✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

Great pics.

I really started to like their basist, don't know his name...Mark? And the drummer (Chris?) also kicks ass. That girl Isabela is quite weird, but hm, I don't know her. I don't like the guitarist and I don't know why :dozey: The harpist...is just the harpist :thinking:

You should be listening 'kiss with a fist' :lol:

Doesn't work for me...hm it's just Kiss With A Fist is a very joyful song for me. And The Drumming reminds me of anger and sorrow.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics.

I really started to like their basist, don't know his name...Mark? And the drummer (Chris?) also kicks ass. That girl Isabela is quite weird, but hm, I don't know her. I don't like the guitarist and I don't know why :dozey: The harpist...is just the harpist :thinking:

Isabella is always very gloom and not very smiley with fans... Chris is the drummer and Jim is on bass ^^ (if they haven't replaced him...) and Tom on harp <3

Doesn't work for me...hm it's just Kiss With A Fist is a very joyful song for me. And The Drumming reminds me of anger and sorrow.

KWAF is the song I like less on the album but live it kicks ass actually! I love the version she did at the Hammersmith, with a long intro...was soo cool!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOS0iPuoSeg]YouTube- Florence & The Machine Live @ Hammersmith Apollo - Kiss With A Fist[/ame]

I want to go back :bigcry:

^Looks like someone wasn't wearing a bra with that dress^

Seems to me she has a little corset underneath...:rolleyes:

It's nice that it's not just Florence, and the band which accompanies her, but they're actually mentioned as Florence + The Machine. But I read some where that the first name was meant to be 'Florence Robot Is A Machine' but it was too long. I don't think that would be a good name for the band :thinking: So Florence, Chris and Jim kicks ass, but the third one is sadly not mentioned on articles or on the official website.

I saw that KWAF video, it's really nice but IMO the intro doesn't fit the song.

I liked that she introduced everyone and that she played on the drums it was sweet.

I'm watching Blinding right now. This performance is great, I can't describe it with words.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeWjpB6PB5o]YouTube- Florence + the Machine - Blinding (Rivoli Ballroom Live) HD[/ame]

It's nice that it's not just Florence, and the band which accompanies her, but they're actually mentioned as Florence + The Machine. But I read some where that the first name was meant to be 'Florence Robot Is A Machine' but it was too long. I don't think that would be a good name for the band :thinking: So Florence, Chris and Jim kicks ass, but the third one is sadly not mentioned on articles or on the official website.

She came with the 'Florence Robot is a machine' when she was at first playing gigs alone and one of her friends suggested it (don't think it's Isabella... :thinking: don't remember...).

F+tM is not technically a 'band' per say, it's the recording name of Florence. 'The machine' part is the nickname for the musicians who provide backing music for her voice....but IMO, the spot is really on her. I've never seen an ITV with the musicians, it's always Flo alone (which is not the case for regular bands, even if the frontman is the one talking in 90% case scenario).... But I just as you, I love the fact that she really includes them in the show and the 'band's name :)

I'm watching Blinding right now. This performance is great, I can't describe it with words.

YouTube- Florence + the Machine - Blinding (Rivoli Ballroom Live) HD

It's from the live DVD from the boxset :) You can find all the gig at Rivoli on YT I think, it's a very good show, pretty 'intimate'. But I prefer her performances from the accoustic sessions at Metropolis studio.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eOZXJ_BrNg]YouTube- Florence + The Machine - Between Two Lungs (Acoustic)[/ame]

She came with the 'Florence Robot is a machine' when she was at first playing gigs alone and one of her friends suggested it (don't think it's Isabella... :thinking: don't remember...).

F+tM is not technically a 'band' per say, it's the recording name of Florence. 'The machine' part is the nickname for the musicians who provide backing music for her voice....

Isn't that what I meant? :P

But you're right. Even in the official website. It's about her, her, her then a few sentences about "The Machine". I love Coldplay for that. Some people only see Chtis, but they're really band, not frontman, and the rest.

This acoustic session is brilliant, is it the only song from this session ?

No, there are others

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMDDfSgzVb8]YouTube- Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbBZdDKEbfk]YouTube- Florence + the Machine - Rabbit Heart [Raise It Up] (Acoustic) HD[/ame]

Cosmic love is also on that session, but I don't find it on YT. All these vids are also on the boxset :)

Thank you.

I need that boxset !!

51qHj7TianL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't think they still have it in the 'flotique'... :confused: Camille try to buy it there but it was already out of stock so I bought it for her at the London show, they were selling it there. I found mine in my local fnac, which was the most pleasant surprise, but I haven't seen it there since...If you live in Paris, you could check out stores like Gilbert, Cam saw it there once...

Or maybe on site like amazon or play.com... :shrug:

:(

You will never see me buying something at a fnac except concert tickets. Too expansive.

It's too bad that where I live there nothing else than a fnac and an an other shop like fnac. I used to go to a little music shop with a nice seller (and really cute :blush:). There were everything I wanted, but it closed about one year ago now. Really sad.

Well I will just keep an eye everywhere and if I'm lucky I will find it. Or maybe when I'll be in London, next month.

You're going to res ?

I already told you to stop follow me like that.

I'd love too, but I still have to think about it...

I know, I'm such a bad stalker :shame:

omg Perrrine, you pics are sublime , i love that dress on her, it will be the fall when i see her so her outfits will be all different but these are just so beautiful,,, and the lighting is esquisite

Thank you Christa!! :kiss:

YouTube- Florence + the Machine - Blinding (Rivoli Ballroom Live) HD

You're right, can't find words either! I would have loved to hear it live, this song is so beautiful!

