✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Robbie Williams...

::Hayley::

Yes, I think he was trying to be funny, and failing miserably.:rolleyes:

I agree with everything you've said. It's a pity his last album was so dreadful, but hopefully he'll now get back on track, especially with Guy Chambers back on the scene.:D

Guy Chambers work is only on one song which was written in escapology times...

but I can't wait!!!! and I hope he will get his stage fright under control as he is just amazing live!!!! :)

P.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doubt it. Robbie said in a recent interview that hasn't really been touch with him in the last couple of years. He also said that he's sick of people saying that Guy Cambers is the man behind his success and that he can't do well without him. He said that the songs Guy Chambers wrote for/ with other people haven't exactly been massive hits. Fair point really.

Don't know which interview you're talking about but on the Chris Moyles show a few weeks back, when he debuted Bodies, he said that he does talk to Guy and that they will get back together evenutally, just when the timing is right.

The song in question, Blasphemy, was the last song written for the Escapology sessions so around 2002 ish. Lyrics can be found in 'Feel' the book.

Take the world by storm? If his new song is anything to go by- I doubt it! With lyrics in the chorus including the words 'all we ever wanted was to look good naked'......how can that be considered good?....It's a dreadful song!

Well, to you maybe. But I've heard nothing but good reviews about the song and I personally think it's amazing and epic.

I've never seen him live- just got his dvds. But I'm so determined to go to his next tour (if and when).

Don't know which interview you're talking about but on the Chris Moyles show a few weeks back, when he debuted Bodies, he said that he does talk to Guy and that they will get back together evenutally, just when the timing is right.

The song in question, Blasphemy, was the last song written for the Escapology sessions so around 2002 ish. Lyrics can be found in 'Feel' the book.

Well, to you maybe. But I've heard nothing but good reviews about the song and I personally think it's amazing and epic.

I've never seen him live- just got his dvds. But I'm so determined to go to his next tour (if and when).

I'll have a look if I can find it later, can't remember where I found it. I remember listening to the interview you are talking about though. Maybe it's just me but he didn't seem very convinced about it. He might eventually work with Guy but it isn't something he is planning to do in the near future.

You're right, Escapology was in 2002. It doesn't seem THAT long ago for some reason.

You should see him live, his concerts are amazing.

Take the world by storm? If his new song is anything to go by- I doubt it! With lyrics in the chorus including the words 'all we ever wanted was to look good naked'......how can that be considered good?....It's a dreadful song!

I wouldn't be so sure. It worked with 'I don't wanna rock, DJ'.

If you don't like Robbie, than the answer is simple, turn off your radios.

Well said.

I'll have a look if I can find it later, can't remember where I found it. I remember listening to the interview you are talking about though. Maybe it's just me but he didn't seem very convinced about it. He might eventually work with Guy but it isn't something he is planning to do in the near future.

That's the feeling I got too. I think he's still trying to rebuild his friendship with him.

Personally, I'm not fussed- I'm not a 'Robbie is nothing without Guy' fan.

Personally, I'm not fussed- I'm not a 'Robbie is nothing without Guy' fan.

[ah, finally I found a thread about robbie. :) ]

Me neither. I think Robbie did much in his work with Guy as well. Some people say that Guy has written his greatest hits - which is only partly true, in my opinion. Don't know, but in his biography he said that he wrote the lyrics for many songs. Ok, maybe Guy has composed the song, but in my opinion the lyrics are more important.

[god, at the moment I'm having a blockade with my English. GOD! I hope you all understand what I mean:)]

anyone else heard that there won't be a world tour following the new album? rumours are that he'll be doing only one gig (in london) that will be broadcasted in the cinemas at the same time :dozey: i hope it's not true.

unfortunately I heard the same. :( :( :(

I was at one of his gigs on the last tour. it was amazing. [i have to say, even the coldplay concert wasn't that amazing as the robbie concert was..]

So I hope he'll do other gigs as well..... at least one at munich :)

^well, according to my source (on tv) he isn't ready for touring because of his strong stage fright. which is why there was loads of medication involved during the last tours and we all know where it led to...

so yeah, taking this into account, he really should take his time.

but he's brilliant live and such a great entertainer, so i hope he'll be able to return to the stage one day... :(

I've heard that but nothing is confirmed. I know he hates touring with a passion and says he gets ill every time.

Which is a pity, as it's the "live" performances which have actually made him a star.

Without those he'd be nowhere, as there are far better singers around.;)

I love his performances, but he did say if he could go on TV and just do a few songs, then that's ok. He just hates touring.

I still say that without the live performances, he'd be nothing.:dozey:

I think there's even a case for saying he's the best live entertainer around.;)

He is back on speaking terms with Guy now! I'm pretty sure they did a bit of work together on Blasphemy so that it was ready to go on the album. Personally I think the time when he was writing with Guy is his best period for songs, some people prefer the Stephen Duffy stuff...

As for Bodies, I'm loving it and the snippet of Last Days Of Disco from the new album which is on his site sounds great too! I'm a massive Rob fan and presumably I always will be so I'm desperate for this new album.

Roll on his gig at the Electric Proms, I have tickets and I cannot wait. :D :D

Roll on his gig at the Electric Proms, I have tickets and I cannot wait.

Congrats! So glad to hear from a fan who got tickets. I'm hoping to go see the show at the cinema, though it falls during my exam period.

And I've heard that snippet of Last Days of Disco too- it sounds fantastic!

BTW, just checked iTunes Aus and after one day of sales, Bodies is at number 8 and is his most popular song already. :)

Congrats! So glad to hear from a fan who got tickets. I'm hoping to go see the show at the cinema, though it falls during my exam period.

And I've heard that snippet of Last Days of Disco too- it sounds fantastic!

BTW, just checked iTunes Aus and after one day of sales, Bodies is at number 8 and is his most popular song already. :)

Thanks! I'm still quite shocked that I actually have tickets! LOL

Ooh that's fab about Bodies on Australian iTunes, I know there's a lot of doubters but I think Bodies is gonna do really well :D

Ooh that's fab about Bodies on Australian iTunes, I know there's a lot of doubters but I think Bodies is gonna do really well

Just by reading some of the reviews there and alot are from people who don't like him, but love the song. That's great. And today it's up to number 4.

Just by reading some of the reviews there and alot are from people who don't like him, but love the song. That's great. And today it's up to number 4.

There's always a lot of people who claim they don't like him but they're the first to show interest when he releases something new :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's performing Bodies on the X Factor here tomorrow night and I CANNOT wait!! Woop!!! :dance:

rather jealous of your prom ticket but have loooooooots of fun!!!!

I can't wait to see xfactor tonight as he is "mentoring" and tomorrow night the performance!!!! its so great to have him back...and truely truely hope that somehow he will get his stagefreight under control.

P.

rather jealous of your prom ticket but have loooooooots of fun!!!!

I can't wait to see xfactor tonight as he is "mentoring" and tomorrow night the performance!!!! its so great to have him back...and truely truely hope that somehow he will get his stagefreight under control.

P.

I stayed in because I thought his performance was on tonight. How sad haha. Still nice to see him on TV again after such a long time. :)