✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the songs individually, but they are all too similar to listen to as an album. After 3 or 4, I've had enough.

That's my problem.

I think Lungs had higher highs (Rabbit Heart, Cosmic Love) and was better as an album. There are some songs that stand out on Ceremonials after a few listens, but they all have pretty much the same anthemic sound - which I wouldn't have a problem with if there were a few different tracks to balance it out. Lungs was a little awkward in its diversity, but it's an extremely lovable sort of awkward.

I've been listening to "Ceremonials" the bonus edition for days now and I still love the album, but I'll tell you this.....I can't stand Spectrum. Ugh. It makes me my skin crawl. I hate her voice when she sings "say my name." Again...ugh. I skip it every time I hear it. And the last song is kind of boring for a closer. I wish they would've taken out Spectrum and Leave My Body and substituted Bedroom Hymns and Strangeness and Charm.

That's my problem.

I think Lungs had higher highs (Rabbit Heart, Cosmic Love) and was better as an album. There are some songs that stand out on Ceremonials after a few listens, but they all have pretty much the same anthemic sound - which I wouldn't have a problem with if there were a few different tracks to balance it out. Lungs was a little awkward in its diversity, but it's an extremely lovable sort of awkward.

YES! That's exactly how I feel about this album!

Anyway, here's the No Light, No Light video, everyone! Fresh from the oven!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGH-4jQZRcc&feature=channel_video_title]Florence + The Machine - No Light, No Light - YouTube[/ame]

ETA:

Am i the only one who thinks Florence looks like Noel Fielding? :))

especially in the video when Noel does Wuthering heights for Comic Relief.

And yes, I've always thought that! They're almost identical! :laugh4:

tumblr_lle1wxfBmF1qfdj6x.jpg

Florence on SNL tonight. She did Shake It Out first. I didn't like it. She sounded nervous and shaky to me. The background choir was awesome, though.

She performed No Light, No Light second and this was better, but she was tending on the sharp edge of the pitch towards most of the song.

Yikes......I just don't think she's that good of a live performer. I love her as a studio musician, but they really do edit out that aggressive vibrato she has which makes it much more tolerable to listen to. Her hair was also weird, too. *shrugs* I dunno. I just wasn't impressed.

I'm looking forward to the Black Keys next time, though! Coldplay then Florence and now The Black Keys?! I'm gonna crap my pants if Muse or Radiohead is next musical guest after TBK.

The acoustic version is very good, although I cannot comprehend that' heartlines on your head' line. :blank:

I thought she was saying 'keep following the heartlines on your hand"?!! (which make sense actually...) So it's "head"?, :thinking:

I just browsed and it seems to be 'hand' after all. I was convinced it was otherwise.

Anyway, it is still a confusing line.

It's not...The heartlines on your hand refers to reading palms where the lines on the hand refers to your life and one reprents your lovelife. That lines here means 'follow your heart, the path has already been drown for you"....pretty clear IMO.

I am new to listening to Florence and the Machines, but after the SNL songs that actually made me stand up and just listen, I have been listening to Lungs and Ceremonial pretty much non-stop, and I have to say, No Light, No Light, Shake it Out and Heartlines are turning into my must lsitens, just amazing how she sounds, how the music sounds, how it washes over me like a tide.

• 2 weeks later...

Florence + The Machine are coming to Auckland, NZ next May and I'm planning on going. I missed her when she came down last year. Not gonna happen this time round! :D

I really liked her on SNL, especially that skit! :laugh3:

Is there a clip of it on YouTube or something? Been looking for it and I can't find it. :(