I Googled the boxset and you can get it from amazon but it's £179 and there are only 4 in stock.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lungs-Deluxe-Box-Florence-Machine/dp/B002TF53DI]Lungs (Deluxe Box Set): Florence + The Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Music[/ame]

You're right, can't find words either! I would have loved to hear it live, this song is so beautiful!

She didn't do blinding?? With the veil covering her face?

I Googled the boxset and you can get it from amazon but it's £179 and there are only 4 in stock.

Lungs (Deluxe Box Set): Florence + The Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Music

:shocked2: the price is insane!! I've paid mine for about 40 € and the one I bought for Camille at the show was only at 15£....

Amazon is robbing people!

^What's in this box? I'm curious

She didn't do blinding?? With the veil covering her face?

No she didn't :sad:

I would have loved to hear it instead of My boy builds coffin or Kiss with a fist, but oh well it was still a fantastic show!

And I can't believe she's just 22 :stunned:

This is what it says on Amazon: 3CD + DVD

-The album Lungs

-Exclusive Rarities, B sides, Cover Versions & Remixes

-Full performance of Florence + The Machine live at Abbey Road

-DVD full performance of Florence + the Machine live at the Rivoli Ballroom, London.

-Special acoustic performances & music videos

-An essay on Lungs written by Florence’s favourite new author David Vann

-Exclusive unseen pictures including some from Florence’s personal collection

-Images from Florence’s personal note book

^What's in this box? I'm curious

Lungs-%283CD-&-DVD-Boxset%29.jpg

Disc 1 (CD)

1. Dog Days Are Over

2. Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

3. I'm Not Calling You A Liar

4. Howl

5. Kiss With A Fist

6. Girl With One Eye

7. Drumming Song

8. Between Two Lungs

9. Cosmic Love

10. My Boy Builds Coffins

11. Hurricane Drunk

12. Blinding

13. You've Got The Love

Disc 2: Live From Abbey Road (CD)

1. Between Two Lungs

2. Kiss With A Fist

3. Hurricane Drunk

4. Cosmic Love

5. Oh! Darling

6. Dog Days Are Over

7. Drumming Song

8. You've Got The Love

9. Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

Disc 3 (CD)

1. You've Got The Love (The XX Remix)

2. Halo (Recorded for Radio 1's Live Lounge)

3. Hurricane Drunk (Acoustic Version)

4. Cosmic Love 5. Are You Hurting The One You Love?

5. You've Got The Love (Fraser T Smith's Mix)

6. Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) (P.E.S.T Remix)

7. Flakes

8. An Offering (Rabbit Heart demo)

9. Swimming

Disc 4 (DVD)

* DVD: Live from Rivoli Ballroom

* Between Two Lungs

* My Boy Builds Coffins

* Kiss With A Fist

* Hurricane Drunk

* Cosmic Love

* Drumming Song 7. Howl

* Blinding

* Dog Days Are Over

* Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

* You've Got The Love

Acoustic Sesssions:

* Cosmic Love

* Between Two Lungs

* Dog Days Are Over

* Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

Music videos

* Dog Days Are Over (Video)

* Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) (Video)

* Drumming Song (Video)

* You've Got The Love (Video)

No she didn't :sad:

I would have loved to hear it instead of My boy builds coffin or Kiss with a fist, but oh well it was still a fantastic show!

She did blinding at solidays (I didn't remember if I posted the pic where she posed with her drumstick and the veil on her face?) and MBBC but not KWAF.

And yeah, she looks older than 22... !!

I'm beginning to dig into many music stuff, and I gotta say Florence has such an amazing voice! And with all the things I've been told, and vids I saw, she sure looks pretty amazing on stage :)

And yeah, she looks older than 22... !!

Really, only 22? Her talent's even more impressive then...

(I thought she was born in 1986?)

Yeah, only 23 (i think now :thinking: )

I think we ALL had the 'OMG, she's only THAT'?!! shock XDDD At first I thought she was around my age (27) but no...

@V: you here :rolleyes: If you need some Flo guidance, you know where to find me! Ask Cam, I've totally flotised her XD

At first I thought she was around my age (27) but no...

she's around mine... :stunned: Hats off Florence!

@V: you here :rolleyes: If you need some Flo guidance,

you know where to find me! Ask Cam, I've totally flotised her XD

I know, I'm spamming the 'World of music' threads today! :p In fact, I began the day listening to your mixtape and Florence was in there :smug:

I know, I'm spamming the 'World of music' threads today! :p In fact, I began the day listening to your mixtape and Florence was in there :smug:

Of course she was :rolleyes:

(she was on the previous too where Cam told me 'I don't like her'....who's laughing now :lol: )

I didn't see your mixtape...was it review yet? I only listened to Cams. Dunno if you will like mine...but at least you'll recognize 2 tracks... :rolleyes:

(she was on the previous too where Cam told me 'I don't like her'....who's laughing now :lol: )[/size]

she did? you should never say "never" :laugh3:

I didn't see your mixtape...was it review yet? I only listened to Cams. Dunno if you will like mine...but at least you'll recognize 2 tracks... :rolleyes:[/size]

Didn't do one (maybe next time), I just dl'ed some of them yesterday ;)

I liked yours! (recognized 5 right away, some I knew the artists but not always the songs)