✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music You've Just "Discovered"

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm rediscovering ( if this also counts) the 70s and 80s music, the Smiths, The Cure, AC/DC, The Clash, Simple Minds, Aerosmith, R.E.M...etc.

i'm proud of the fact that i know them since a long time now except some AC/DC songs.

i'm rediscovering ( if this also counts) the 70s and 80s music, the Smiths, The Cure, AC/DC, The Clash, Simple Minds, Aerosmith, R.E.M...etc.

i'm proud of the fact that i know them since a long time now except some AC/DC songs.

The Smiths. :heart:

I've also just recently started listening to some music by R.E.M. A friend actually recommended them. :)

The Smiths. :heart:

I've also just recently started listening to some music by R.E.M. A friend actually recommended them. :)

:)

yeah REM have epic songs, Losing My Religion and Everybody Hurts are absolutely amazing!

Buddy Holly. it seems that when I like a band, I look at their influences, and the influences of those artists, and so on. I've worked my way back to Buddy Holly, through The Beatles, and I'm likin it. Although no one can believe that I listen to buddy holly.

ooooh and Dire Straits. I love Money for Nothing :dance:

Buddy Holly. it seems that when I like a band, I look at their influences, and the influences of those artists, and so on. I've worked my way back to Buddy Holly, through The Beatles, and I'm likin it. Although no one can believe that I listen to buddy holly.

ooooh and Dire Straits. I love Money for Nothing :dance:

I love Buddy Holly. One of the most influential and pioneering rock n rollers of all time.

please please please tell me you know that this is a cover?

I like the Killer's version and all but I hate it when all these fans think that it's The Killer's song.

ooops yea i didnt know it was a cover, but thanks for telling me. I dont listen much to the killers to consider myself a "fan" but im beginning to like some of their songs. they're cool

It's more of a re-discovery...Maroon 5.

I loved them a lot when their first album came out. Now I love them again.

:cheesy:

I LOVE those guys. :nice:

Anyway. My turn.

-The Drums

It's good stuff. Julie had said they were like an indie version of the Beach Boys. Although I don't necessarily agree with that comparison as a whole [When I think Beach Boys, I think of music chockful of vocal harmonies], I can see where she's coming from. I can't wait for their debut LP to come out. The EP will have to do until then, I suppose.

-Civil Twilight

Thank you , Christa, for enlightening me. Their music is really pretty stuff; I love piano. :wacky:

-Midlake

I haven't quite made it all the way through "The Courage of Others," but MY GOD. That album is AMAZING. No, seriously, it's great stuff. If you like stuff like Fleet Foxes and Goldheart Assembly, listen to Midlake. PLEASE. I'm proud to say they hail from the same state as me. :nice:

-Broken Social Scene

I haven't gotten into their stuff extensively yet; I'm really into Midlake at the moment. However, I love what I've heard. I'm sure that under the insistence of Briggins and Mike, I shall get there within due time. :P

-Frightened Rabbit

I have a feeling there'll be times when the singer's voice will take some getting used to. However, the background music is awesome, so I'm willing to do that. If I can get over Win Butler's voice in "Crown of Love" [which I hated for FOREVER], I can get over anything I put my mind to. :laugh4: :P :)

-Paolo Nutini

Yay. He sings and plays sexy Scottish reggae. :laugh4: But seriously, a lot of it has soul elements in there and whatnot, and it's really happy music. He's someone else I'm really hooked on ATM. :)

Oh, and I'd like to take this opportunity to promote Mike (the_gloaming09) and his EP, because I like it. :nice:

• 3 weeks later...
Simon & Garfunkel :)

See you, me, and Julio down by the schoolyard :dance:

I believe Me and Julio is actually a Paul Simon solo song. But, yeah, I like Simon and garfunkel. I'm more of a Paul Simon fan. He's a great song writer. I wouldn't say I am a super fan, but I know and like all the classics. I should dig a little deeper.

Parachutes!

They're music is really unique, but it's kind of similar to Sigur Rós and Jónsi & Alex.

Alex Somers used to be in the band though :nice:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?

fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=66978841&blogId=518303601

My favorite songs of them are:

Homesick

Your Stories

Your Song

Where Were You?

You should definitely check them out! :wacky:

m8kwnp.jpg

I believe Me and Julio is actually a Paul Simon solo song. But, yeah, I like Simon and garfunkel. I'm more of a Paul Simon fan. He's a great song writer. I wouldn't say I am a super fan, but I know and like all the classics. I should dig a little deeper.

yes! sorry. my mistake, I knew that. heard it on the radio yesterday, and I was just thinking, I can see this being my favourite song soon. I'd remembered it from awhile ago, but it just hit me now. the guitar is wonderful, it's just the most upbeat song. I'd been looking into the duo though for the past couple months, and I definitel want to hear more. they're coming to my city in a month but tickets are impossible to get, even with ticket brokers! :(

Swimming With Dolphins, pure bliss:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vozeazb4dFg]YouTube- Jacques Cousteau - Swimming With Dolphins[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRNYNk2hIxE]YouTube- Silhouettes- Swimming With Dolphins[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzcQSpJii4]YouTube- Everything's A Miracle- Swimming With Dolphins[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFrwjdVtMs]YouTube- Swimming With Dolphins - Sunset 1989[/ame]