Robbie Williams...

::Hayley::

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did, owing to the use of the word "was".:rolleyes:

mc_squared, here I must contradict you.

"He was a great actor" can mean two things: Either that the person mentioned (here Robin Williams) is dead OR that the Escapist thinks that Robin Williams is no longer a great actor.

So the Escapist might have been thinking of the second possibility / option and thus not saying / meaning that Robin Williams was/is dead.

By the way I both like Robin Williams, the American actor and Robbie Williams, the world-known (except from the USA) English singer. :)

No, it's because Robin Williams is a great actor and I have no idea who the hell this Robbie Williams is.

You don't know who is ROBBIE FUCKIN' WILLIAMS???? :stunned: It's a joke right?!

I love Robbie. I hated Take that (except for the song 'back for good' that mys sister played on repeat and that sunk in me... :D ) but Robbie is such a great entertainer! Every time I hear his music I want to jump and dance! You could say that pop music is lame but this feeling is what music is all about. So GO ROBBIE!!!

You don't know who is ROBBIE FUCKIN' WILLIAMS???? :stunned: It's a joke right?!

Yes, I think he was trying to be funny, and failing miserably.:rolleyes:

I love Robbie. I hated Take that (except for the song 'back for good' that mys sister played on repeat and that sunk in me... :D ) but Robbie is such a great entertainer! Every time I hear his music I want to jump and dance! You could say that pop music is lame but this feeling is what music is all about. So GO ROBBIE!!!

I agree with everything you've said. It's a pity his last album was so dreadful, but hopefully he'll now get back on track, especially with Guy Chambers back on the scene.:D

But aren't they meant to be writing new stuff together again?:confused:

I doubt it. Robbie said in a recent interview that hasn't really been touch with him in the last couple of years. He also said that he's sick of people saying that Guy Cambers is the man behind his success and that he can't do well without him. He said that the songs Guy Chambers wrote for/ with other people haven't exactly been massive hits. Fair point really.

I doubt it. Robbie said in a recent interview that hasn't really been touch with him in the last couple of years. He also said that he's sick of people saying that Guy Cambers is the man behind his success and that he can't do well without it. He also mentioned that the songs Guy Chambers wrote for/ with other people haven't exactly been massive hits. Fair point really.

Yes, but maybe there's a special chemistry when the two of them collaborate which Guy can't replicate with anyone else.;)

Yes, but maybe there's a special chemistry when the two of them collaborate which Guy can't replicate with anyone else.;)

True.

I don't know, I think a lot of people just disliked 'Rudebox'. Guy didn't write any of the songs on 'Intensive Care' and the album was generally well received.

As for America, I don't think he should try to break America. Just play more gigs in Europe instead.

Take the world by storm? If his new song is anything to go by- I doubt it! With lyrics in the chorus including the words 'all we ever wanted was to look good naked'......how can that be considered good?....It's a dreadful song!