✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosmic Love is performed at basically every show, festivals included. Sadly, Blinding's been absent this tour. Sucks because I felt it was her best song live (8 minute rendition with extended intro and outro).

Florence + The Machine was EPIC. Truly. Cannot believe how amazing it was. Sure, I would be truly satisfied if she just stood there and sang the phonebook to me but I was blown away at what a show she put on. She was engaging, lively and bloody damn good.

IMG_02952.jpg

I had standing tickets so I knew I had to line up early in order to get a good spot on the floor. Around 430pm, a dude came out and asked those waiting outside whether we wanted to come and watch her and the band their sound check.

HELL YES! You don't have to ask me twice!

There were about 20 of us who went in and they played 3 songs during the sound check. It was great. We get to see her being human! She didn't have her onstage persona but was just herself onstage, joking around with the band and commenting on the set, etc. She didn't say much to us but at the end of the session she asked if we had any request. I yelled out Bedroom Hymns (one of my favourite song ever!) and after a few other requests being yelled out, she and the band played my request.

I can't tell you how happy I was. BEST. THING. EVER.

The other two songs she played were Breaking Down and Never Let Me Go. The risk of watching the sound check was losing our place in line but when we came out, the line didn't grow that much so in the end, I was standing behind about 4 'rows' of people and centre of the stage.

Show itself was superb. I've heard many good things about her live performance but I was still blown away by her onstage persona and showmanship. I avoided any spoilers on setlists and I'm glad. Loved every song they played. Soooo glad they played Between Two Lungs!!!

She interacted with the crowd, getting everyone to get on their feet and dance with her. She said she'll reward the craziest person in the crowd. So one girl got onto her friend's shoulder and took off her top! At the end of the song, Flo applauded her, got one of the band members to give the girl a kiss and Flo gave her a drumstick, which she kissed. Lucky bitch.

IMG_02902.jpg

She even commment on people right up at the nosebleed sections. A couple of fans had signs, right up at the back and she pointed it out and commented on it, engaging with those fans. It was really great to see her do that. Goes to show she really sees the audience. She didn't leave anyone out, pointing out people who were dancing in their seats or just being crazy - telling them how awesome they were and that she saw them dancing. She ran up and down the stage during the faster songs so she could sing at everyone at all corners of the arena. She made sure everyone felt included no matter where you were seated. Lovely.

Bonus? She sounded as good live as she does on her CDs.

IMG_02921.jpg

Rabbit Heart was amazing live! I never knew! :laugh3: A little disappointed she didn't play Blinding but not surprised. No Light, No Light was epic! Great closer for the show (glad she didn't went with Dog Days). All in all, I had an epic time at the concert and I loved every minute of it. Worthed every penny I spent too.

Awesome pics! Rabbit Heart is absolutely on a different level live, especially the keyboard solo where everyone in the audience is bouncing wildly. A lot of the Lungs tracks were really enhanced live (the studio versions of Drumming Song and Blinding are mere shadows of their live renditions, for example), and I think that's the one missed opportunity for the Ceremonials tracks since they really aren't changed up at all from their studio equivalents.

Awesome pics! Rabbit Heart is absolutely on a different level live, especially the keyboard solo where everyone in the audience is bouncing wildly. A lot of the Lungs tracks were really enhanced live (the studio versions of Drumming Song and Blinding are mere shadows of their live renditions, for example), and I think that's the one missed opportunity for the Ceremonials tracks since they really aren't changed up at all from their studio equivalents.

I agree! Even You've Got the Love (which I don't care much for in the album) was awesome! Dog Days was really good to, especially towards the end where she gets everyone jumping up and down for the last chorus. Loved it!

I've been YouTubing Blinding and man, it sounds really awesome! Sooo wished she had played it!

I now hope she releases a live DVD. The Unplugged one was ok but it's nothing compared to the proper shows she does.

You've Got the Love has been redone for this tour. Didn't like it before, but the string rendition is great.

Not my video but from the same mini-fest show I went to a few years ago (in which most people there hadn't heard of Florence yet, haha):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUFU_19pyc&list=FLYkZGlbUpUDkRRboE_2-z_Q&index=12&feature=plpp_video]Florence + The Machine - Blinding - Live at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas - YouTube[/ame]

Shit's insane.

• 1 month later...

Video for "Breaking Dawn"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXWYOF0UhCk]Florence + The Machine - Breaking Down - YouTube[/ame]

Florence being herself? She's so adorable :heart:

And by the by, are we getting a video for every song off Ceremonials? I want one for "Only If For A Night" and "Seven Devils" :bomb:

Video for "Breaking Dawn"

Florence being herself? She's so adorable :heart:

And by the by, are we getting a video for every song off Ceremonials? I want one for "Only If For A Night" and "Seven Devils" :bomb:

And so soon after Spectrum too!

And yes, I agree. I too want vids for OIFaN and SD. :D

Breaking Down's not a single, though. They just threw together this cute montage to it. Spectrum is reportedly the final single, so I doubt we'll be seeing more videos. Which is fine with me, since 4 singles per album is plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

Florence + the Machine - Live at Lollapalooza 2012 (Full Show)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcOYIV4Whlk]Florence + the Machine - Live at Lollapalooza 2012 (Full Show) - YouTube[/ame]

They played Breath of Life!!!!!

1. Only if For A Night

2. What the Water Gave Me

3. Cosmic Love

4. Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

5. Spectrum

6. Heartlines

7. Leave My Body

8. Breath of Life

9. Shake It Out (Benny Benassi Remix)

10. Dog Days Are Over

11. Never Let Me Go

12. No Light, No Light

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When Ceremonials' dust finally settled, I prefer Lungs slightly more, just because it has a little more diversity on it. Lungs ventures into darker and more raw territory, whereas Ceremonials is mainly upbeat anthems ("Seven Devils" being it's main brilliant deviation from that).

I also realize I didn't share my photos from ACL. Here's a few (I took like 40 total):

P1010645_zps3316b3e9.jpg

P1010663_zps59ee7a2e.jpg

P1010664_zps50ac302d.jpg

P1010674_zpsd2b93e80.jpg

P1010675_zps0c9053d1.jpg

P1010680_zps3e96731c.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouy2kC_oUVY]Florence and the Machine - Heartlines - Live at Austin City Limits (ACL) Festival - 10/12/12 - YouTube[/ame]