✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The New Sherlock Holmes Movie/ The RDJ Appreciation Thread

:P but as a french, aren't we suppose to brag?! :laugh3:

It was! In a little cute theater in Notting Hill, which must have been a theater (for plays) before...So lovely :) The room was full!

and I +1000 for Chaplin! The role of his life. But he's good in all his roles so...;

Ha, of course :snobby:

Awww :wacky:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt I say it was an allegory of our treatment of Native Americans ha, I agree SOME parts of it werent the most original, some very much were. and I know Sherlock Holmes is a boxer in the stories, and I did like that scene, then they completley over did it, since when is he an action hero solving crimes with his braun more so then his brain?

Since never...he didn't. He solved the mystery using his head, it just so happened that people kept getting in his way:P

Also, I'm not expecting an Oscar, never said I was. But technically, saying that you are the minority and then saying we shouldn't expect the movie to win any awards is kind of ironic:lol:

I went to see this today (finally!!) and i LOVED it!! Robert Downey Jr was amazing as always and i thought Jude Law made an excellent Watson too, but imo, even better than their respective characters was how brilliantly they seemed to gel together, i loved all their old married couple-style bickering :lol:

Also, they happened to show this trailer before the film started! :awesome:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Olpjl_IrE]'Iron Man 2' Trailer [HD][/ame]

I am SOOOO excited for this! Iron Man has to be one of my favourite films now, and if this trailer is anything to go by then Iron Man 2 is definitely gonna be a sufficiently kick ass sequel :D Roll on May :bomb:

I am SOOOO excited for this! Iron Man has to be one of my favourite films now, and if this trailer is anything to go by then Iron Man 2 is definitely gonna be a sufficiently kick ass sequel :D Roll on May :bomb:

I'm excited for it too. Which is highly unusual for me because I truly loathe action movies and did not even want to see the first one. And it also means I'll have to watch Gwenyth:dozey:.

But that's how much I love RDJ!:D

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so happy he won!!

and on another note i bought "the adventures of sherlock holmes" today!! its like all the short storys in one! and holy shit its long! :D so excited to read more, i had been reading them online which was a pain

RDJr WON!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: Saw his acceptance speech on YT this morning, it was :laugh3: like always!

I would have nonimated him for 'The Soloist' though....He deserved more an award for that movie than Sherlock... But anyway, the important thing is: HE WON!!!