✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who saw Florence again TWICE this past weekend? :D AND got her drumstick that she used for "No Light, No Light"? :awesome: (It has the Florence and the Machine logo engraved on it and it's amazing.)

Her performances are already quite different from the Lungs tour. She now has two permanent backing vocalists who hang off to the side. This really boosts "Cosmic Love" and "Rabbit Heart", both of which were calmer live than on record, but also makes newer stuff like "Spectrum" more varied (which was mindblowing, I might add). New songs sound very good, although I think "Seven Devils" might need a bit more fine-tuning live.

Pic time (I took like 100 pics of her alone, so here's just a little sampling):

P1000084.jpg

P1000087.jpg

P1000089.jpg

P1000102.jpg

P1000108.jpg

P1000111.jpg

P1000118.jpg

P1000123.jpg

Hey guys.

I'm pretty new to Florence and The Machine and their music, but i already know Dog Days Are Over, You Got the Love and Rabbit Heart from the first album and then i heard Shake It Out from Ceremonials which i really like. Anyway, i was thinking of getting the albums, but i realise there's Between Two Lungs and then there's a deluxe 2 CD edition of Lungs. :thinking: Is Between Two Lungs basically a re-released version of Lungs, and which would i be better off getting?

Going off of Wikipedia here . . .

Between Two Lungs, like the Lungs deluxe edition, has two discs. First disc is Lungs, and the second disc has mostly live performances and a few b-sides. It also has different sleeve art and liner notes.

I would go with the Lungs deluxe edition, but only because I prefer the material on its second disc (it has some great songs and a few demos of album tracks). If you really like the live performances, then I guess you should go with Between Two Lungs.

I hope that helps!

ETA: Then again, I'm just going to put the track listings under spoilers, and then you can compare them. :)

Lungs Deluxe Edition - Disc 2 track listing

1. "Bird Song Intro"

2. "Bird Song"

3. "Dog Days Are Over" (Demo)

4. "Falling"

5. "Hardest of Hearts"

6. "Ghosts" ("I'm Not Calling You a Liar" demo)

7. "Girl with One Eye" (Bayou Percussion Version)

8. "Swimming" (Australian bonus track)

Between Two Lungs - Disc 2 track listing

1. "Heavy in Your Arms"

2. "You Got the Dirtee Love" (with Dizzee Rascal)

3. "Hurricane Drunk" (The Horrors Remix)

4. "Strangeness & Charm" (Live from Hammersmith Apollo)

5. "Swimming" (Live from Hammersmith Apollo)

6. "Dog Days Are Over" (Yeasayer Remix)

7. "Drumming Song" (Live from the iTunes Festival '10)

8. "Girl with One Eye" (Live from the iTunes Festival '10)

9. "Hurricane Drunk" (Live from the iTunes Festival '10)

10. "Dog Days Are Over" (Live from the iTunes Festival '10)

11. "My Boy Builds Coffins" (Live from the iTunes Festival '10)

12. "Hospital Beds" (Live from the iTunes Festival '10)

Hey guys.

I'm pretty new to Florence and The Machine and their music, but i already know Dog Days Are Over, You Got the Love and Rabbit Heart from the first album and then i heard Shake It Out from Ceremonials which i really like. Anyway, i was thinking of getting the albums, but i realise there's Between Two Lungs and then there's a deluxe 2 CD edition of Lungs. :thinking: Is Between Two Lungs basically a re-released version of Lungs, and which would i be better off getting?

It's basically "more B-sides" vs. "more acoustic tracks and crappy remixes" so go for the deluxe edition and get "Heavy in Your Arms" and whatever other B-sides you don't get with that off iTunes.

A few months ago I would have recommended BTL so you could get "Strangeness and Charm", but there's now a studio version so there's no need for that anymore.

• 1 month later...

Tickets obtained for the Vegas show.

I'd go to the Santa Barbara show since it's 20 minutes from my house, but it's during day 2 of Coachella and I'll be rocking out to Radiohead that night (Flo plays day 3). So instead of driving 20 minutes, I get to drive 6 hours to Vegas. Fun times! (drunken Vegas wedding scene possible ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, first of all, Florence Welch is a goddess.

Secondly, I love Florence + The Machine music and I've been listening to Lungs non-stop for a few months. I was sure they would never record something as amazing as their debut album but when I first heard Ceremonials... wow, I did have to admit I was wrong. It's brilliant. They're totally my favourite band (well apart from Coldplay obviously) and I'm looking forward to finally see them live next month :)

• 2 months later...
Does this have anything to do with Florence + the Machine?

Well, anyway. Probably unrelated to what you guys are discussing: Shake it Out is a good song.

Flo has a new song in the soundtrack for that movie. ;)