✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

Guess what I got for Christmas? NDLTR klfhklwfsnkds,nfk :bomb:

I couldn't stop grinning haha

Awesome! Now you can enjoy and watch it whenever you want :D

tumblr_ldyq0hBzJ41qf0x2fo1_500.jpg

UGH so ok, wow the media is really making a lot of this. I still would love to hear confirmation from one of the guys though. BUT UGH IDK ANYMORE :bomb:

I wish I had seen this :lol:

SLDJFOEWUORIJWEKLRWE

GIRLS, MY MOM BOUGHT ME ALL THE BLUR VINYLS UP TO 13, ORIGINAL ISSUES AND EVERYTHING AND A VINYL PLAYER.

Currently blasting Leisure RIGHT NOW UGHHHH BEST CHRISTMAS EVER :dead:

Wow!! That is so amazing! She is one dedicated present buyer, she must have put so much time and effort into doing that :nice:

I didnt get anything blur related for christmas :lol: but my mum did buy me parklife on CD a while ago :laugh3: anyway, yea that is really amazing, do you think you will get think tank on vinyl yourself now too?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLDJFOEWUORIJWEKLRWE

GIRLS, MY MOM BOUGHT ME ALL THE BLUR VINYLS UP TO 13, ORIGINAL ISSUES AND EVERYTHING AND A VINYL PLAYER.

Currently blasting Leisure RIGHT NOW UGHHHH BEST CHRISTMAS EVER :dead:

That's a great gift. :surprised:

I'm happy for you! It's a real amazing gift. :freak::freak::bomb:

Going through tweedos old posts on the Blur forum today bc I had nothing better to do :P

and I found some quite hilarious posts Graham made about Coldplay ripping off Blur's Sing.

joe_hippy wrote:

Take it as a compliment!

tweedo wrote:

oh i dooooo...i just cant help feeling a little sick tho...i feel nausious and complimented at the same time.

its like being molested by 4 james blunts with a nostril full of the smell of wee.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

BEING MOLESTED BY 4 JAMES BLUNTS! HAHAHAAH

I laughed so fucking hard, oh man Graham ily never change!

http://forums.blur.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=55840&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

We've all abandoned these threads now that everyone is tumblr lol

Just felt that this needed to be in here:

Blur’s Dave Rowntree has said the band will “definitely” do something together again this year.

In an exclusive interview with Gigwise, the drummer said he and his bandmates had been discussing ideas “a lot” over recent weeks.

But he said they had yet to decide whether to record another one-off single like 2010’s ‘Fools Day’, or a full album.

“Who knows that it’s going to end up like,” he said. “What I do know is that we don’t want to commit ourselves to anything vast at the moment.

“We’re dipping our toes in the water, which is why we did the ‘Fool’s Day’ single in the way we did.”

Calls for Blur to release a new studio album, which would be their first since 2003’s ‘Think Tank’, have intensified since guitarist Graham Coxon rejoined the group for a series of gigs in 2009.

In December, singer Damon Albarn revealed that plans were in place to for the band to enter the studio this month.

Rowntree said the group had yet to record any music, but confirmed they were talking and “trying to put something in place”.

“We’ve got all our mates back and that’s the main thing. That’s the one thing we don’t want to lose,” he said.

“So yes, this year I would say something is definitely going to happen. Quite when, I don’t know, and quite what I don’t know – but yes, we’re all back together again and great mates."

http://www.gigwise.com/news/60689/Blur-Will-Definitely-Do-Something-Together-In-2011

aww ilu Dave :heart:

Ah also, now I'm friends with Graham on facebook and he's left Dave a couple messages, definitely think things are in process.

• 1 year later...

Omg it's been over a year since we've posted in this beautiful thread. Such a shame.

Anyway posting the new Blur song, Under the Westway. Friend from twitter, recorded it for us :3

http://damonalbarn.tumblr.com/post/17911524959/lienatik-blur-under-the-westway-live-for

and that's a damon blog i run. i'll be posting all updates there if you care to follow! i won't be on here so yeah :P

Hey, guys. I've not posted in this thread yet but I've been lurking here for a bit and it looks like things are starting to get exciting for Blur fans! :D I can't wait to watch them at the Brits either :awesome:

I've just seen this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150802047420744&set=a.10150575040790744.473539.7151355743&type=1&theater

:awesome:

What did everyone think of their performance at the Brits? Personally I thought it could have been better. Girls & Boys was poor, they should have done Country House or The Universal instead :\ Parklife wasn't their best performance either. However, I was pleased with their choice of This Is A Low as the closer (they only showed it on ITV2 which was a shame). Song 2 and Tender were great as well :D I guess they haven't played live for 3 years so one can hardly blame them for being a bit rusty :laugh3:

Damon's voice is shot (Or was it always? I know a lot of singers emerged from the 90s who could do it in the studio but not live) and he was really struggling to get out what should be some pretty simple notes, he also looked like he was going to pass out.

Other then him the rest didn't sound great either, playing out of time and there were some real tuning issues.