✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

she did? you should never say "never" :laugh3:

Yes, she DID :rolleyes: At that time, for her Flo was = Kiss with a fist....I posted a vid on twitter one day and she liked it, so I showed her more and MOUWHAAHHAAAA she was hooked! :P Mission accomplished :cool: I'm very proud! :D

Didn't do one (maybe next time), I just dl'ed some of them yesterday ;)

I liked yours! (recognized 5 right away, some I knew the artists but not always the songs)

I thought you participated.. :facepalm: You'll tell me who you recgnised (except the 2 songs I KNOW you know... :P)

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, she DID :rolleyes: At that time, for her Flo was = Kiss with a fist....I posted a vid on twitter one day and she liked it, so I showed her more and MOUWHAAHHAAAA she was hooked! :P Mission accomplished :cool: I'm very proud! :D

You can be! :lol:

(except the 2 songs I KNOW you know... :P)

Of course, I knew you'd know the 2 I know :p

She did blinding at solidays (I didn't remember if I posted the pic where she posed with her drumstick and the veil on her face?) and MBBC but not KWAF.

And yeah, she looks older than 22... !!

Well this box looks pretty amazing!

Oooh lucky! I don't know, but I allow ou to post it again :tongue: I would have love her to play Hurricane Drunk as well, I'm in love with this song <3

Yeah, only 23 (i think now :thinking: )

I think we ALL had the 'OMG, she's only THAT'?!! shock XDDD At first I thought she was around my age (27) but no...

@V: you here :rolleyes: If you need some Flo guidance, you know where to find me! Ask Cam, I've totally flotised her XD

I know, I thought she was 30 or something! Can't wait to hear what she'll come up with later :nice:

And I didn't know you were the one flotising her, good job haha

Oooh lucky! I don't know, but I allow ou to post it again :tongue: I would have love her to play Hurricane Drunk as well, I'm in love with this song <3

Here my pics from Blinding

Foto-RFLGZYSP.jpgFoto-BN46VVSS.jpg

As for Hurricane, she rarely plays it nowadays. She did at the Hammersmith though, but she did all the album there.

I know, I thought she was 30 or something! Can't wait to hear what she'll come up with later :nice:

We already have 'Strangeness & charm' which is :awesome: (cam had the audio in direct live that night ^^, here the vid *want-to-go-back*)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1hKpO2_IEc]YouTube- Florence + The Machine - Strangeness And Charm (full song) - 15/05/10[/ame]

And I didn't know you were the one flotising her, good job haha

Yes, that was me :smug: but the funny thing is, she got to see her live before me though I had my tix before her! Had to wait till London to see Flo :bomb:

^They don't play her songs on the radio here, but it's better this way :tongue:

Here my pics from Blinding

Foto-RFLGZYSP.jpgFoto-BN46VVSS.jpg

As for Hurricane, she rarely plays it nowadays. She did at the Hammersmith though, but she did all the album there.

Really nice pics you've got there :surprised:

Oooh lucky, you got to hear all the songs! How long did the gig last?

We already have 'Strangeness & charm' which is :awesome: (cam had the audio in direct live that night ^^, here the vid *want-to-go-back*)

I like it!! :dance:

Yes, that was me :smug: but the funny thing is, she got to see her live before me though I had my tix before her! Had to wait till London to see Flo :bomb:

Yeah, and she got you some signed stuff right? :wacko:

^They don't play her songs on the radio here, but it's better this way :tongue:

Yes they are! On 'Le Mouv' :D It's thank to them I discover Flo cause they did a little reportage on her for a festival she was doing here last year. They used to play her (YGTL and Drumming) but not so much now... :confused:

Oooh lucky, you got to hear all the songs! How long did the gig last?

At the Hammersmith, it was the last show of her Cosmic Love Tour, so it was about 1h20 long (and we had the disco ball entrance :awesome: ) and Solidays only 50min since it was a festival.

