✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Video Music Awards we have here in the US , MTV sucks here they never play vids so whats the point of having an awards ceremony? but on the other hand the TV Station Palladia is having an all day VMA day with lots of concert footage of peeps that are nominated, dont know if everyone gets it but its channel 785 on Cablevision in NY[/color]

HERE IT IS!! Flo's performance at the VMA last night (where she won 'best artistic direction' for dog days'

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/florence-and-the-machine/video/dog-days-are-over-live

It's good but I'm not blown away....I dunno, she looked pretty nervous (her voice is kinda shaky at times) and for those who have seen her perform this live, she looks pretty 'stiff' here....I prefer when she's jumping around like a crazy :lol:

018.jpg

HERE IT IS!! Flo's performance at the VMA last night (where she won 'best artistic direction' for dog days'

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/florence-and-the-machine/video/dog-days-are-over-live

It's good but I'm not blown away....I dunno, she looked pretty nervous (her voice is kinda shaky at times) and for those who have seen her perform this live, she looks pretty 'stiff' here....I prefer when she's jumping around like a crazy :lol:

018.jpg

You're right, her voice was better when I saw her, but I guess she was really nervous

Still he's stunningly beautiful in that outfit <3

omg she is amazing, now if it would only rain inside he venue i was going to see her in :P

:lol: +1! The rain make it much more intense...!

New ITV. She speaks about the VMA and a NEW SONG... :D

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/new_florence_the_machine_music_sQujIg2y7YzYVadkX5BZzH

PW: Given your need for a studio, have you written any new material for the next album?

Florence: Yes, I’ve written two new songs – one is called "Strangeness & Charm," which we've been playing live a lot. Hopefully we’ll be playing one more new one. One song is about being scared of going mad – hearing voices in your head while you’re trying to fall asleep. I get auditory hallucinations when I’m falling asleep. Auditory dreams – something loud, like a word, will be said really loud in my head and wake me up. There was a song about that and it’s really aggressive. Loads of clattery drums and the choir takes it to the next level. I played it for my boyfriend and he said, “still not gagging for that number one, are you?” [laughs] “Still not rushing towards commercially viable music with epic one-minute drum breaks and crazy, backwards whispering, huh?"

Auditory hallucinations....interesting...! Can't wait to hear this new monument of epicness!!

:lol: +1! The rain make it much more intense...!

New ITV. She speaks about the VMA and a NEW SONG... :D

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/new_florence_the_machine_music_sQujIg2y7YzYVadkX5BZzH

Quote:

PW: Given your need for a studio, have you written any new material for the next album?

Florence: Yes, I’ve written two new songs – one is called "Strangeness & Charm," which we've been playing live a lot. Hopefully we’ll be playing one more new one. One song is about being scared of going mad – hearing voices in your head while you’re trying to fall asleep. I get auditory hallucinations when I’m falling asleep. Auditory dreams – something loud, like a word, will be said really loud in my head and wake me up. There was a song about that and it’s really aggressive. Loads of clattery drums and the choir takes it to the next level. I played it for my boyfriend and he said, “still not gagging for that number one, are you?” [laughs] “Still not rushing towards commercially viable music with epic one-minute drum breaks and crazy, backwards whispering, huh?"

Auditory hallucinations....interesting...! Can't wait to hear this new monument of epicness!!

I saw her perform Strangeness and Charm at Splendour, it's sooo good live!

Just did some searching and found a decent-quality upload of the song here :D

I absolutely love Strangeness & charm <33 Thx for the link (found out it's the same as the one I already had XD)

Here a decent vid of her performing the song @Hammersmith (I was there :bomb:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1hKpO2_IEc]YouTube - Florence + The Machine - Strangeness And Charm (full song) - 15/05/10[/ame]

On the news side:

Flo is nominated for the Q awards for best female artist and best song for 'you got the love'. Vote here: http://awards.qthemusic.com/

florenceandthemachine_TO_L61009.jpg

Florence And The Machine to re-issue debut album with 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' single

Two disc version of 'Between Two Lungs' is released in November

Florence And The Machine have announced plans to re-release their 2009 debut album 'Lungs' with The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' track 'Heavy In Your Arms'.

The band will release the record - dubbed 'Between Two Lungs' - on November 15 with new sleeve art, sleeve notes by singer Florence Welch and a ten track second disc packed with exclusive live songs and remixes, including her Dizzee Rascal collaboration 'You Got The Dirtee Love'

'Heavy In Your Arms', which is produced by Paul Epworth and will appear on disc two, will also be released as a single on the same day.

"'Heavy In Your Arms' I suppose is about the weight of love, and how sometimes it can be a burden between two people," Welch wrote on her official site florenceandthemachine.net. "I felt this was a strong theme in the Twilight series. Is someone being rescued or are they being condemned? And is the love you carry bringing you down?"

The full tracklisting for 'Between Two Lungs' is as follows:

CD 1

'Dog Days Are Over'

'Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)'

'I'm Not Calling You A Liar'

'Howl'

'Kiss With A Fist'

'Girl With One Eye'

'Drumming'

'Between Two Lungs'

'Cosmic Love'

'My Boy Builds Coffins'

'Hurricane Drunk'

'Blinding'

CD 2

'Heavy In Your Arms'

'You’ve Got The Dirtee Love'

'Hurricane Drunk' (The Horrors Remix)

'Strangeness & Charm' (Live from Hammersmith Apollo)

'Swimming' (Live From Hammersmith Apollo)

'Dog Days Are Over' (Yeasayer Remix)

'Drumming Song' (Live from the London Roundhouse)

Girl With One Eye' (Live from the London Roundhouse)

Hurricane Drunk' (Live from the London Roundhouse)

Dog Days Are Over' (Live from the London Roundhouse)

My Boy Builds Coffins' (Live from the London Roundhouse)

Hospital Beds' (Live from the London Roundhouse)

http://www.nme.com/news/florence-and-the-machine/53160

Thx Boss ^^ I saw that too and I'm a little :dozey: How many version of Lungs has they issued already? 3? :laugh3: They're doing this because America, 3 years later.. :dozey:, discovers Flo (thx to VMA performance, which was 'dull' IMO)....

I see they remove 'you got the love' on CD1 to put the Dizzee version on CD2... I already have 'swimming' on my box set, and I'm NOT re-buying this for just Strangeness & charm and Heavy in your arms, which I already have as mp3.

I hate that when artists put re-edition a while AFTER you buy the initial album...it's a total ripp-off of fans IMO. I prefer when artists choose to put all versions (normal and deluxe ones) at the SAME time! At least, you can choose right away!

For her next album, I think I'll wait before buying it to find a 'version' that I really want :laugh3: