✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY HBSEGBFHIKEGBFBWKLFCNJp'fi[iKFKG

I just watched her performance of Rabbit Heart in Glastonbury and OH MY GOD. MOST. EPIC. PERFORMANCE. EVER.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAHtUrpwFQ0&feature=related]YouTube- [HD] Florence + The Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) (GF 2010)[/ame]

As I said before I totally adore Florence, Chris and Mark :D

And got to say that even Isabella didn't look like she's playing on keyboard first time in her life ;O. But it wasn't so epic as you say. Or is it because I have seen a lot of RH performances already? Blinding in Rivoli Ballroom was more epic than that. A lot more epic. I liked the moment when she stood in the sunshine and sang "As towards the sky I offer it". I think that the most epic performance is still Clocks in Toronto 2006.

+1

All her Glasto set was epic!

Flo is nominated for 4 VMA Awards :dance:

-best rock video

-video of the year

-best art direction

-best cinematography

All for Dog days 2.0 :)

It's weird that all the nominations are for Dog Days 2.0 because that's the video I like the least! 1.0 was better, in my opinion... My favourite video of hers has got to be Cosmic Love. Perfection!

But it wasn't so epic as you say. Or is it because I have seen a lot of RH performances already?

I'm with you on that. I can't say which performance of that song I like best, I've seen way too many :lol:

It's weird that all the nominations are for Dog Days 2.0 because that's the video I like the least! 1.0 was better, in my opinion... My favourite video of hers has got to be Cosmic Love. Perfection!

Yeah, that's not my favorite either...I prefer RH or Cosmic.

As I said before I totally adore Florence, Chris and Mark :D

And got to say that even Isabella didn't look like she's playing on keyboard first time in her life ;O. But it wasn't so epic as you say. Or is it because I have seen a lot of RH performances already? Blinding in Rivoli Ballroom was more epic than that. A lot more epic. I liked the moment when she stood in the sunshine and sang "As towards the sky I offer it". I think that the most epic performance is still Clocks in Toronto 2006.

I dunno, other RH performances are usually a bit meh... But the energy in the Glastonbury one, from Flo, the band, the audience, and the way the sun shines(!) just makes it so... moving. And you can tell Flo is just so genuinely happy to be there.

Oh I just watched Blinding in Rivoli Ballroom. Wow that girl can scream really well!

For RH, I had a vivid memory of Hammersmith..maybe cause I was there or it was her last show of the tour, but she was on fire that night just as the crowd. It was mental.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA-peYMWdx8]YouTube- ‪Florence & The Machine Live @ Hammersmith Apollo - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)‬‎[/ame]

Ooh that's a good one, too! She always looks a bit like a possessed witch in her performances, but in a totally amazing way! Always very powerful.

That's so cool that you got to see her live! She was supposed to come to my country last March but somehow that got cancelled... :( Probably cuz every one else in my country has crappy taste in music. I don't know anyone else in my country who knows Florence+the Machine!

Oh yeah, A-Chan, you're Aurelie, right?

Ooh that's a good one, too! She always looks a bit like a possessed witch in her performances, but in a totally amazing way! Always very powerful.

+10000000000 She looks like a priestress :D She really lives her songs, it's really a powerful stuff to witness. I dunno how she can manage to jump and sing well all the way during a song...When I'm jumping, I need the barrier to help me cause I'm out of breath after 30 sec XD

That's so cool that you got to see her live! She was supposed to come to my country last March but somehow that got cancelled... :( Probably cuz every one else in my country has crappy taste in music. I don't know anyone else in my country who knows Florence+the Machine!

Oh yeah, A-Chan, you're Aurelie, right?

Yeah, that right :) and yeah, I've been lucky to see her twice and she's one of the very few artists I'm willing to go all the way to London to see.. :rolleyes:

ARGH! Lucky you! She did actually perform in a neighbouring country after she cancelled the one in mine, but I was broke at the time, and I soooo regret not saving up for it! If she ever comes round again, I'd definitely make sure I have enough money! I'd go to a different country for her, too!

Off topic: Not sure if you received the card, but I was your secret santa!

ARGH! Lucky you! She did actually perform in a neighbouring country after she cancelled the one in mine, but I was broke at the time, and I soooo regret not saving up for it! If she ever comes round again, I'd definitely make sure I have enough money! I'd go to a different country for her, too!

Really hope you could see her one day :)

Off topic: Not sure if you received the card, but I was your secret santa!

Omg, yes I did!! Very late though, I think I got it by the end of January (yeah for french post :dozey: ) and I totally forgot to post pics on the Santa thread :facepalm: :shame: So I thank you here, I really loved it! It's posted on my fridge door :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so it's a couple of weeks since I saw her, but OH MY GOD she is AMAZING live!!

Her overall stage presence was incredible, her voice/dancing/overall performance had me captivated throughout the entire performance, I was completely mesmerized :wacko:

Unfortunately I've been having computer troubles of late so it'll be a while before I can upload my pics/vids :(

Though my avi is from the show :D I was second row!

OK, so it's a couple of weeks since I saw her, but OH MY GOD she is AMAZING live!!

Her overall stage presence was incredible, her voice/dancing/overall performance had me captivated throughout the entire performance, I was completely mesmerized :wacko:

Unfortunately I've been having computer troubles of late so it'll be a while before I can upload my pics/vids :(

Though my avi is from the show :D I was second row!

Glad you had a blast! :) Can't wait to see your pics/vids!

...and a break from listening to male vocals

my ipod is being dominated by guy groups

its nice to hear a great female voice and POV for a change

+1000000 I have a tendancy to listen to male artists and Flo is a breeze of fresh air! :smug:

News for the 2nd album! Recording will start in october with the same producers (+new ones) from Lungs. More guitars to be expected!

More infos here: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/florence-and-the-machine-reveal-album-details_1158649

and here: http://www.gear4music.com/news/article/Florence-and-the-Machine-planning-to-begin-recording-in-October/299/2010-08-12

Flo will also perform at the VMA on September 12th:) http://perezhilton.com/2010-08-10-florence-the-machine-set-to-perform-at-mtv-video-music-awards

and a nice ITV to finish

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO-TQro56bU]YouTube- Florence and the Machine IV[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

I red somewhere recently an ITV and she said that the next album will be more focus about how she sees the world rather than her own personal emotions/lovelife.

Plus, she turned 24 two days ago! Happy birthday Flo!

Florence++the+Machine+x_01a4f58d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Video Music Awards we have here in the US , MTV sucks here they never play vids so whats the point of having an awards ceremony? but on the other hand the TV Station Palladia is having an all day VMA day with lots of concert footage of peeps that are nominated, dont know if everyone gets it but its channel 785 on Cablevision in NY