• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

News on 15 April 2010 in relation to Robbie Williams

German ZDF Text: WILLIAMS ASKS FOR HAITI RELIEF / AID

Robbie Williams has appealed to the world to do its utmost to help children in the earthquake-stricken Haiti to a better life. The British singer who is also UNICEF ambassador said after his visit to Haiti that 3 months after the quake a lot has been done. "But it is still a huge challenge".

According to the latest UNICEF report the life conditions have improved for many of the 1.5 million children who are affected by the earthquake. But the situation is still difficult.

I took part in a tennis tournament in aid of UNICEF this evening. Over 1,000 Euros was raised.:D

German ZDF Text: WILLIAMS ASKS FOR HAITI RELIEF / AID

Robbie Williams has appealed to the world to do its utmost to help children in the earthquake-stricken Haiti to a better life. The British singer who is also UNICEF ambassador said after his visit to Haiti that 3 months after the quake a lot has been done. "But it is still a huge challenge".

According to the latest UNICEF report the life conditions have improved for many of the 1.5 million children who are affected by the earthquake. But the situation is still difficult.

• 2 months later...

Robbie Re-Joins Take That

After a 15-year wait and months of eager anticipation we can confirm that the rumours are indeed true: Robbie and Take That are back together and releasing an all-new album.

Following the reunion of all reunions in New York last September, Robbie, Gary, Howard, Jason and Mark have secretly recorded a full studio album with producer Stuart Price, which will be released later this year.

"I get embarrassingly excited when the five of us are in a room," said Robbie, who also duets with Gary Barlow on new solo single, Shame. "It feels like coming home."

Bandmate Mark Owen added, "Getting the five of us to be in a room together, although always a dream, never actually seemed like becoming a reality. Now the reality of the five of us making a record together feels like a dream. It’s been an absolute delight spending time with Rob again. But I’m still a better footballer."

And what does Jason Orange think about Robbie's re-joining the boys? "Flippin’ brilliant, absolutely brilliant," he said. "I’m over the moon that Robbie’s back with us, however long it lasts. I just want to enjoy our time with him. Life is beautifully strange sometimes."

Between them, the five-piece have have sold 80 million albums, performed to over 14.5 million people live, won 19 BRIT Awards, had 13 number one albums, 17 number one singles, eight MTV awards and five Ivor Novello awards!

Take That's forthcoming album, which is currently untitled, will be released in November 2010, a massive twenty years since the band first performed live together in 1990. Wow!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kK-TTOttY]YouTube- Take That - the rumours are true...[/ame]

Source: http://robbiewilliams.com

Maybe he's wants back in because he knows Take That have written better stuff recently than he has! :laugh3:

ahaha maybe, I did enjoy Rudebox though, and there are a few songs on the newest album which i enjoy as well - Bodies, Starstruck, Difficult For Weirdos

Maybe he's wants back in because he knows Take That have written better stuff recently than he has! :laugh3:

You have a point, of course, although that isn't really surprising considering Gary Barlow has always been a much better songwriter than Robbie, who is a performer first and foremost.;)

However, his last album was pretty good - infinitely superior to Rudebox.

great news! i'll definitely go and see them live next year :awesome: :dance:

Maybe I'll see you there, then!:P

ahaha maybe, I did enjoy Rudebox though, and there are a few songs on the newest album which i enjoy as well - Bodies, Starstruck, Difficult For Weirdos

I thought Rudebox was awful, but the last album was Robbie doing what he does best again.

I actually thought "You Know Me" was a great song, and one of the best he had produced in years.;)