✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ December 12th. They're going to do a live webcast of the show like they do every year. :awesome: (schedule will likely be posted a few days before)

The other bands are Phoenix (headliner), Vampire Weekend, Brandon Flowers, The Black Keys, The Temper Trap, Broken Bells, Edward Sharpe, and Neon Trees.

Also remember that Flo is just beginning to break big here in the States, so she still has a lot of popularity to build here (like, we're just now starting to hear "Dog Days Are Over" on the radio).

Edit: New Flo-vatar! :D

^ December 12th. They're going to do a live webcast of the show like they do every year. :awesome: (schedule will likely be posted a few days before)

The other bands are Phoenix (headliner), Vampire Weekend, Brandon Flowers, The Black Keys, The Temper Trap, Broken Bells, Edward Sharpe, and Neon Trees.

Also remember that Flo is just beginning to break big here in the States, so she still has a lot of popularity to build here (like, we're just now starting to hear "Dog Days Are Over" on the radio).

Edit: New Flo-vatar! :D

I think we can meet somewhere inbetween to go there but what about the drive back

and you said its 75 for the ticket right?

PM me on FB

....ps nice avatar.

....Respect for gingers: Now Possible.

:freak:

That's such an amazing lineup!!! All those artists (except maybe Edward Sharpe & Neon Trees but I don't really know them) are awesome! I'm jealous, that will be sooo good!

Sooo . . . Glee (yes, the TV show) is going to cover "Dog Days Are Over". According to MTV.com.

source

:facepalm: I don't like Glee, they're good singers but they made the songs sounds 'souless'... The songs became so polished, so 'mariah carey's' like, so over the top....they loose all their emotions....

Here's Flo on SNL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5D03qgJOls]YouTube - Florence and The Machine - "Dog Days Are Over" 11/20 SNL (TheAudioPerv.com)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVjW_IkfpFs]YouTube - Florence and The Machine - "You've Got The Love" 11/20 SNL (TheAudioPerv.com)[/ame]

Nothing special, last night's performances. But she looked stunning as always!

+1 but we've heard/seen these songs so muuuuch, it's difficult to be 'special' anymore I guess...Plus, TV show are pretty stiff compared to festivals or her own gigs, so we won't find her 'usual' self...

Aw, I was hoping she would perform something other than Dog Days Are Over. I really like the string arrangement for You've Got the Love, though.

Yeah, that's the arrangement they did for the Little Noise Sessions charity gig in London last year (love this charity event, each year the artists present always do accoustic sets with gorgeous arrangements)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjI-OwaF7VA]YouTube - Florence & The Machine - You Got The Love @ Islington Union Chapel 2009 via Babelgum[/ame]

(you can watch the all gig on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/StageExitLeft#g/u )

As for Dog days, that's the single that's out in the US so I guess she has no choice but to play it...

Yeah, that's the arrangement they did for the Little Noise charity gig in London last year (love this charity event, the artists always do accoustic sets with gorgeous arrangements)

(you can watch the all gig on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/StageExitLeft#g/u )

Ooh, thank you! :nice: I'll be sure to watch.

I just watched You've Got the Love from this year's Glastonbury, and it sounds beautiful with the strings and the back up choir. And there's Flo, of course. I love how she's so into the music. :heart:

My favorite festival with Flo is the Oxegen one from 2010. You can watch it on the Flo vevo channel on YT.

Preview for the Dog Days Glee episode, you can hear the track in the trailer...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-xv340taU]YouTube - Glee - 2x09 promo "Special Education" Promo[/ame]

:shifty:

Florence and the Machine received a Grammy nomination for Best New Artist!

Here are the rest . . .

Best New Artist

JUSTIN BIEBER

DRAKE

FLORENCE & THE MACHINE

MUMFORD & SONS

ESPERANZA SPALDING

Other categories and nominations are here.

:facepalm:

And when I see Kathy Perry nominated a few times, it's just... :dozey:

Flo will not win, her 'break' in America is too recent... She's not as big there as she is in Europe where it's been 2 years that she's massiv.

I watched the Dog days Glee rendition... It was ok (I thought it could have been worst!) but I don't know they could have make it sthg better with it, they just 'play it safe'... A performance to forget!

• 2 weeks later...

Even at only 6 songs, the KROQ show was phenomenal and really makes me regret missing out on earlier shows. Her voice translates very well live and had me quite emotional at times (especially during Cosmic Love). She played:

- Drumming Song

- Cosmic Love

- Blinding

- Heavy in Your Arms

- Howl

- Dog Days Are Over

I took quite a few pics from my orchestra seats (pit tickets could only be won through the radio station), but here's the cream of the crop:

florence1.jpg

florence2.jpg

florence3.jpg

florence4.jpg

florence5.jpg

florence6.jpg

florence7.jpg

florence8.jpg

Fingers crossed!!

She SO deserves to win more than anyone else!!!

:)

Did you see Florence's Christmas Gift Ideas?

http://flotique.florenceandthemachine.net/Store/DisplayFeatured.html

;)

Aww, a Flo calendar :blush:

Even at only 6 songs, the KROQ show was phenomenal and really makes me regret missing out on earlier shows. Her voice translates very well live and had me quite emotional at times (especially during Cosmic Love). She played:

- Drumming Song

- Cosmic Love

- Blinding

- Heavy in Your Arms

- Howl

- Dog Days Are Over

I took quite a few pics from my orchestra seats (pit tickets could only be won through the radio station), but here's the cream of the crop:

florence1.jpg

florence2.jpg

florence3.jpg

florence4.jpg

florence5.jpg

florence6.jpg

florence7.jpg

florence8.jpg

Nice pictures, looks like your seats were really close!! :awesome: