✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Robbie Williams...

::Hayley::

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The album is the begining of Robbie downward career spiral, it will probably get to number one, but he`ll feel the repercusions in the sales of his next album, he`s just totally pissed on all of his fans with this shitty album.

Not that I was one anyway, and find it kind of amusing he can disrespect the people who put him where he his in such a way, I can appreciate the one and only truly great song he was involved in (written by that bloke, Robbie just happened to be there to sing on it) Angels.

I think it's just a matter of time until he retires. He obviously can't handle his own life anymore.. He's either gonna retire soon or we'll read of him taking too many pills and dying a tragic death like Elvis.. NO, I don't want to compare Robbie with The King of Rock'n'Roll, I'm just saying that both of them have serious issues, may it be with career, pressure or drugs..

Oh believe me, I'd like him to release more CDs, too! I don't share the opinions of others saying he doesn't have any talent - he may not be the best singer on earth, but he truly is an entertainer and though I've never been a big fan of him, I joined a friend of mine at one of Robbie's concerts and it was one of the best nights of my life, because he truly knows how to ENTERTAIN people!

And let me tell you, I absolutely LOVED his swing album and I truly hope that the rumours of him releasing another one like this again in the future!

But.. just look at him! He might have had his good times, but most of the time he seems sad, sick and powerless. I feel sorry for him, to be honest.. He's just a troubled kid, he always was!

The album is the begining of Robbie downward career spiral, it will probably get to number one, but he`ll feel the repercusions in the sales of his next album, he`s just totally pissed on all of his fans with this shitty album.

Not that I was one anyway, and find it kind of amusing he can disrespect the people who put him where he his in such a way, I can appreciate the one and only truly great song he was involved in (written by that bloke, Robbie just happened to be there to sing on it) Angels.

I'm pretty much of the same opinion, although I would say he's released a few decent songs apart from "Angels".

He just hasn't released anything of any real quality since the departure of Guy Chambers, however.................................... ;)

Oh believe me' date=' I'd like him to release more CDs, too! I don't share the opinions of others saying he doesn't have any talent - he may not be the best singer on earth, but he truly is an entertainer and though I've never been a big fan of him, I joined a friend of mine at one of Robbie's concerts and it was one of the best nights of my life, because he truly knows how to ENTERTAIN people![/quote']

True. I totally agree with that. Performing is definitely where his strength lies. I saw him in August and he was as entertaining as ever. However, when he performed "Rudebox" it left a nasty taste in the mouth. I thought it was awful and totally "out-of-place".

And let me tell you' date=' I absolutely LOVED his swing album and I truly hope that the rumours of him releasing another one like this again in the future![/quote']

He's definitely far more suited to swing than to dance/rap.;)

Well, yes, i agree he doesn't look good..

He sang in the Latinoamerican MTV Music Awards, and i think that sometimes his face seemed as if he was going mad! He had a really awkward look.. he needs someone to help him..

I've (finally) listened to his new cd, and it's not that bad.. i really like lovelight and kiss me, and also the 80s, the 90s, summertime, viva life on mars, rudebox.. ok, he had released better albums, but i like this.. maybe it's just beacause "it's robbie", i don't know..

Although my opinion: GUY WE WANT YOU BACK!!

What i reaally miss are some nice lyrics, like angels, eternity, feel, one of god's better people and sooooo on.. this new cds, almost all are stupid lyrics, but well.. i like it..

• 1 month later...

Robbie "better than God," say kids!!

Being a celebrity is the 'best thing in the world' say children

Last updated at 22:22pm on 17th December 2006

williamsGETTY140906_228x304.jpgRobbie Williams: Children think being a celebrtity would be 'one of the best things in the world'

enlarge.gif

Children under 10 think being a celebrity is the "very best thing in the world" but do not think quite as much of God, a survey has revealed.

The poll of just under 1,500 youngsters ranked "God" as their tenth favourite thing in the world, with celebrity, "good looks" and being rich at one, two and three respectively.