I like it!! :dance:

Since you hadn't heard that one, maybe you still don't know the track she did for Twilight (:dozey: ) The song is one that didn't make it to Lungs but it's still good :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxrmgWCbD4]YouTube- Eclipse Soundtrack 4 / Florence + The Machine - Heavy In Your Arms[/ame]

Yeah, and she got you some signed stuff right? :wacko:

Yeaaaah :awesome: She asked her for an autograph for me at the Bataclan (Flo mispelled my name *cute*) and manage to grab me a drumstick at Lyon :hug: Owe her for life for that :kiss:

2li8oeq.jpg

Yes they are! On 'Le Mouv' :D It's thank to them I discover Flo cause they did a little reportage on her for a festival she was doing here last year. They used to play her (YGTL and Drumming) but not so much now... :confused:

Well I don't get this radio here sadly, so I'm stuck with virgin radio... I think I'll do without :tongue:

I like the fact she's not that famous here actually.

At the Hammersmith, it was the last show of her Cosmic Love Tour, so it was about 1h20 long (and we had the disco ball entrance :awesome: ) and Solidays only 50min since it was a festival.

Nice! Although it's not a very long gig, she just has one album out so I understand

Since you hadn't heard that one, maybe you still don't know the track she did for Twilight (:dozey: ) The song is one that didn't make it to Lungs but it's still good :rolleyes:

YouTube- Eclipse Soundtrack 4 / Florence + The Machine - Heavy In Your Arms

Oh no I didn't, thanks! Well I like it, but for twilight? Meh

Yeaaaah :awesome: She asked her for an autograph for me at the Bataclan (Flo mispelled my name *cute*) and manage to grab me a drumstick at Lyon :hug: Owe her for life for that :kiss:

2li8oeq.jpg

That's so cool! She's so nice :blush:

I like the fact she's not that famous here actually.

Yeah me too :D It's like our beautiful little secret :smug:

Oh no I didn't, thanks! Well I like it, but for twilight? Meh

Apparently, Flo likes Twilight :facepalm: but hey, we get a new song so.... :rolleyes: If you want more unreleased songs, check this YT account: http://www.youtube.com/user/rareflorence#g/u

and I've posted on this thread some of b-side so check the thread to find some gem ^^

That's so cool! She's so nice :blush:

Yes she IS :hug: owe her big time.

What happens if "The Machine" breaks down? Is there an engineer standing by just in case?:P

:rolleyes: :laugh3:

what are some other good songs by her to check out?

thnx :)

Well...I would say ALL :rolleyes: but I agree with Loudefix: Cosmic love is just :awesome: I will not post the obvious ones: Dog days are over, Rabbit Heart or Howl but rather non singles such as

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2pSFd-K4uU]YouTube- Florence and The Machine - Swimming[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXl2sKJEzCY]YouTube- Florence + The Machine @ Oxegen Festival, 10/07/10 - Between Two Lungs[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLnPZVTGnE]YouTube- Florence and The Machine - My Boy Builds Coffins (27.06.10)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKwueoH5MY]YouTube- Florence and the Machine - Bird Song Intro and Bird Song[/ame]

enjoy! If you need anything else, don't hesitate :)

One thing's for sure - she has fantastic stage presence and she seems to put a lot of thought into her "choreography".

In many ways she reminds me of Kate Bush, although her voice is very different, of course.;)

I agree. I guess they both share a strong unique universe that you can identify them with. Plus this mysterious charismatic aura...they look like priestress while performing...almost in 'transe' sometimes..it's weird...but I dunno how explain it better :lol:

Anyway, it's quite unique to witness and feel it... Her voice is so powerful, it just grasps you and you want to scream and cry at the same time...No need to take cocaine when you have Flo :lol:

I agree. I guess they both share a strong unique universe that you can identify them with. Plus this mysterious charismatic aura...they look like priestress while performing...almost in 'transe' sometimes..it's weird...but I dunno how explain it better :lol:

Anyway, it's quite unique to witness and feel it... Her voice is so powerful, it just grasps you and you want to scream and cry at the same time...No need to take cocaine when you have Flo :lol:

Does that mean you do on other occasions, then?:stunned:

I can imagine that cocaine would come in very handy if you were watching Radiohead, as their music is so depressing!:P

She needs to do some new songs, otherwise she will turn into the Ting Tings in that she will take so long to come up with album 2, people would have forgotten about her

Her album came out last year and she's touring not stop since... Giver her a break! I know her band's name is 'Florence+The Machine' but she's not a robot :lol:

Plus, she already started writing AND recording some new stuff (see 'strangeness and charm' that she's already playing at gigs). New album should be out in 2011 from what she's hoping :)

And I don't think people will forget about her...she's too damn impressiv for that!