✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Robbie Williams...

::Hayley::

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

^yeah, somehow true when it comes to "rudebox", although by now I don't think it's that bad anymore... got used to it, I s'ppose.

anyways, a few days ago it was said on the radio that he might return to take that at last... maybe that'd be a good move regarding his current situation :rolleyes: who knows.

I still think he's brilliant. :nice:

Let us pray that it's true. I don't know how many more times I can accidentally hear Angles without harming myself......at least he might give up singing it.

I'm not a big 'POP Music' fan but as a musician I pick up on the odd good track in the true mainstream genre.

His first 2 albums have some decent, well written (musically at least) songs on them....even if the "sound" of some are a bit watered down.....Guy Chambers did write good songs back then......and when Chambers was ditched it all started to get worse.

Robert Williams has been shit for at least 8-9 years now, in my opinion.

I think Robbie is really talented...he´s just going through a really bad period right now...so everybody tries to guess what he may do next---someone said he´ll go back to take that(I heard on the radio that his mum said that as well) some say he´ll retire...maybe it´s really just a way to get publicity or whatever...and probably we will have to wait as always to get the truth.....

he said serveral times he's gonna quit singing, i dont think he is anytime soon. i cant imagine him joining take that either. he might have if his solo career hadnt been successful.

rudebox was definitely his worst album. theres only one song on it which i found was ok. i really like him as an entertainer and some of his old songs were great in my opinion.

18 months is a long time. why announce it now? he's got over a year to pull himself together not, but i see no point making this statement so early. sounds like a cry for attention...

edit - totally didn't see the date of that post lol

• 7 months later...

SHODDY Williams??

Guess who? Robbie Williams goes undercover with a bushy beard - and grey hair

By EMILY SHERIDAN - More by this author » Last updated at 11:44am on 27th November 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (4)

At first glimpse, it looks like a middle-aged Dutchman covering up during a chilly winter evening in Amsterdam.

However, upon closer inspection, it appears Britain's king of pop Robbie Williams is keeping a low-profile by hiding his famous face behind a bushy beard.

And it seems the stress of recording a hit album is getting to Robbie - he's going grey.

Scroll down for more...

Read more...

williamgirlsplit_468x435.jpgWho's that boy: Singer Robbie Williams is almost unrecognisable in a beanie and a new very full beard as he enjoys a break in Amsterdam with rumoured new girlfriend actress Ayda Field, right

The former Take That heart-throb, 33, is currently making his eighth studio album - a follow-up to 2006's Rudebox, which failed to make much of an impact in the charts despite a good response from music critics.

It's been a tough 18 months for Robbie - after poor sales of Rudebox, he was forced to cancel his Asian tour in September 2006 after suffering from stress and exhaustion.

Then six months later, in February this year, he checked into an Arizona rehab clinic for an addiction to anti-depressents.

Since his successful month-long treatment, Robbie has been keeping a low-profile and spending time with friends at his home in the Hollywood Hills.

Scroll down for more...

Read more...

williamsGirlsR_468x594.jpgTour guide: Robbie was spotted with American soap actress star Ayda in the Dutch city last weekend

He has also reconciled with his songwriting partner Guy Chambers to work on the new album, which is expected to be released next year.

Robbie flew into Amsterdam earlier this week and has been spotted enjoying the company of American soap actress Ayda Field.

Earlier today, the singer was spotted enjoying lunch with his female companion, before seeing the sights of the capital.

He was unrecognisable dressed up for the cold in a huge puffa jacket and beanie hat, with his newly-grown beard and sunglasses covering up his familiar cheeky grin.

williamsRETNA2611_468x515.jpgGoing grey: On closer inspection, part of Robbie's beard is grey

RobWilliams1MVX_468x514.jpgFresh-faced: What Robbie normally looks like without his beard

• 2 weeks later...

Robbie Williams 'ready to get back' with Take That

Robbie Williams 'ready to get back' with Take That

Last updated at 16:35pm on 7th December 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments

Robbie Williams is poised for a dramatic return to Take That, according to his mother, who called it "something he wanted".

Williams, 33, left the group in 1995 blaming frayed relationships with bandmates Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald. He then snubbed the group last year when they reformed.

Scroll down for more...

RobWilliams1MVX_468x514.jpgReunion hint: Robbie Williams' mother says getting back with Take That is 'something he wants'

Read more...

But Williams's mother, Jan, believes a full Take That reunion will happen. She said: "On the question of him doing something with them, I feel that will happen. It would be something he wanted to do.

"I'm thrilled that out of all the negative stuff that happened, there's now something great happening. Take That were excellent when they were all together and they are excellent now."

Scroll down for more...

TakeThatElectPA_468x274.jpgOpen arms: Take That have enjoyed a triumphant sell-out tour

Take That have had two No1 singles and a No1 album since they reunited, while Williams's last album, Rudebox, flopped.

This week Williams apologised to the group's ex- manager and agreed to pay undisclosed damages over an allegation he made about him in a song on Rudebox.

Last month, Take That's Jason Orange also hinted at a reunion with Robbie, saying: "It's inevitable."

EarlyTakeThatREX_468x329.jpgOriginal line-up: Take That in their early '90s heyday

• 1 month later...

No Williams tour 'any time soon'

_44344170_robbie_203gettyx.jpg

Robbie Williams has told fans he is not planning any live shows at the moment.

The 33-year-old singer wrote on his official blog that "there definitely won't be a tour any time soon" as his last tour "nearly killed" him.

The star added he also had no plans to release a "proper album" until 2009, but would be releasing some sort of material this year.

Williams' last album, Rudebox, was panned by critics and its first single only reached number four in the UK.

"There will be some kind of something this year," Williams wrote on his website.

'Sorry folks'

"I might just put the B-sides to the next album out first online. Then put an album out in 2009. Which means you won't be seeing a lot of me on stage for a while. Sorry folks."

He added: "I do have to say, the more time I'm spending away from public life, the more I like it. Unfortunately I have a massive competitive urge that wants me to put out three albums a year."

Williams spent much of 2007 out of the public spotlight after spending three weeks in rehab for a dependency to prescription drugs at the beginning of the year.

The former Take That star also admitted to fans he had put on weight over the festive period: "Christmas was a glutton feast - I neither fit into my pop star trousers or my bed for that matter.

"And with this bad back and gammy knee, exercise is a bit of a problem - so expect me to look like Brian Blessed in a tabloid near you soon."

• 2 months later...
Escapology was the top of the mountain for him. I really liked that album and ever since he's been poor.

I prefer I've Been Expecting You and Sing When You're Winning myself.

In my opinion Williams should have never parted from Guy Chambers, which is a brilliant songwriter.

• 2 weeks later...