It is the second year running that God has come in at number 10 in the annual survey for National Kids' Day, but being rich came top last time around.

God did come top again this year as the most famous "person" in the world, beating US President George Bush into second place.

Meanwhile "killing" and "wars" head the list of the "very worst things in the world", followed by drunks, bullies, illness, smoking, stealing, divorce and being fat. Dying is in tenth place.

The research, carried out through schools and online, was by Luton First, sponsors and organisers of yesterday's National Kids' Day.

Asked what rules they would make if they were king or queen of the world, the number one response from the under-10s was to ban knives and guns.

They would also put a stop to fighting and killing, telling lies, drugs, bullying, drunks, and smoking.

The children who answered the survey would also put a stop to stealing, but wanted more holidays and more hospitals.

Just over three quarters of the youngsters said they would probably marry later in life, although 21 per cent gave a definite "No".

Most of them want to have children with most opting for one or two.

When asked how much money was needed to be rich, the children quoted figures ranging from £1,000 to £10 million - down on 2005 when the range was £460 to £200 million.

For most of the children questioned, Saturday remains the best day of the week.

Although God comes in as the tenth most famous person in the world, Jesus is at number four and Father Christmas at five.

Also in the top ten were Madonna, the Queen, Tony Blair and X-Factor stars Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne.

Wayne Rooney and David Beckham, who were in the top four in 2005, did not make the top ten this year.

Patricia Murchie of Luton First said: "The idea of the special Kids' Day is to give pre-teens a national voice for their opinions in a very simple format.

"This particular age group has some very clear ideas on how the world could be changed for the better but are very rarely given the opportunity to express them."

Here is a sample of some of the survey's results: What do you think is the very best thing in the world?

1. Being a Celebrity 2. Good Looks 3. Being Rich 4. Being Healthy 5. Pop Music 6. Families 7. Friends 8. Nice Food 9. Watching Films 10. Heaven/God

Well, I saw Robbie Williams last night in concert, and as expected he did not disappoint. This concert was the very last one of the tour, and I had a great night! Lined up all day and got a great spot, so it was worth getting sunburnt for lol. I loved Radio as the opening song, and we got great footage of it on our camera. Ladies, Robbie looked good ;) . Still not sure yet whether which concert I liked better, last nights or the one I saw in 2003. But anyway, loved Rudebox, what a great song to dance to! Highlights of course were Advertising Space, Back For Good (that was really cool!) Feel...and of course Angels, always a crowd favourite. Robbie was his normal charming self, such a funny guy. It was good to hear at the end of concert that he was not going to retire, he said even though he usually says that at the end of every tour, he's def not!

• 2 weeks later...
Well' date=' I saw Robbie Williams last night in concert, and as expected he did not disappoint. This concert was the very last one of the tour, and I had a great night! Lined up all day and got a great spot, so it was worth getting sunburnt for lol. I loved Radio as the opening song, and we got great footage of it on our camera. Ladies, Robbie looked good ;) . Still not sure yet whether which concert I liked better, last nights or the one I saw in 2003. But anyway, loved Rudebox, what a great song to dance to! Highlights of course were Advertising Space, Back For Good (that was really cool!) Feel...and of course Angels, always a crowd favourite. Robbie was his normal charming self, such a funny guy. It was good to hear at the end of concert that he was not going to retire, he said even though he usually says that at the end of every tour, he's def not![/quote']

Fair enough - but how the hell can you have liked "Rudebox"??:dozey:

^ i saw this thread yesterday and forgot to ask you to post pics fom the concert! it came and went so fast.

nice photo btw, i find myself having a renewed respect for robbie williams despite his latest album, largely due to some doc i saw on him.

^ i saw this thread yesterday and forgot to ask you to post pics fom the concert! it came and went so fast.

nice photo btw, i find myself having a renewed respect for robbie williams despite his latest album, largely due to some doc i saw on him.

And have you read "Feel"??

I have nothing against Robbie, even though I didn't have a great time at the concert and his latest album is sh*t.;)