent to back themselves up, I figure.

I know how it is when there isn't any good music shop in your town. I live in a place like that! You can always order the albums on Amazon or Ebay or ask in any of the music shops nearby if they could order it for you. I do hope it works out!

It's very frustrating, yeah-I'm more than happy to buy actual physical copies of albums and help properly support artists. But it's kinda hard to do that when there's not much in the way of places to buy them FROM. I'm definitely planning on looking around on Amazon and whatnot and seeing what all's available, though-thank goodness for online retail in those cases. Thanks!

And thanks. Managed to get the tickets (it's an epic story and my friend and I almost ended up having NO tickets but luck was on our side). Now all I need to do is book a hostel and the flights. :wacko:

Know that feeling. I'm going through a similar thing right now with a couple of my friends for Coldplay. Good luck with the lodging and plane side of everything, hope you get some really good deals.

It seems to me like people working in the music industry have forgotten that fans still buy CDs or vinyl so there aren't many not-so-popular albums in stock. You do have to look pretty hard if you want to find a CD by an alternative artist. :bomb:

And thank you! I hope it works out for you, too!

I thought their performance at the Brits was ok, I mean the Girls and Boys/Song 2/Parklife trio was alright, I can't really put down the amount of energy Damon put into them songs, his voice however, was not perfect at all. But not as bad as some people were moaning about elsewhere. Tender/This is a Low however, were pretty amazing I thought! Of course these are the sort of songs where Damon can show that he can sing. The rest of the band sounded good too. I got my ticket for Hyde Park too. I can't believe it.

Aww, thanks Lizzy, I am excited to meet you too, as well as anyone in here that is going, and is a Blur fan! Haha! Yeaaaa, that will be interesting to say the least, trying to get near the front :lol: Are you planning to try and find Damon again? You've met him twice now right? :D