✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The New Sherlock Holmes Movie/ The RDJ Appreciation Thread

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great film, much better than I thought it was going to be.

I think it's criminal that RDJ hasn't won an Oscar yet (he hasn't, has he?) but unfortunately I don't think Sherlock is going to be the film that does it for him. Not because he wasn't good enough, but because the Academy always tends to lean towards more 'gritty' films and roles.

Ohh this thread has changed to a RDJr thread.... :awesome: I LOVE RDJr since I discover him in Ally McBeal. I've tried to see all his movies ever since (not totally succeed yet...his early works are hard to find but I'm working on it!). To me, this man can't do wrong. He's always awesome in anything he's in, so subtle as an actor and charsimatic....That man is what's best out there.

btw, does anyone know what movie this is from?

Robert_Downey_Jr..jpg

Kiss kiss bang bang! :smug: I love this movie, RDJr is awesome in it! Great chemistry with Kilmer!

I think it's criminal that RDJ hasn't won an Oscar yet (he hasn't, has he?) but unfortunately I don't think Sherlock is going to be the film that does it for him. Not because he wasn't good enough, but because the Academy always tends to lean towards more 'gritty' films and roles.

+10000 He really deserved it for Chaplin.

He won't be nominated for Sherlock but maybe for the 'The Soloist' (great movie btw)...

How come it's out in every country except France? :bigcry:

Mouhahaaaaa, do like me and see it in London :awesome: (but I have to admit that RDJr speaks fast at time and I had hard time to follow what he was saying. Jude speaks slowly (thx Jude!).

I won't see it in France, the dubbing will be crap as always I'm sure :dozey: Don't want to ruin my memory of this movie!

They're always boring, sad and lame... -.- The make me depressed, of course not all of them, but most of them! :S

I actually love Oscar winning movies. :lol:

For some reason, they're always films I really love.

Except Slumdog Millionaire. That was the only exception. :dozey:

AND YES, OH MY GOD.

For those of you who haven't seen Chaplin: SEE IT. NOW.

RDJ does an AMAZING job playing one of the greatest directors that have ever walked this planet. If not, the greatest.

He really did deserve an Oscar for that.

He won a Golden Globe for it!

Mouhahaaaaa, do like me and see it in London :awesome: (but I have to admit that RDJr speaks fast at time and I had hard time to follow what he was saying. Jude speaks slowly (thx Jude!).

I won't see it in France, the dubbing will be crap as always I'm sure :dozey: Don't want to ruin my memory of this movie!

Show-off :shifty: :tongue:

Wow must be awesome to see it in London!

I just hate watching movies with french dubbing, it totally sucks :\

Show-off :shifty: :tongue:

:P but as a french, aren't we suppose to brag?! :laugh3:

Wow must be awesome to see it in London!

It was! In a little cute theater in Notting Hill, which must have been a theater (for plays) before...So lovely :) The room was full!

and I +1000 for Chaplin! The role of his life. But he's good in all his roles so...;

I honestly hated the movie, I had much higher expectations, doesnt follow the true Holmes character or Watson for that matter, it was predictable and Rachel Mcadams didnt even look that good, and she is a gorgeous girl. RDJ did do a good job though he mumbled through alot of lines. but I did watch it right after Avatar, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I saw it first, thats like Coldplay opening for 30 Seconds to Mars

I don't really understand....how does it not depict Holmes and Watson's characters? I've read all of the books twice and it seems to me that both characters were portrayed quite accurately.

since when was Sherlock an action hero, Watson is not supposed to have his head on so strait if you know what I mean. I was expecting much more deducing and less chasing, I mean I knew the whole plot from the very start, it wasnt very funny, other then the scene with the violin and the flies haha, brilliant.The score was very blah when you compare it to a similar movie like Pirates. The acting was good but that was to be expected, besides that big thumbs down from me, but I know im in the minority here, I just wouldnt be getting hopes up for an oscar.

Avatar is more then just about the effects, while its story line was semi predictable though you didnt know who the bad guy was untill near the end which I liked, it was also an allegory on our treatment of Native Americans and the enviorment, ohh and GREAT score

since when was Sherlock an action hero, Watson is not supposed to have his head on so strait if you know what I mean.

I don't totally agree.... :thinking: In the first Sherlock book, Watson describes Holmes as a man who is trained at martial arts and boxing, which is something that surprise him at first. So to me it was not shocking to see Sherlock boxing in the movie...it's the first time I think they show this aspect of him in the movies adaptation...which is good to me!

As for Watson, it's good to see they follow the book and portrayed him as a quite young and handsome lad, just as he's described in book 1 and not as the legendary old man we're used to...!

Avatar is more then just about the effects, while its story line was semi predictable though you didnt know who the bad guy was untill near the end which I liked, it was also an allegory on our treatment of Native Americans and the enviorment, ohh and GREAT score

The storyline of Avatar isn't this??... :laugh3:

jmrmb.jpg

didnt I say it was an allegory of our treatment of Native Americans ha, I agree SOME parts of it werent the most original, some very much were. and I know Sherlock Holmes is a boxer in the stories, and I did like that scene, then they completley over did it, since when is he an action hero solving crimes with his braun more so then his brain?